Technomadia discusses solar power - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Technomadia discusses solar power

The technomadia folks posted a long article on solar power, with an extensive comparison of rigid vs. flexible panels. Very informative. See it here.
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Thank you for the link. Chris and Cheri (Technomadia) are some of the smartest, most sincere and thoughtful (and fun!) young people I've met in a long time. I wish I had the time to follow their blog on a more regular basis.
Our pv installation on our Oliver is patterned after their 2008 installation on their Oliver, though ours is a sidemount. We followed their careful, and thoughtful, research when selecting our components, and have been very happy with the results for the last 6 years with our pv system on our trailer. We rarely camp with power, and rarely need to connect the gen set.
I'm very happy for them that they can enjoy life on the road at an early age. I hope our paths will cross again one of these days. It's been too long.
When we selected our grid-tied pv system for our land home last year, we also eliminated the flexible panels from the choices available.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
A very interesting read. If you are thinking of owning flexible solar panels you should read about their experiences. FYI, flexible panels are a relatively new style of panel that is not rigid, it can literally be rolled up for portability. Used on a roof these panels mount directly to the roof surface and do not require the metal mounting system of a rigid panel.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Sherry. I would like to know more about your grid tied PV system for your home. Are you pleased with the savings price ratio?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Tags
solar, solar power