Story From My Vancouver Is camping last summer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2011, 04:57 AM   #1

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Story From My Vancouver Is camping last summer

Hi, my brother encouraged me to put this little story here that I'd put in my annual Christmas letter (which of course came out Valentine's Day!):

This past summer my camping buddy "Karen L." and I took our small fiberglass trailers to another country--Canada! We ferried from Port Angeles (Washington State) to Vancouver Island. We're both single women, but I brought Joey (my fun-loving red heeler) and Karen her black lab Chase. Each of us has a SUV. On the third day of the trip, guess who pulled up to our campsite to introduce herself? Yes, another small fiberglass trailer owner!, but not only that--a female, single, about our age, with an SUV and a dog!

Turns out Mona is from Quebec City and had just spent more than 2 weeks traveling with Felix acoss Canada in her classic Trilluim to get there!
Attached Thumbnails
Vanc Is 8-10 Mona Rioux and trailer 095.jpg  
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #2

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
(continued)

(Cont.) She is so sweet and fun and we talked her into coming with us for two days! Then 2 more days, then 2 more. . . . You get the picture. . . .She was a pleasure to have on the whole rest of our trip!

And the biggest kick of all was--her native language is French and she doesn't speak much English! What a daring terrific lady. We camped at Qualicum Falls Provincial Park, Telegraph Cove, in Nainamo (Living Forest Campground), and near Victoria (Goldstream Provincial Park). We saw whales, the huge firs at MacMillian Cathedral Grove, and Port Hardy. Also we were treated to a royal banquet on my friend Dennis K.'s yacht in Port McNeil!

Three cheers for the Comradarie Of The Fiberglass RV's!
Attached Thumbnails
Mona Rioux & Felix on Vancouver Is 8-2010.jpg   3 cars 3 trailers at rest area mid-Vancouver Is 8-2010.jpg  

3 visitors, 3 dogs in front of channel, E Vancouver Is 8-10 (Picasa1).jpg   Royal Treatment on Dr. Koukel's yacht 151.jpg  

Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sounds like quite a time! Glad Mona found you too. Sometimes there's more fun in numbers. Camping is the language everyone understands when you have a fiberglass trailer. Thanks for sharing the pics too
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...Now that's DESTINY!!! What a memorable trip.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Looks like you had a great trip! Glad you took home great memories of my little island :-) I spent my childhood on the Island and in recent years have taken the trailer over and left it for the summer and did lots of exploring of places I have never been to before. Still have a number of places on my list to get to one of these days. Once you start exploring the Island it becomes bigger than you think and time runs out fast!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Wow where was this specifically? I can't believe it's real! Do they need to put Tidy Bowl in the water?

AMAZING!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
Wow where was this specifically? I can't believe it's real! Do they need to put Tidy Bowl in the water?

AMAZING!
No tidy bowl required Matt just nice pure clean and cold Canadian glacier water.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote