Starting to take shape. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #15
Commercial Member
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Originally Posted by Jay Marlette View Post
I meant upholstery foam. I can see how insulation foam would be more topical in this thread. In fact, I'm applying some today. I'm starting to think about the cushions for the beds and seats.
Check the flyers in the Sunday papers for Jo-Ann coupons if you have stores near you. Also check to make sure the foam is not already "on sale", the coupons are only good on "regular price" items. Oddly enough, there are certain items that get marked down like 5% every time there is a coupon offered.

I found a local auction house that had gotten a truckload of foam twin mattresses in, bought 4 for $20 each, wish I had gotten more! They were 6" thick, though.

KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
Name: Jay Marlette
Trailer: 1976 Scamp
GMikeA, I took a bunch of gypsy trailer pics and taped them to my garage wall to get a general idea. This project just kinda forms as I go.

Spanke, Thanks for the foam site. It looks easy and fairly reasonable.

Jay Marlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
Name: Michael
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
For cheapest (free, really) high grade foam, I cruise around looking for curb couches. Find one in good shape and pillage the seat cushions. The foam is expensive stuff typically, meant to last. Some couches are stained and gross, some just have a rip in the arms or something and the foam is perfect. I find the quality better than the foam for sale at fabric stores or craft stores, and love the price.. an hour of time and 5 bucks in gas.

Your mileage may vary, but I've had great luck with this consistently and you're saving room in a landfill too

Bootsand is offline   Reply With Quote