Thank You ...N&G - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-31-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
Thank You ...N&G

Just returned from the coast of Maine...fantastic trip...lived on Lobster for almost two weeks and now that I am back I still want lobster.

The first campground I stayed at when we arrived on the coast of Maine was the result of a recommendation that came from Norm & Ginny. This spot on the rocky coast of Maine was a dream come true! Excellent sites...fantastic owner who not only walked you to your site but delivered our first night's dinner...two fresh cooked lobsters complete with utensils and at what was below market prices I'd seen around the area! is good when you know where to stay!
Like they say....Maine...the way life should be!....and I will add.....MAINE...It's ALL about the LOBSTERS !!!!

If you find yourself in need of a quiet, well maintained campground on the coast of Maine head up to Sunset Point Campground. Most of the campers were adults and that insured the peace and quiet. It is on Marshville Road in Harrington, Maine just a mile or so off US Highway 1 (the scenic coastal route)......
and don't forget to order up a few LOBSTERS for dinner when you arrive!

Thanks again Norm and Ginny...great find!

MEMO: There is another campground with the same name in Lubec, Maine also on the ocean but not in the same class as this one...sites are packed in tight and lacks the charm that the one in Harrington, Maine has.
I checked it out on the way to Campobello Island off the coast of LUBEC, Maine.
Campobello Island is an easy trip via the bridge at sure to bring your passport as this gem is part of New Brunswick, Canada and home to President FDR's summer cottage...the cottage and park is maintained by both the Canadian and U.S. Parks departments....admission is free and worth the visit.

Happy Camping!

Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Patrick, Thanks. We'll be there shortly. Two years ago the owner did not open as early as usual so he suggested another small campground up the road a piece. It was also very nice.

We have another place we stay where food is available. We frequently go to the Chiricachua Mts near Wilcox, AZ. Nearby Wilcox we stay in a not too fancy campground, in the morning the owner provides waffles and coffee.

Also nearby in Rodeo, NM there is a marvelous campground, honestly 4 Scamps could park in the site and not be crowded. It's a marvelous place with true dark skies. Once a week there's a friendly family meal there.

The nearby Chiricahua Mts are really a wonderful, alone place, particularly in fall and winter where you can camp alone at Federal park rates.

Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
Name: Walter
Trailer: 2002 BigFoot 17'
SW Virginia
Wow, I was just up there a few weeks ago on the way to the Vintage Fiberglass rally in NB. Sounds like I missed out on a super nice place to stay.
I did stay at the Bar Harbor Campground and was very pleased. A very large campground with nice, wooded sites, close to the entrance to Acadia Nat'l Park.
Interestingly they do not take reservations, but are seldom if ever filled.

WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote