Still alive; just barely - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2019, 05:54 AM   #21

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
A. Lawyers are allowed in small claims court- at least in this state. We were trapped by time constraints - including my high school reunion - and multiple hospitalizations - and the symptoms of which included a high degree of confusion on my part. Amd our spare funds-which you need yay much money to start the legal ball rolling- was being sucked up by emergency medical needs. I had 8 hospitalizations for gosh sakes! Even after insurance paid their part we were barely able to keep the wolf from the door.

Our prior garage- which handled all repairs on my FIL's fleet of trucks in the 1950s, all his large family's personal car service, and OUR personal auto service since 1981 - and which was under new ownership and all the trustworthy staff fired and replaced, were unable to cope and we had decided not to use them anymore. That new ownership sold the garage again and brought in staff who this time know what they are doing. So at least we have a trustworthy set of mechanics again. It was just one thing after another that particular autumn that hopefully won't recur again.

Thank you all for your sympathy and suggestions. I think I will post a google review on the local dealership and the tow service. I take DHs advice on most all legal issues-if he says it's not worthwhile pursuing legally - believe me it's not.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:30 AM   #22

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post

Thank you all for your sympathy and suggestions. I think I will post a google review on the local dealership and the tow service. I take DHs advice on most all legal issues-if he says it's not worthwhile pursuing legally - believe me it's not.

Well just remember that it is also probably not worthwhile for them to pursue legally. And as long as they have not read this they don't know you have reached the same conclusion ;-) So a nice well written demand letter with a reasonable demand and with your husband's letter head or better yet one of his buddies would probably do wonders to at least get you some money.

Probably file the google thing immediately. As soon as the demand letter thing is handled complain up the chain to the district service manager for the manufacturer. THIS WILL FIX THINGS especially if he/she gets more than one.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:25 AM   #23

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
OH to whomever asked- it is a joint Dodge/Chevy dealership. Computerspook, I will ask DH about a letter. We were left feeling quite impotent and frustrated, to put it mildly.-