Stop me - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2006, 11:10 PM   #41

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
He still hasn't call me on the title.

I am a stubborn old coot. Not gonna bug him, if he wants to get my money, he can work at it.

The one on eBay I am watching closely tho. I taint never beenun to Texaz!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:00 AM   #42

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
The one on eBay I am watching closely tho. I taint never beenun to Texaz!
Gina, I strongly suggest you make a trip to Texas...they can use the rain
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #43

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Maybe you could even drag some of the rain home with you. Of course my building contractor wouldn't appreciate rain right now with the way my house is, but we sure do need it otherwise.
Please give me a call with your cell# if you cancel your landline.

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #44

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1987
Quote:
Gina,

I'm not sure if I caught it in earlier posts in this thread, but Eriba Pucks are quite sought after in the Classic Volkswagen community.

Many of them can be found on www.thesamba.com advertised with VWs. I belive it's the combo of lightweight trailer and German craftsmanship that bring the two together. My 1978 VW Westfalia Van puts out a blistering 93 horsepower. Definitely a lighter trailer needed for that...except it is already a camper.

If the need came up, you could fix that trailer up and have a good chance of selling it to the VW community.
Hey, anybody want a partially disassembled Split-Windows Double Cab Pickup? My wife keeps trying to convince me to part with it...

- MIchael
MKohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #45

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
anybody want a partially disassembled Split-Windows Double Cab Pickup?

no.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #46

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1981 17 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Harold Dean
Quote:
Whoops, should have done a pre-post peek at the Puck site.

(The table still needs evening up. Aren't there any brands we haven't got?)
There was someone in the Antelope Valley in Southern California in what is now the Palmdale outskirts on Avenue P and about 10th St West who had a 64 Corvair Van that had an egg shaped laid up Fiberglass body on it when I was living ther in 1991. Said it was one of a kind and was always trying to sell it. Could be the elusive one you have been looking for. Harold
Harold Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #47

Trailer: 2002 21.5 ft Bigfoot / 2003 Chevy Duramax 4x4
Quote:
64 Corvair Van that had an egg shaped laid up Fiberglass body
Tsk, tsk, won't work. This is a [b]molded fiberglass RV site. That one would belong on the [b]laid-up site. ... which would sort of apply to any 1964 Corvair Van, anyway, even when they were new.

But, nice try, Harold.
Bill Abbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #48

Quote:

no.
Spoilsport. When I get it finished sometime in the next decade then you'll wish you had...

Michael
Old 02-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #49

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Hey, anybody want a partially disassembled Split-Windows Double Cab Pickup? My wife keeps trying to convince me to part with it...
- MIchael
When I mentioned this to my husband his eyes got all glazed over. He then sighed and said " That exactly the VW I've always wanted, I love those.". I already knew that but I [b]had to see his reaction.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #50

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Lizbeth,
That was sort of like the kid sitting in the wagon with a weiner on a stick, teasing the dog tied to the wagon tongue.
Ann would definately be in trouble if she did that to me.
Kurt & Ann K.
P.S.
I've a '68 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 that all the suspension, gear boxes, differentials and engine have been rebuilt, but it has never been operated since that was done in the mid '70's. The body had been removed and frame painted, and then the couple who were restoring it divorced. The body has enough bolts in place so it can be towed.
Anyone interested in completing the restoration? I'm accepting offers.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #51

Quote:
When I mentioned this to my husband his eyes got all glazed over. He then sighed and said " That exactly the VW I've always wanted, I love those.". I already knew that but I [b]had to see his reaction.
I bought the thing 3 years ago (at the time it ran but had no brakes) and got it stripped down and about 1/2 the paint and rust removed when it got partially submurged by garage clutter. It has been that way while I was distracted by the Burro (which is now in pretty reasonable shape) and I believe my wife (Evelia) has noticed that I might be thinking about starting up on it again. As far as I'm concerned it was the one of the coolest things VW ever made but no one else in my family shares my fascination. I figure it will be done about the time I retire.

I keep telling her if she really wanted to get it out of the garage she should call OverHaulin'

- Michael
Old 02-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #52

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
I've a '68 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 that all the suspension, gear boxes, differentials and engine have been rebuilt, but it has never been operated since that was done in the mid '70's. The body had been removed and frame painted, and then the couple who were restoring it divorced. The body has enough bolts in place so it can be towed.
Anyone interested in completing the restoration? I'm accepting offers.
<sigh> Kurt... the F engine? <sigh> station wagon doors on the back? <sigh> three on the tree? <sigh> jump seats? <sigh> We just sold one car yesterday, and will probably sell our Mitsu 3kGT VR4 this spring. My wife would kill me... but... no.. no... restraint, Roger... restraint...

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #53

Trailer: Two decrepit Prowlers
Personally I like the foodies' take on Shakespeare: "What foods these morsels be."

Talking about shopping lust, I was interested in the Cloud for sale on e-Bay. Anyone know anything about them.

Dale
Dale662 is offline   Reply With Quote