staying home - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-03-2006, 12:08 AM   #15
Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
I take my holiday day on Friday the 7th to get me an extra day for weeks vacation. Going to Morro Bay on the central coast to camp at Morro Dunes for a few days during the week. I too avoid most holidays if I can.
We just stayed at Morro was a breakin the dogs to camping and they did pretty good. Have you stayed there before, if not let me know and I'll give you some good sites and resturants. An old park but a good one!!!! Chuck n Nancie

Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #16
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
I actually DID go camping and had quite the pleasant and suprising experience. Nothing in the campground but quiet families and hippie bike (as in pedal powered) riders.

Getting home was no big deal, I didn't see anyone behind me for about 40 miles.

Think that will ever happen again?

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #17
Name: Myron
Trailer: 19' Escape
We stayed home, which is a half hour from the Delaware River in northwest NJ, where the recent flooding has receded. Today decided to day trip it over the Dingmans Ferry Bridge and up to Port Jervis to see flood damage.

On the way back we stopped in Milford, Pa and discovered the Gifford Pinchot (first chief of the USDA Forest Service) ancestral home, Grey Towers, a national historic landmark. Wow, great grounds, very nice!

Some places along PA route 206, which runs parallel to the Delaware, the flood mud line could be seen a half mile west of the river 8 feet high. The quaint and ancient Dingmans (two lane wood flooring) Bridge Toll house wasn't washed away, but it must have been touch and go for them. The old guy who comes out to take your 75 cents pointed to a heavy timbered guard rail long side the road over a hundred feet from the river bank and on high ground that got smashed into by a rampaging tree trunk. It was broke through.

Homeowner damage was was much worse downriver to Trenton.

Myron Leski is offline   Reply With Quote