Thank you - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-25-2003, 11:17 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thank you

Just want to thank Ray Horner who a bit ago had posted a e-bay Scamp ad. Turned out to be a failed sale and I ended up contacting the owner, agreed upon a price and I did a 1,000 mile round trip from Salem, OR to Boise, ID and back.

After three days of detailing and getting things to my satisifaction my '82 Scamp is ready to go on it's first fly fishing trip. This is my 5th trailer of some sort in three years, with everything from a tent trailer, two OLD 60's travel trailers, and a '97 17 foot travel trailer that will go up for sale next weekend.

It truely is the trailer that I had been looking for for the past three years, and even the spousal unit said she was pleasantly suprised. I had one neighbor stop and ask about the trailer and he and his wife are now looking for one, so drop me a note if you know of a 13 footer for sale in the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks to Ray Horner and this great website. I know I'll take advantage of everyone's expertise.

Michael R

Old 05-26-2003, 12:16 AM   #2

Hello, Michael. :wave Welcome to the Molded Fiberglass RV Travel Trailer Owners Group.

And congratulations on your acquisition. It sounds like a lucky find, all right.

We look forward to your participation on the board. Feel free to ask questions and to share your own experiences with us!

:sunny

Old 05-26-2003, 02:02 AM   #3

Your welcome!

Quote:
Orginally posted by Michael R

* * * * * * Just want to thank Ray Horner who a bit ago had posted a e-bay Scamp ad. *Turned out to be a failed sale and I ended up contacting the owner, agreed upon a price and I did a 1,000 mile round trip from Salem, OR to Boise, ID and back.

After three days of detailing and getting things to my satisifaction my '82 Scamp is ready to go on it's first fly fishing trip. *This is my 5th trailer of some sort in three years, with everything from a tent trailer, two OLD 60's travel trailers, and a '97 17 foot travel trailer that will go up for sale next weekend. *

It truely is the trailer that I had been looking for for the past three years, and even the spousal unit said she was pleasantly suprised. *I had one neighbor stop and ask about the trailer and he and his wife are now looking for one, so drop me a note if you know of a 13 footer for sale in the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks to Ray Horner and this great website. *I know I'll take advantage of everyone's expertise.

Michael R
Michael: enoy your camper!

This is one of the many ways to acquire a fiberglass camper. A trailer may have a winning bidder, bidder may back out. Or an auction may not sell due to the reserve not being met. Relisting fees are costly, especially for high dollar items. Whatever the circumstances, you can always follow up on an auction to find out if the trailer actually sold, if not then negoiate with the seller.
This is a tip for those ads in the RV trader. Even though the ad may expire. If you copy and save the contact information, you can find out if the trailer has actually sold or not. Sometimes these campers just do not sell when an ad runs for just one week. Or sometimes, you may get an answering machine, if you are serious about buying follow up on calling the seller back several times or more. At different times of the day. I know several current fiberglass camper owners that found thier campers from negoiating outside of E-bay, or calling upon expired RV Trader ads. The other is networking of friends who will help you out. And as Deb told me today, why don't we go this way, you never know what you may find! And you know what, we spotted a potential tow vehicle up for auction in a little "SNEEZE-AND-YOU-MISS-IT" towns. But the biggest thrill, I found another U-Haul Camper, and will go back to find out if it is for sale or not.

- Ray Horner
Old 05-26-2003, 11:06 AM   #4

Michael, I don't know if your neighbors are interested in a 16' Scamp or not AND I don't know whether this trailer has sold or not. But I saw this trailer in Washington (on the Sound above Tacoma) about a month ago. It was in GREAT shape.

16 foot Scamp for Sale in Washington
1993 16 foot Scamp. Excellent condition. $7,000 OBO Silverdale, WA (360) 613-5034

Nancy
Old 05-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #5

This is so great. all these new MFRTTO'ers I am sooo gald you found us, Michael. :) I'd love to hear all about your camping adventures. Where, when, who.