Old 06-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #29
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
Let me know when your book is out.
Hey Eric... what a good idea! How about that Norm? A book on the adventures of full timing with a Glass Egg.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #30

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
The Book

Eric and Wayne,

Thank you for thinking I could write a book, Over the years a number of friends have suggested it and one of our best friends was a very successful editor with over 400 books to her credit. I once helped her with one. Writing is work.

As I age I find myself focusing more on my favorite things, maybe when I can no longer travel.

Before we began RVing I bought every book I could find on the subject of full time RVing including all those written by the founders of Escapees. Many had great little nuggets but nothing too great. I was not working for about 6 months before we took off so I sat home with the Internet and printed out all kinds of stuff (hoping Ginny would read them). The bottom line is I never found one really great book.

I think if I were to write a book, I would choose Newfoundland as my first choice. It deserves a good travel book.

I will say over the years I have started a number of books on a variety of topics, as probably many people have. I guess one needs to develop a passion.

Thanks for the thought.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #31

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Eric and Wayne,

Thank you for thinking I could write a book, Over the years a number of friends have suggested it and one of our best friends was a very successful editor with over 400 books to her credit. I once helped her with one. Writing is work.

As I age I find myself focusing more on my favorite things, maybe when I can no longer travel.

Before we began RVing I bought every book I could find on the subject of full time RVing including all those written by the founders of Escapees. Many had great little nuggets but nothing too great. I was not working for about 6 months before we took off so I sat home with the Internet and printed out all kinds of stuff (hoping Ginny would read them). The bottom line is I never found one really great book.

I think if I were to write a book, I would choose Newfoundland as my first choice. It deserves a good travel book.

I will say over the years I have started a number of books on a variety of topics, as probably many people have. I guess one needs to develop a passion.

Thanks for the thought.
So I read that and my question is, did Ginny ever actually read any of the stuff you printed out? Or did she just embark on another adventure trusting and loving you and figuring that as long as you two were together it would all work out?
Old 06-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #32

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
So I read that and my question is, did Ginny ever actually read any of the stuff you printed out? Or did she just embark on another adventure trusting and loving you and figuring that as long as you two were together it would all work out?
Ginny did not read a lot of the 1,000s of pages I printed. She's a relatively slow but thorough reader. A former grammar school classmate of Ginny's says it's catholic school disease, all their schoolmates read slow. I definitely know she reads differently than I. I see the page she sees it a word at a time. It's the same with looking at landscapes. I see it all, she sees segments. All interesting to me.

She did read a few of the books on fulltiming,

This is our 58th year since meeting as silly sophomores in high school. She generally believes I can resolve any issue though she gets a twinge whenever we head down a dirt road to no where. She's always proud when I get her to risk herself but is usually risk adverse.

She does believe an engineer along on a trip is handy and that I can resolve most problems. Of course nothing is more important than us being together. Ginny told me today that a group is coming to visit us in FL this December and we'll have to sleep on the twin bed on our porch.. pretty exciting for two old people.

FL is a pleasant thought today, with a high in the 50s, the heat on and really strong winds.... we actually lost power for a couple of hours.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #33

Name: Raj
Trailer: Waiting for Escape 17B due soon
Florida
Our heart felt thanks to Norm & Ginny.

Apart from learning a lot from Norm's posts, we had a very cordial & informative visit with Norm & Ginny in Central Florida, where we toured his Scamp Trailer.

They gave good advice for me & DW, both newcomers to Rving. They are a good example of people helping people.

Thank You Norm & Ginny, we wish you continued happy travels.