Starting a RV trailer meeting Sacramento area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #1

Name: Monte
Trailer: Boler and Scamp Deluxe
California
Registry
Starting a RV trailer meeting Sacramento area

Hi RV people. I talked about starting a monthly meeting in the Sacramento a few months ago and got a good response! So let's do it. I'm thinking of meeting at a pizza joint maybe once a month or once every two months and just talking and having a good time! I'm part of a Rick Steves travel club and over the past 5 years have become great friends with many of the people of that group. I think the sky is the limit with where we could go! Soooo are you in?
Monte W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #2

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
I am in. I sent a private message, and by the way, what does this have to do with Rick Steve's political beliefs? Am I missing something?Don
Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #3

California
Registry
Starting a RV trailer meeting Sacramento area

Ok Steve, thanks for your input! This post was for people who live around the Sacramento area! Again, thanks for your input! God Bless, Monte
Old 11-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #4

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Please be sure to let us know when you're meeting. I'm a bit far but it sounds like fun.

Roger
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #5

Name: Terry
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
RVing

I would like to find a group that know's about the escape trailers in the Roseville/Sacramento area. Do you know of anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte W View Post
Hi RV people. I talked about starting a monthly meeting in the Sacramento a few months ago and got a good response! So let's do it. I'm thinking of meeting at a pizza joint maybe once a month or once every two months and just talking and having a good time! I'm part of a Rick Steves travel club and over the past 5 years have become great friends with many of the people of that group. I think the sky is the limit with where we could go! Soooo are you in?
Terry Hawkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:07 PM   #6

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hawkinson View Post
I would like to find a group that know's about the escape trailers in the Roseville/Sacramento area. Do you know of anyone?
There are Escape owners in the Sacramento region. You can get on the Escape forum and ask, or call Escape Trailer Industries and they will tell you where units are located near you.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:13 PM   #7

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Scamp
Northern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilhelm View Post
Please be sure to let us know when you're meeting. I'm a bit far but it sounds like fun.

Roger
Likewise on that. We are about 2 hours and some change away from Sacramento and new to this egg thing, but it does sound fun.

Bryan
HAPPYSCAMPER76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:28 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Sacramento area fiberglas trailer group ?

Julie & I are in Sonora so we probably couldn't attend a meeting at night . But we sometimes camp in the Delta / Sacramento / Napa area and hopefully you sometimes camp in our Gold Rush Hwy 49 / Yosemite / Tioga or Sonora Pass area. So maybe we could meet the group in your area or ours. The Sonora (Tuolumne County) fairgrounds has camping , as does the fairgrounds in Plymouth on 49.
3 wks ago we were at the Placer County fairgrounds in Roseville with the Sacramento area Vintage group : there the same weekend was a custom car / hot rod show with 100+ cars. Also open wheel vintage race cars running on the banked 1/4 mi oval and parking by our trailers and the car show. And a huge Tattoo Exposition with lots of 'interesting' but friendly people. Exciting weekend! The week before we were at nearby Tower Bridge KOA with 250 Vintage trailers and cars. Sacramento area is a happening place !
And I am very familiar with the Rick Steves way of travel; meeting people face to face to promote travel and understanding other countries, cultures and peoples. I've used his suggestions on more than a dozen trips around Europe. Politicians don't seem to be doing much to bring different countries together, it is up to people like us to travel, make friends, and understand other cultures. Nothing political in his travel suggestions. So keep me up to date on your plans, and come up to visit us ! David in Sonora and Fresno
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:42 PM   #9

Northern California
Hey David, I was in Sonora today, buying some stuff from the RV repair shop there. I live in Arnold and have to go over to that side of the river to buy anything the local Ace hardware or grocery store doesn't have. Maybe we can meet up sometime.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:08 AM   #10

California
Registry
Sacramento area fiberglass trailer group

Hey Guys, Maybe we can meet somewhere halfway! I'm open as to where to meet! Lets talk!
Old 11-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #11

Messsages ?

I do not see how to send Private Messages. ? David in Sonora and Fresno
Old 11-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Click on the name of the person you want to send a PM to and this will appear:
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #13

California
Registry
meet 1/2 way

Quote:
Hey Guys, Maybe we can meet somewhere halfway! I'm open as to where to meet! Lets talk!
I live in Buckhorn, just above Pioneer on 88. I'm about 1 1/2 hour from Sacramento. This time of year daylight driving is best. Jackson is about 1/2 way as is Sutter Creek Also Ironstone Winery is picturesque, in Murphys. Plenty of places to meet up in the Mother Lode. HOWEVER, just pick a place you guys, I'm rarin to go.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #14

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Quote:
Hi RV people. I talked about starting a monthly meeting in the Sacramento a few months ago and got a good response! So let's do it. I'm thinking of meeting at a pizza joint maybe once a month or once every two months....

Soooo are you in?
Yes, I'm in. Although I don't have my trailer yet and I'm not in California yet, but plan to soon and to move in early spring and plan to have a weekend off a month or so and to travel away from work.

Thanks,

Jen
Gennaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #15

California
Registry
Starting a RV trailer meeting in Sacramento

So, how does meeting in Jackson sound? I'm thinking after Thanksgiving! I'm open to somewhere else!
Old 11-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #16

Northern California
Jackson would be fine for us.

Bryan and Becca
Old 11-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #17

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Overnight or just coffee?

Quote:
So, how does meeting in Jackson sound? I'm thinking after Thanksgiving! I'm open to somewhere else!
Monte,
Are you thinking of an overnight after Thanksgiving? Jackson is a nice area in the fall. I have one problem. I have ordered a solar panel and once it comes in I will be taking the trailer down to LA (Los Angeles) for a few days to have it installed, and a few other upgraded accessories. I am not sure when this will happen but I expect the panel to come in about 1.5 weeks. I will keep you up to date.
Don,
Sacramento
Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:29 AM   #18

California
Registry
Smile Starting a RV trailer meeting in Sacramento

I was thinking of just getting together and talking at first to get to know one another. We can talk about planning a trip after that!
Old 11-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #19

California
Registry
Quote:
Jackson has a Mountain Mike's and a Round Table Pizza. Other places too.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #20

Sounds good, I''l l check w/ Julie. Might have to be evening for some folks. For us it might depend on when we are coming back from Santa Rosa area the 28th or so. Busy time ! David