Tell us about Florida - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #21

Name: Jo
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Texas
Registry
Wow, Noreen, what a trip! We have had various bikes over the years..beginning when I was 14 and the old guy was 15. That was a Mustang and I had to hold out my legs, because there were no pegs, etc. I still have the faint scar, from burning my leg on the exhaust. Through nearly 50 more years, we have had moto-cross bikes, dirt bikes, street bikes, four wheelers and a Kawasaki Mule. Our last street ride was big beautiful Honda. We rode it down the mountain, from Ouray, Co., in a sleet storm and I proclaimed my retirement from street bike passenger. Since we have the little "egg" now, and we sold the Mule, we are thinking older Jeep, that we can just leave at the cabin in Co. I think that if you are a camping, off the main road type, it never really gets out of your blood. Nothing exciting about an ole' motel, but ah-h-h, you never forget sitting by the fire, with your morning coffee, nestled between beautiful Colorado mountains. JO
Jo R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #22

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I lived in four places in Florida when I was a kid: Bradenton, Starke, Kissimmee, and Miami in the space of 2 years...1945-1947. Naturally nobody had ac then. Our shoes would mildew overnight. Too much heat & humidity. My wife & I went there in the winter of 2000. The entire time away from home including travelling both ways was TWO WEEKS. That's how much we didn't like it. Vowed never to return. Every other winter since 1995 has been spent in Arizona.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #23

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Florida RV Show

Sherry and Paul

We've been to the FL RV show; it's just short of overwhelming. We enjoyed it but I understand you know have to prove you can do that much walking. We were beginners at the time and learned a lot.

RGRugg,

We love Florida and love Airzona as well. Every state has it's wonders. I'm certain I could live in everyone of them and find new things to do regularly.

Now that we're in central FL we'll being going to the FL Flywheelers to see their winter display. The FL Flywheeler shows are just as amazing as the FL RV show with over 13 miles of booths. It's more than a one day event and camping with water and electric is available. If you're in FL and like stepping back a little it's well worth the trip.

Safe travels and we'll be in AZ soon enough finding the good mexican restuarants.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #24

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Sherry and Paul

We've been to the FL RV show; it's just short of overwhelming. We enjoyed it but I understand you know have to prove you can do that much walking. We were beginners at the time and learned a lot.

That's where the dry camping and the two day pass is great. Split the grounds, take your time, and enjoy the exhibits and sunshine.

Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote