Storage Guy Disappeared On Me... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
I was all set to store my U-Haul at a private indoor storage facility this past Thursday. The guy calls me Thursday morning and says we'll have to push it back until Saturday. Ok, no problem I told him... but it MUST be done on Saturday, since I've been waiting over a week already from the first time I talked to this man and I have to get this trailer off the street so my neighbors have parking for their guests for Christmas.

Saturday comes and I called his cell phone... "not in service" says the pre-recorded message. So I called his house number that he also left me. Nobody home, so I leave a message. I also emailed him Saturday morning, with no response since then.

Soooo.... my trailer sat out on the street for Christmas Eve and Christmas day, preventing visitors to my neighbors from having a decent parking space.

This guy's phone is STILL saying "not in service", so I guess I'm screwed for now. I found a cheap outdoor storage place, but was hoping to get the indoor spot since the ceiling on the inside of my U-Haul is seperating and I don't want to have two feet of snow sitting on top of it before I can make the necessary repair.
Buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 03:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Uhm, Would you have your own key after storing the trailer? If not, I'd re-think the savings. If someone can't keep a cell phone bill paid and has the phone turned off, I don't want to do business with them. Especially, leave them in possession of my property.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
Quote:
Uhm, Would you have your own key after storing the trailer? If not, I'd re-think the savings. If someone can't keep a cell phone bill paid and has the phone turned off, I don't want to do business with them. Especially, leave them in possession of my property.

Curt
Yeah, I guess you're right.

But $65 a month for indoor storage is pretty cheap in Chicago.
Buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 AM   #4

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
If you are concerned about the roof being damaged by snow weight, here's a suggestion:

Just cut a couple pieces of plywood, one to fit the center of the ceiling, and the other for the floor. Then cut a 2 x 4 of a length to wedge between the two pieces of plywood.

That will support the roof nicely over the winter, and prevent further damage.

Loren
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote