The highlights included:
* making it there and back under my own power,
* the freezer keeping my ice cream cold,
* and the luxury of being able to take a shower without having to turn off the shower while soaping up to conserve water.
* Temps reached 109 but the penguin air conditioner kept my lance at a very cool 75 degrees. I actually had to turn the thermostat up as even under my light blanket, I was chilly. Gotta love that.
* The generator (onan) did give me a bit of trouble, shutting down during the hottest part of the day when the AC kicked on. I re-started, gave the fan a few seconds to get spinning before I switched the AC on, and she stayed running. That happened twice.
The truck was flawless, other than [b]7.3 mpg.
The Casita travel trailer was nice. It was light and aerodynamic, had all the conveniences other than a generator, and got the job done. It just doesn't have the build quality, amenities, or luxuries of the lance though.
For lack of a monster size water tank, an on-board generator
, a big honking AC, and a wood interior.