Tarp for Shade? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #15

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I know Jen, isn't great to have options and make individual decisions. I don't like the non-E-Z up either, but take it when camping in a pasture. Fortunately, I usually camp where there are plenty of trees so it's typically not a problem. But, when it is, I want something I can move around like from one side of the trailer to the other... depending on where the sun is in the sky.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #16

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
Yes Donna I see your point about the trailer--I guess--although Melissa was thinking of shade over a picnic table. Nice thing about these high quality tarps (I have silnylon and urethane coated, the former are more expensive and softer/stronger) is that they serve many purposes. An a-line over a hammock. A lean to. A tablecloth. Whatever you want. I recently tried two kelty poles with bungee cords and a 4 by 6 urethane coated tarp--I just sort of pitched it vertically and slanted at the end of the picnic table. A few times I had to move the table a few inches but basically I had shade for working all day. Then I fold it up, small! Wee! I just don't know how to clean those paha que screen shelters etc that attach to small RV's. They look great in some ways, but a hassle in others. And the walmart canopies with screen or cloth sides or both, that are so popular, are really big and bulky when folded up.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #17

Oregon
Choices, choices, choices. Aren't we glad. If there was one perfect solution for everyone there would be only one kind/type/size/price/usability available.

Just like molded trailers... love the one you're with!

Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #18

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
Sheesh, I'm so used to Facebook I wanted to click "like" on your post but there's no like button. I agree. Something for everybody. Like the thread on potties--some love toilets, some hate blackwater toilets, some love porta potties, others hate them some love showers some think the showers have too weak a flow and are too narrow etc etc
Old 03-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #19

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Great ideas, thanks! I had no idea you could buy tent poles seperately. I've never had one break so didnt think about after market replacements.

All of us (3 campsites) that are going already have those blue tarps. At this point this is just a one time deal so we dont want to spend a lot for the setup. Good hints though in case a grommet tears out!

Water bottles over tree branches, another excellent idea since we cant tie around the trees. Last time we camped here was about 5 yrs ago and they are now under new management so I'll verify tarps are still allowed.

Oh wow! That Pahaque is sweet! Going on my Christmas list, lol. It sounds like me and my teen daughter could put it up by ourselves.

Thanks again e'one! Looking forward to Spring Break, just one more week to survive, lol.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #20

Oregon
Best of luck Melissa, I'm certain you'll find a workable solution. You'll be sure to post pictures of your Spring Break campout won't you