staying home - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Highways busy, campgrounds crowded, even our "secret" boon-docks sometimes full of party-goers, so we stay home most long weekends.

Anyone else out there lying low?
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Highways busy, campgrounds crowded, even our "secret" boon-docks sometimes full of party-goers, so we stay home most long weekends.

Yes,
Working and fixin the trailer so we can make Bolerama our own long weekend
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #3

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
We avoid the holiday camping/driving frenzy like the plague. Last week we enjoyed a peaceful three days at Indian Henry Campground along the Clackamas River with just a handful of fellow campers in the beautiful 80-site F.S. setup. Even the camp host was unhurried and mellow.
Since our work schedules are not geared to the ordinary weekday routine we have the option to go during the week. Much preferred.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:23 PM   #4

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
We NEVER go on holiday weekends... that's really amature hour!

Rog
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Long weekend, what long weekend...did I miss something

Gotta work Monday

But, am leaving next Friday (7th) don't go back to work until the 19th

Normally don't go anywhere over looong weekends anyway...too many crazys on the road hurrying to get wherever it is they're going and then in too much of a hurry at the end of the weekend to get home.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:39 PM   #6

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
Smile

Quote:

I had the day off but just tonight found out I was going to have to WORK. Good thing I didn't have plans...
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Got final mods to install, and a wash & wax job to do before we head out for Bullard's.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Hubby's gone fishing in Mammoth, no camping tho he's staying at a friend's condo. I'm staying home and if I can get motivated in this heat I'm going to work on the Jeep and Boler. And do some shopping.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #9

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
staying home,too.

the potomac river outside my door is very high as some of you may have seen on the TV news. i still have not put in a dock this year. might build one and wait for the water to go down to put it in. haven't been into town to see if the park is flooded. it could be. i remember how high up the markers are painted on the buildings for the height of water during the floods of various years. last bad one was 1996.

want to help out the folks just downriver who have been flooded out of their homes. don't know what an old woman can do though.
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:28 AM   #10

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
We try to stay off the road on holidays, too. This year, we leave for Reno on July 5th for celebration of Grandson's 1st birffday, then a leisurely wander to the OR Gathering.
Whatever your plans we wish you a safe & happy holiday filled with fun. L 'n D
Old 07-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #11

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel and 1995 Bigfoot 2500 Shortbox Truck Camper and 1972 Compact Jr ('CJ') and 1974 Boler ('BB')
Hey Char.....

Believe it or not, we are also lying low this weekend and are doing non-trailer related things. We also tend to camp during the week and stay away from the long-weekend traffic.

We couldn't go even if we wanted to......no trailer to take

Getting things ready to head to Oregon.

Take care,

Brenda
Brenda Novakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #12

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I take my holiday day on Friday the 7th to get me an extra day for weeks vacation. Going to Morro Bay on the central coast to camp at Morro Dunes for a few days during the week. I too avoid most holidays if I can.
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:46 PM   #13

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
We avoid Holiday camping, usually too crowded, too rowdy and too many camp fires.
Not much fresh air there.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #14

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Alright!

We had a lovely BBQ tonight with some neighbourhood friends, the kids playing with Important Sticks in the yard.

Boler safely parked in the driveway, sleepover allowed later this weekend.

- Char

We have leftover kabobs and salmon, anyone want some?

(Salad's mostly gone, but we have some coolers -- nobody liked the Spicy Clamato!)
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:08 AM   #15

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Quote:
I take my holiday day on Friday the 7th to get me an extra day for weeks vacation. Going to Morro Bay on the central coast to camp at Morro Dunes for a few days during the week. I too avoid most holidays if I can.
We just stayed at Morro Dunes...it was a breakin the dogs to camping and they did pretty good. Have you stayed there before, if not let me know and I'll give you some good sites and resturants. An old park but a good one!!!! Chuck n Nancie
Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #16

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I actually DID go camping and had quite the pleasant and suprising experience. Nothing in the campground but quiet families and hippie bike (as in pedal powered) riders.

Getting home was no big deal, I didn't see anyone behind me for about 40 miles.

Think that will ever happen again?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #17

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
We stayed home, which is a half hour from the Delaware River in northwest NJ, where the recent flooding has receded. Today decided to day trip it over the Dingmans Ferry Bridge and up to Port Jervis to see flood damage.

On the way back we stopped in Milford, Pa and discovered the Gifford Pinchot (first chief of the USDA Forest Service) ancestral home, Grey Towers, a national historic landmark. Wow, great grounds, very nice!

Some places along PA route 206, which runs parallel to the Delaware, the flood mud line could be seen a half mile west of the river 8 feet high. The quaint and ancient Dingmans (two lane wood flooring) Bridge Toll house wasn't washed away, but it must have been touch and go for them. The old guy who comes out to take your 75 cents pointed to a heavy timbered guard rail long side the road over a hundred feet from the river bank and on high ground that got smashed into by a rampaging tree trunk. It was broke through.

Homeowner damage was was much worse downriver to Trenton.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote