Temperature is relative. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-04-2016, 07:43 AM   #15

Name: Diane
Trailer: still shopping
Delaware
Snow towing

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question so I will do so but if I need to start a new thread, please forgive me! I hate the hot weather. There...I've said it. Hate the bugs. I will probably do much of my camping in the off-season. Should I be out in the wilds of the northeast and encounter snow, what should I do? Seems towing in light snow could be problematic, right? Advice anyone? My two favorite trailers, at this time, are the Lil Snoozy and the Oliver. I know... apples to oranges, but both have their plusses and minuses. Plus a stinker of a price difference!

Old 06-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #16

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
The fatter I get, the less I enjoy the heat.
Ice cream cools me off, but adds to the problem later.
Go figure.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:57 AM   #17

Delaware
Yes, Kathleen...love the ice cream thoughts. AND....it's difficult to take 20 showers a day in a trailer!
Old 06-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
For all the peeps struggling in the heat and think ice cream is the solution... think again. When it's hot, it is HOT
Attached Thumbnails
MeltedIceCreamTruck.jpg  
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #19

Delaware
Ha, ha, ha....best one I've seen. Thanks for sharing, Donna
Old 06-04-2016, 08:20 AM   #20

Washington
Registry
Old 06-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #21

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question so I will do so but if I need to start a new thread, please forgive me! I hate the hot weather. There...I've said it. Hate the bugs. I will probably do much of my camping in the off-season. Should I be out in the wilds of the northeast and encounter snow, what should I do? Seems towing in light snow could be problematic, right? Advice anyone? My two favorite trailers, at this time, are the Lil Snoozy and the Oliver. I know... apples to oranges, but both have their plusses and minuses. Plus a stinker of a price difference!
Watch out for the snow fleas !! . We towed our trailer from Southern Illinois to central Wisconsin in a snow storm that dumped over a foot of snow . We encountered no major problems plus there was little traffic to contend with. We did have to slow down due to road conditions. We travel with a snow shovel during snow season . Had to shovel out our campsite on several occasions. We have snow cover 6 months out of a year and life goes on as usual.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #22

Washington
Registry
Bernese,

Speaking of BUGS, we found a nice magnetic closure screen door (they come in black, white, and I'm not sure what other colors) for about $8 (free shipping) on e-bay. We ordered two and will install one on the trailer door soon. Hope it works, but regardless, it'll work better than nothing with the door propped open.

eBay: magnetic screen white (sort by: price with shipping, lowest to highest)

(We don't have A/C. We do have a Fan-Tastic Vent fan, which moves the air pretty well. You can feel it swirling past, and it works better with things wide open.)

It's designed for house doors, so I'll have to take up the hems a bit.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #23

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
I am not sure I would have much to talk about if I didn't live here in Ontario!
It seems like every conversation I have these days is centred around the weather. We have had a really warm and dry spring. Unusually warm in April too. I honestly prefer temps in the 20s (70ishF).
I enjoy the warm summer days much more than the cold winter ones though (especially as I get older). Although, this past week we have had a couple of days in the 80s already and that just seems to drain the energy out of me. It might be easier if my workplace was air-conditioned but we only seem to care about heating the building (ironically, they just shut the boiler off in May).
Heat in the summer is a big reason why we travel too. I love spending the summers in the Maritime provinces - the weather is almost always perfect. I love Newfoundland too, never too hot to go for a hike. The last two times I have been out there I have still found snow in July! (Usually in L'Anse aux Meadows).
But like I said, at least we always have something to talk about, or whine or speculate....
Old 06-04-2016, 08:52 AM   #24

Delaware
Snow fleas! WHAAAAT? I've lived in the northeast as far north as Maine but never heard of snow fleas. Guess I'm not safe anywhere!
Old 06-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #25

Delaware
Thanks, Kathleen. The two trailers I've chosen as my favorites have screens on the doors. Doesn't really help if I'm in and out all day with the dogs. Bound to let some nasty bugs in to camp with us.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:59 AM   #26

Delaware
So true. Anyone spending time outdoors, whether hiking, beaching or camping, is fixated on weather conditions. I have big furry dogs so am hyper vigilant about ticks, fleas and anything that makes them or me uncomfortable. I just moved to Delaware last year and there's a new bug for me to worry about...Chiggers. We all had nasty bites from these stinkers last summer. What the heck???? OK, so maybe I need to consider myself a "glamper". Perish the thought!
Old 06-04-2016, 10:55 PM   #27

Delaware
Thanks, Steve. Did you use different tires on the trailer for snow conditions? I have a 4WD SUV that performs admirably in the snow but not sure how a trailer would. I guess I'll just take the plunge and buy one! Each of my favorites takes about 5-6 months to build so I'll pick up in dead of winter. OR---camp out at one of the factory parking lots for the winter!!!
Old 06-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #28

Delaware
OK, Jay...count me in. Hopefully, next summer Newfoundland! Always wanted to visit.