Summer camping vs. Summer Camps - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Summer camping vs. Summer Camps

Summer is fast approaching, and that means no school and by extension I have to find summer camps for the kid. As my daughter has gotten older (10, soon to be 11) there seem to be more options for fun, educational and interesting camps but they all cost Daddy money. Most day camps run at least $175 a week (5 days) and I still have to pack her a lunch. Interestingly, we can spend 4 nights (5 days total with travel) in State Campgrounds for around $110-$120. So $175 minus campground fees still leaves me $55-$65 to go toward gas in the TV. Let’s see here; I can spend a week at work earning the money to send the kid to a camp (I also have to drive her to and from the camp each day). Or, I tell the boss I "have" to take the week off (I have the leave time) because of the kid, and we (the daughter and I, not the boss and I) go camping for about the same money. This seems like a no-brainer, easy enough even for me to figure out.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
And then there's the memories that last a lifetime...... Would you remember working that week?
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
yep.. some of my favorite childhood memories (and important lessons about the earth) were from camping with my Dad. Thats were I got the bug.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #4

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Go camping with the kids,if you have the time off you can take from work,it is just a no brainier!

Being from the older set..even I remember all of my camp outs with my family,we tried very hard to give our kids some of those good memories and are also working hard to help them give our grand kids those fun times to remember going with their folks and with us.

Happy camping
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Raaz, as I started reading this post I had an answer about starting camping with my kids 30 years ago.
I'm not going to say it because your statement says it all.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote