Street Rod Heaven - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Voted for the cute little yellow car. Please let us know the outcome of the competition.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:20 AM   #22

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Nancy : I'll definitely post the results. We will know on the 16th. Norm says he hopes for 3rd. They are all gorgeous cars and most of them are drivers like ours. It's hard to compete in a class of trailer queens when you've got mileage on you own and it's homebuilt. However the fanciest, and commercially built one dropped out apparently as it didn't show up on the web-site.

Doug, yep we are members of the CSRA and Historical Automobile Society of Canada -we have a old restored model A. and NSRA and FGRV!

Voting ends sometime today. Thanks all.
Jean
norman and jean mulloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #23

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: OK... for those unititiated, CanAm RV in London, Ontario used a mid-90s Intrepid hitched to a wide-body Airstream 34' tri-axle with a Hensley Arrow hitch to demonstrate how well a large trailer can handle behind a light tow vehicle. Hensley actually uses footage from this in their advertising videos. There has been significant discussion for years on Airstream sites about the advisability of using such a small tow vehicle for such a large trailer, and the debate rages on...
I expect that there is a certain bliss in being unconstrained by the laws of physics that most of the rest of us must follow. Fussy details like conservation of momentum, the annoying tendency of moving objects preferring to continue in a straight line, that whole friction thing. Science is what they want it to be.

I imagine them moving through their lives in an almost continual state of wonder. Things happening by magic, doggedly proud of their ignorance and resolutely sure that whatever happens, it wasn't their fault. And, of course, what I call Selective Anarchy. The rules apply to everyone else but them.

Sigh.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #24

Quote:
The rules apply to everyone else but them.
Sigh.
And not just physics.
There are those of us too who think the rules of managing good physical health don't apply to us either. My clothes seem to shrink in the closet EVERY YEAR
jean
Old 02-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #25

trailer wt v.s tow vehicle weight
I know this is backtracking but another thread reminded me to ask Norm what the oxygen does weigh. 2,000 to 2,200 lbs dry wt. The roadster completed weighs 3,200. So we'd only be able to haul marshmallows, chips, paper towels, bikini's, popcorn and helium-filled balloons.
jean
Old 02-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #26

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Norm or Jean: Have you seen the new BBS the CSRA has up and running now?

http://www.csra.ca/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #27

Doug: No I hadn't seen it yet. Thanks. We used CSRA event listings to plan last summer. It was the best site for finding events in your own province. I hadn't got that far-thinking yet. AHHH more ways to gobble up our time. You know this used to just be the seed catalogue time of year, imaging what ambitious plans you could have for your gardens.
jean
Old 02-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #28

Bronze Metal Winner Thank you all

If you go back to www.autoshow.ca and the GALLERY then Cruise Nationals and Classic Salon, you will see our presentation pictures, we're pix #'s 12 and 13.
First was the white 63 dodge polara-a drag racer with a 426 hemi and 2nd was the baby blue '58 chevy convertible- what a beauty -restored to original. All the cars were gorgeous, very stiff competition.

This was the longest and classiest car show we've ever been in. Norm's baby has been at the autoshow for over 2 weeks now. Home tomorrow.

Thank you again for your voting. We were told we will never know the judging scores separate from the internet voting. Just the final results.
Jean
Old 02-27-2006, 08:08 AM   #29

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Quote:
[b]Bronze Metal Winner Thank you all
Congratulations! Can we add this to our Olympic medals count?
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:17 AM   #30

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Congrats... but we all think you deserved Gold!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:06 AM   #31

Quote:
Congratulations! Can we add this to our Olympic medals count?
OK, but I think cars should be a summer event though

I just realized it's still on the web. If you search for MSN Canada (or www.sympatico.msn.ca) then sidebar Autos, the Toronto Auto Show is there with an article on the Cruise National. No pix though. I thought in the grand scheme of all things web, that this would be old news by now.

Oh we have winter here now. Tons of lovely white stuff. Wish I'd bought those high boots I looked at last week.
jean
Old 03-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #32

Trailer: 1986 23 ft Road Ranger
Beautiful car, Jean! We have a 1948 Plymouth sedan and a 1965 Chev Bel Air. Neither car is finished and my son and I are trying to talk hubby into selling the Plymouth and finishing the Bel Air (the Bel Air is hubby's first car and he has owned it for over 20 years now).

Do you ever go to Yakima's Vintiques show?
Rick and Shannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #33

Registry
Plymouth?? Did someone mention PLYMOUTH??
We have an all Mopar 37 Plymouth (see avitar) and do alot of rod events and campouts in and around the sPacific North Wet. MAYBE we can meet up sometiime soon?
Old 03-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #34

Registry
P.S.
We also have a 13ft. Trillium and will be in Astoria the week of July4th at the KOeh!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #35

Trailer: Bigfoot
Send a message via AIM to Sam Bailey
Is there a show in Astoria Doug?

Sam
Sam Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #36

Quote:
P.S.
We also have a 13ft. Trillium and will be in Astoria the week of July4th at the KOeh!!!
Doug - We will be at Fort Stevens on July 6th for 3 or 4 nights.

BTW - Rick has agreed to sell the '48 Plymouth.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #37

Registry
Sam, NO there is NO show in Astoria just a dozen or soo members of our local National T Bucket Alliance car club (we also own a hot rodded 1926 model T touring) getting together for one of our meets. This event is also a celeberation of two of our couples (myself included) wedding anniversarys.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #38

Registry
Shannen, unfortunately we will be leaving KOA that morning (that you are @ Ft, Stevens) we are heading back NORTH to the KOA in Burlington WA to overnight there that night and then go to a weekend car club campout (Fire Cracker Rod Run) in Ferndale where I KNOW there will be at least 15/16 glass eggs all "done up".

Our plans were to stay in KOA @Astoria till Saturday but we were "invited" to attend the car show in Ferndale and we need to get there on Friday (noon) to get a good "dry" camping spot.

You DO, however have an invite to attend our local Egg Meet up here at "The Fort" campground, in Fort Langley (B.C.) the weekend May 19/22 We still seem to have a limited number of sites available

And Sam...there is room for YOU and your 'Stang in Ferndale that weekend OR you are welcome to join us at Astoria if you wish, this is NOT a closed venue, but you need to make reservations like YESTERDAY, so don't dally IF you want to attend with us.....
Old 03-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #39

Quote:
Beautiful car, Jean! We have a 1948 Plymouth sedan and a 1965 Chev Bel Air. Neither car is finished and my son and I are trying to talk hubby into selling the Plymouth and finishing the Bel Air (the Bel Air is hubby's first car and he has owned it for over 20 years now).

Do you ever go to Yakima's Vintiques show?
Thank you
what is Yakima's Vintiques show?
jean
Old 03-05-2006, 01:25 AM   #40

Doug - Thanks for the invite to Fort Langley but that is a little too far for us (we have two teenagers--that says it all ). I think we will be arriving at Fort Stevens on the 5th instead of the 6th so maybe we can meet up before you head out.

Jean - Vintiques Northwest Nationals show is at the Yakima County Fairgrounds. It is a weekend long show on the first weekend in August. The show actually starts Friday night. Saturday activities include a poker run through the beautiful Yakima Valley, show and shine (with a very small swap meet) and games. The gates close to the public around 5:00 or 6:00 and the club puts on a nice barbecue, cruise and dance. The awards ceremony takes place Sunday morning, along with a pancake breakfast. You can either camp at the fairgrounds or stay at a local hotel. It is really a great show and the only show that we must attend each year. The show was once only open to pre-49 vehicles but they have sinced opened it up through 1972.

Here is their website (along with printable registration forms): Vintiques Car Club

Shannen