Suddenly Solo - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
Glenda

Sorry to hear of your loss, but do hope you get among friends at Quartsite in Feb. Sorry I won't be there this year as I will be back at sea until April. You can continue as long as you want, there are many of us out there that are willing to help when you need some.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:05 AM   #22

Trailer: Pop-up
Registry
Wow, this & the Casita groups have blown me away witH all the support, offers, compassion, & suggestions. I've finally realized that Jeff KNEW his liver was failing, that he was dying, & was beyond any cure or fix, that his liver was the source of multiple physical pains & malfunctions. He knew medical attention couldn't help & he would have preferred to just die in the Casita. So glad he didn't or I probably couldn't return to it. He reminds me of cats who instinctively hide illness & injury & prefer to go hide & die alone. He wanted to keep me from freaking out & getting him help sooner. I miss talking to him, but this summer has not been fun; boring, solumn, frustrating. He started withdrawing from me last winter, preparing me to be without him maybe, or just too consumed with pain.

I'm going to continue traveling full time simply because I don’t see any viable option. I don't want the physical responsibility of property or even the financial drain of an apt if I still travel. Mostly I want the freedom to chase the weather where I can be comfortable outside & change the scenery when I get bored. The Casita gives me all the security I need along with the freedom. And with cell fons & internet, it's almost hard to really be alone. Jeff weaned me well as I was already doing much more of the outside stuff than before. I'm sure I have some bad times ahead as this all soaks in, but I'm OK letting my friends give me a hand (or ear). Thank you all again. Hope you don't get burned out by my current drama & whinning.
GlendaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #23

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Glenda---we won't tire of supporting you. This is a family. You are part of the family.

The advice you received from Bob and Donna are especially significant. You might find yourself re-reading those two posts and smiling each time...at least, I hope you will.

Many hugs,
theresa
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:51 AM   #24

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Wow Glenda, I am both very sorry for your loss, and in awe of your strength. There is little that I can offer in terms of advice, but I will gladly hear your story. I wish you only the best. Thank you for including us.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #25

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
So sorry for your loss Glenda. I really enjoy reading your blog and your cyber friends are certainly here for you at this difficult time.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote