Still grounded, but chomping at the bit - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2006, 04:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 1999 25 ft Bigfoot (25B21RB)
I just finished watching Lucy and Desi in Long Long Trailer, and really really enjoyed it I had searched all over the country trying to find a DVD of the movie with CC and I finally bought it at Overstock.Com good price too!
Here's too ya
Jimmy

Old 05-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Quote:
I just finished watching Lucy and Desi in Long Long Trailer, and really really enjoyed it I had searched all over the country trying to find a DVD of the movie with CC and I finally bought it at Overstock.Com good price too!
Here's too ya
Jimmy
That movie should be mandatory viewing for all trailer owners! It is sooooooooooo good.

Sure hope you get back on the road soon. Best of health to you.

Diane

Old 05-22-2006, 06:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi Jimmy, missed you and Ruth at Rock Crusher this year. Bigfoot was represented.

How goes the progress on your recuperation?
Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1999 25 ft Bigfoot (25B21RB)
Quote:
Hi Jimmy, missed you and Ruth at Rock Crusher this year. Bigfoot was represented.

How goes the progress on your recuperation?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #5

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado

Hey Jimmy,

I havn't spent much time here lately but I can relate to your ''grounding''. How are you doing now? How soon will you be back on the road?

Last Friday, week ago, I went into Ventricular Tachycardia and we called 911 and that saved my life. The Doc's say it was caused by heart scar tissue from previous heart attacks. That sucks!

Tuesday they implanted a combination De-fibrulator and Pacemaker and now the Cardiologist says I can't drive for 3 MONTHS. So, it looks like we may be grounded for the summer as well. My wife does drive the rig but handling the heavy hitch and bars, etc, is too much for her so unless I can figure that part out, we're stuck.

Oh well, the Bigfoot will wait.

God Bless you and yours. Keep us posted.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #6

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Hey! Hang in there!
You're not alone. There's a lot of usout here. I got caught by the VIOX thing. Put me in the hospital for a while unable to use one whole side. Spent three months at home trying to recoup. Tried going back to work and finally realized it wasn't going to happen. Three years later the Doc says there's no permanent damage and he expects me at his retirement party. Thatr's 30 years away. That'll put me close to the century mark. I think he'skidding.Now if I could only get rid of the arthurritis that started the whole thing.
First I crawled, then I used a walker, then two canes, then one, and finally on my own. It takes a little determination but we can be master of our own destiny. Now I can once again go canoeing and backpacking. I just have to stay within my limitations.I still think that everythings posible
Old 05-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
I wish you (all) speedy recovery and good health for many, many years to come. Even if you cannot get to a campground and camp, get outside and take up a bit of sunshine. Close your eyes and imagine you are lounging on a beach and your egg sits on a hill overlooking the water in a pristine campground with (or without) all the amenities your heart desires.

You'll get there...keep your spirits up!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #8

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado

You are all so kind. What would we have if not for friends and loved ones? I pray for all of you / us, and those unknown, every day. I am very fortunate in that I'm able to do, according to the Cardiologist, "anything I want to do except drive and arc weld". Well, I don't do much arc welding anymore and driving is temporary so life's good.

I can't help think of my old friend, Frank Hubbard of Decatur, Illinois, who used to say, "I'm so old that what doesn't hurt doesn't work anymore". He was a great guy and had a great attitude in reality.

He was 79 when he died and used to tell me he didn't want a Micro-wave in his house for fear it would make him STERILE.

What a guy.

God bless us all --- eveyone.

EKW
Old 05-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #9

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
Better yet. Set up the trailer in the back yard or even in the driveway. Put out the lawn chairs , open up the awning, plan and cook your meals and don't worry what the neighbors think. Stay out there for a three day weekend. Heck, you don't even have to fight traffic or worry about gas prices.

My first camp trip was inside the shop due to the fact that the trailler was not road worthy yet. Might sound a little silly but we realy did have a good weekend. All you realy give up is a little scenery but a good imagination you can be any where you want to be.

Fun is where you find it.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #10

Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
Firstly, best wishes to all you suffering from poor health. Health problems are the most difficult to deal with, it affects one emotionally, financially, and spiritually. I've had a few myself and if I can add anything to this discussion, try to camp no matter what.

I purposefully bought this little 13' camper so I can drive it anywhere and as I'm "backup challenged", find campgrounds with drivethroughs and then leave my camper hooked up the entire time. That way you don't have to worry about lifting or moving heavy things.

There's nothing like camping to raise the spirits.

Good luck to each of you!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 AM   #11

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
I like Ron's idea. I have never camped in my trailer in the driveway but I have threatened to once or twice. I have however, camped in my own back yard. My best friend and I did it one Memorial Day weekend. We were packed and ready to go when I got a call I had to work on Saturday for 3 hours and Sunday for 2 hours. I tried everything to get out of it but there was no way around it. So we unloaded the lawn chairs, ice chest, tent, the whole nine yards into my backyard. On Sunday it started raining something terrible so we hauled all the gear into my livingroom. One of the cheapest and best camping trips we ever had. We still talk and laugh about it.

Camping in the driveway is not the worst thing. Cheap on gas, easy packing, not far from home in case you forget something, no back ache from traveling, no backing up, laundry and showers on site and free, no traffic, no fighting for a camp site on this busy weekend, you know the area well and if it is safe or not, no camping fees and best of all, lifts your spirits while giving the neighbors something new to talk about. Who could ask for more. Jimmy and everyone else, I say go for it. When God gives you lemons and apples, make lemonade and apple sauce.

I had surgery almost 3 weeks ago and have 3 weeks more to go before I can get back to driving and my normal routine. I wish all of you a good health and a speedy recovery.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.