Stuff you bought and wish you hadn't - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #57

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Couple things others have dissed. I have a Flush King, similiar as Roberts Flush Pro that he doesn't like, back flushes the tanks fine as far as I can tell.

The Anderson levelers work fine by myself when used with a Level Master on the front of the camper.

Things I don't use, or almost never. 10 pc Magma cookset. the 2 old pots we take along get all the use, the Magma is too heavy to pull out and unstack.

Thermacell bug repellent. Doesn't work any better then the citronella candles.

LaFuma zero gravity chair, way to bulky and heavy.

Northern Breeze screen house. Built to last forever, too heavy and bulky, hard to put up.

A number of tools or maint items, like a tire plug set. In 45 years I've never plugged a tire, on anything.

I'm sure there's a number of kitchen gadgets in the drawer I used once.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #58

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post

Northern Breeze screen house. Built to last forever, too heavy and bulky, hard to put up.
We love our Northern Breeze screen house, and have a routine where the two of us can put it up quick and easy. Couldn't have lived without it the three winters we spent in our Uhaul. Our teardrop will fit inside it.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #59

W. Mass
Bob, do you want another? I'll give it to you if you want to drive to MA to get it.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:00 PM   #60

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
answer to life, the universe, and everything<<<<<<<<42!
You just didn't ask the right question!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #61

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post
Bob, do you want another? I'll give it to you if you want to drive to MA to get it.
How far into MA, we are a half hour from Pittsfield.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #62

W. Mass
Southwick, about an hour E of Pittsfield. 10 minutes or so S from exit 3 on the MA Pike.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #63

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I bought a 12v 'swamp cooler' about 4 years ago, to use when boondocking in hot weather, and still have not used it at all. Big regrets about buying it. Waste of money.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:59 AM   #64

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
This has been a fun thread to read. What I've found is there's a big difference in needs/wants between weekend campers, short vacation campers, couples vs solos, size of trailer and space for storage (look at the profile of the respondent), how responses are possibly tied to weather and bugs, and a myriad of other thoughts. Some work hard to pack and camp as simplistic as possible. I've gone the other way. Now on my second trailer that's quite a bit larger with lots more storage, I'm going to be as comfortable as possible. I've earned it, I deserve it and I can afford it. Life is short, don't drink champagne out of a paper cup!

In the end there are no right or wrong answers... and different strokes for different folks. Just enjoy every moment of the experience.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:01 AM   #65

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
ex VT, now CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
You just didn't ask the right question!
I was just testing to see if anybody here read the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". It is a great, fun to read, travel book - lots of interesting places out there!
Old 07-21-2017, 08:22 AM   #66

Name: OnTheRoadAgain
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
Quote:
I was just testing to see if anybody here read the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". It is a great, fun to read, travel book - lots of interesting places out there!
Yes, and we are dating ourselves Paul

| 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II | 2016 Toyota Tundra |
Oliver_Elite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:36 AM   #67

Tennessee
Thank you Miss Donna for the kind words and your sage advice.

What is it you need to be comfortable is so individual.

The older I get the further I am from the sleeping on the ground even without a tent or a sleeping bag.
Who was that person anyway?

Having an onboard toilet is a must for us. We have the ole people problems (me) the leaky ole woman when I sneeze etc. Sigh... then the meds... sheesh create emergencies!

The greatest luxury we have are two twin folding memory foam 6" worth side by side to make up the "king" compartment at one end of our trailer. On top the 4" cushions we are talking more comfortable than even our beds at home.

I have gotten used to the stinky slinky and this is weird but there is a certain amount of satisfaction seeing the brown liquid go to clear. Happy Camper is great stuff! We don't plop solids in ours including toilet paper.

Love your pic Miss Donna! Love to see how folks have individualized theirs and what they choose for comfort too.

We have thus far "nobly" not cluttered ours up too much but then we have only had ours since Feb. The stuff creeping will surely come if we aren't on alert. Ours is roomy enough if we keep the big items in the bed of our truck under camper top roof. I have learned how to stuff in the nook and crannies out of sight for most items.

Still at the end of a campout especially of a long duration it really takes imagination to put stuff in their place so we can start as much from scratch the next time on what comes out of the crannies at one time.

See yall on the road I pray. Have a wonderful camping season. Go somewhere new this summer.

We are going to the Florida Caverns - new to us - (pictures look really cool) very soon along with another destination we usually wind up.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #68

Tennessee
Question Question: What do you keep in your "junk" drawer?

The junk drawer really belongs to the DH mostly. Has an odd assortment of parts and pieces "just in case."

I have some commando strips waiting in the drawer just itching for pictures that need hanging. Still hunting some pics that will be to scale. This is the very first time we have hard sides to hang anything on.

Really need to take an inventory ha!

Old 07-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #69

Name: skalywag
Tennessee
Registry
Quote:
Yes! 6X7 is the answer
I do like Douglas Adams
Old 07-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #70

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalywag View Post
Yes! 6X7 is the answer
I do like Douglas Adams
More like the question!