Thank You So Much "Norm" Thread - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Paula & I have had the pleasure of meeting Norm & Ginny because they went out of their way to visit us, just because I invited them. I have found them interesting, and admired them through their postings, and just felt compelled to meet them. Thanks Norm & Ginny for being a cherished member of the FGRV forum family.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:50 AM   #22
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Wayne,

Time, one part of life that runs out.

We had hoped to make it out your way this summer but selling the house is winning out.

Thanks for the kind thought.
So true about time Norm but as you can see here....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pskmiyyupa.jpg

we are winding down our reno's. This is the kitchen right now and it needs my time. The bh agrees... LOL

Anyway hope your property sale goes well and we will hope for a meet in the future.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:23 AM   #23

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Thanks

Wayne..
A wow on the kitchen project. I've done two kitchens in my life, fortunately no more.

Dave and Paula,
You are well worth going out of your way to meet. Dave and Paula are two special people and showed us around the area, gave us insight into a number of clever trailer mods, many of which we've incorporated into our Scamp. We have loved meeting members of the forum. We all have much in common.

Kathy,
One of the best parts of our RV experience has been the opportunity to focus in on the important, definitely it's each other and our travels. We don't drink much but are intoxicated with each other and life. Just two 72 year old kids having fun, I suggest it for everyone.

Bob,
We love the camping experience because of what it permits as much as the camping.

To everyone who's posted thanks for all the kind words.

My goal in posting is to describe how much fun we have had, how the experience has taught us more about living, and what's possible in the small space of our trailer.

I have a short recording of my grand niece expressing her joy over receiving a set of books, I listen to it about every other day. Her clear, free expression of joy is what I seek, it's what is possible, Once you know something is possible you can achieve it. It's like finding agates, or sea glass on a beach, once you see one, you can see them all.

In some measure, the separation from the everyday while on the road, is the opportunity to consider life from a new perspective, to possibly make changes, to become a little bolder, a little warmer, to seek 'more real' ground.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #24

Name: Jim
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Minnesota
I have been reading this Norm's posts for a couple years, like many I have learned much from the "MASTER" and continue to learn. Norm and Ginny thank you for your wisdom and experiences, I have beeb able to learn without all the mistakes. Again thank you.

"Norm and Ginny" for president!
minnfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #25

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Norm!

Old 06-27-2015, 06:16 AM   #26

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Lily and I 2nd, 3rd and 4th all the previous comments.

Norm is a tremendous asset to this forum.

Happy traveling you two.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:26 AM   #27

Name: Eric and Sharon
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Registry
Norm and Ginny....I would love to sit around a campfire and pick your brain on full time RVing.Thanks for all the posts that schooled me on the many aspects of F.G. Egg camping. I'm only 61 years young and dream of full time RV .Thanks you all are an inspiration.
Eric Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #28

Name: Eric and Sharon
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Registry
Let me know when your book is out.
Eric Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #29
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
Let me know when your book is out.
Hey Eric... what a good idea! How about that Norm? A book on the adventures of full timing with a Glass Egg.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #30

Florida
The Book

Eric and Wayne,

Thank you for thinking I could write a book, Over the years a number of friends have suggested it and one of our best friends was a very successful editor with over 400 books to her credit. I once helped her with one. Writing is work.

As I age I find myself focusing more on my favorite things, maybe when I can no longer travel.

Before we began RVing I bought every book I could find on the subject of full time RVing including all those written by the founders of Escapees. Many had great little nuggets but nothing too great. I was not working for about 6 months before we took off so I sat home with the Internet and printed out all kinds of stuff (hoping Ginny would read them). The bottom line is I never found one really great book.

I think if I were to write a book, I would choose Newfoundland as my first choice. It deserves a good travel book.

I will say over the years I have started a number of books on a variety of topics, as probably many people have. I guess one needs to develop a passion.

Thanks for the thought.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 06-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #31

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Eric and Wayne,

Thank you for thinking I could write a book, Over the years a number of friends have suggested it and one of our best friends was a very successful editor with over 400 books to her credit. I once helped her with one. Writing is work.

As I age I find myself focusing more on my favorite things, maybe when I can no longer travel.

Before we began RVing I bought every book I could find on the subject of full time RVing including all those written by the founders of Escapees. Many had great little nuggets but nothing too great. I was not working for about 6 months before we took off so I sat home with the Internet and printed out all kinds of stuff (hoping Ginny would read them). The bottom line is I never found one really great book.

I think if I were to write a book, I would choose Newfoundland as my first choice. It deserves a good travel book.

I will say over the years I have started a number of books on a variety of topics, as probably many people have. I guess one needs to develop a passion.

Thanks for the thought.
So I read that and my question is, did Ginny ever actually read any of the stuff you printed out? Or did she just embark on another adventure trusting and loving you and figuring that as long as you two were together it would all work out?
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:06 PM   #32

Florida
Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
So I read that and my question is, did Ginny ever actually read any of the stuff you printed out? Or did she just embark on another adventure trusting and loving you and figuring that as long as you two were together it would all work out?
Ginny did not read a lot of the 1,000s of pages I printed. She's a relatively slow but thorough reader. A former grammar school classmate of Ginny's says it's catholic school disease, all their schoolmates read slow. I definitely know she reads differently than I. I see the page she sees it a word at a time. It's the same with looking at landscapes. I see it all, she sees segments. All interesting to me.

She did read a few of the books on fulltiming,

This is our 58th year since meeting as silly sophomores in high school. She generally believes I can resolve any issue though she gets a twinge whenever we head down a dirt road to no where. She's always proud when I get her to risk herself but is usually risk adverse.

She does believe an engineer along on a trip is handy and that I can resolve most problems. Of course nothing is more important than us being together. Ginny told me today that a group is coming to visit us in FL this December and we'll have to sleep on the twin bed on our porch.. pretty exciting for two old people.

FL is a pleasant thought today, with a high in the 50s, the heat on and really strong winds.... we actually lost power for a couple of hours.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 07-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #33

Name: Raj
Trailer: Escape Trailer - SOLD
Florida
Our heart felt thanks to Norm & Ginny.

Apart from learning a lot from Norm's posts, we had a very cordial & informative visit with Norm & Ginny in Central Florida, where we toured his Scamp Trailer.

They gave good advice for me & DW, both newcomers to Rving. They are a good example of people helping people.

Thank You Norm & Ginny, we wish you continued happy travels.
disneydoc is offline   Reply With Quote