Thank You So Much "Norm" Thread - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2015, 05:47 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thank You So Much "Norm" Thread

I have said it in a pm to "Norm" but I wanted to put it here to share with others and allow them input.

I have been in the forum for a few years, sometimes more in than other times depending on "life". "Norm" is such valuable member of this website. He has shared tons and tons of well-thought out posts with us over the years. I am always eager to read anything he has posted.

I know how much time and effort it takes to post a well put together post and the mental effort to organize it in one's head before putting it in writing.

"Norm" has been such an inspiration for me and I am sure others. His detailed information from travel tips to organizing your trailer are something that cannot be had anywhere else. Lots of people are selfish with their ideas and help wanting to keep it to themselves on how they succeed but "Norm" wants to share so that others can succeed as he and "Ginny" have.

Gosh, I would love to meet them some day. I am guessing that "Ginny" is the good woman behind the good man in this case. She looks so sweet and kind in her photo.

So, thank you "Norm". Many more years of travel ahead to you and "Ginny".
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:12 AM   #2

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
AMEN GOD BLESS
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 24 ft 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser
Cathy P they are often why,i come to this forum,,to see what they are up to and learn from there travels that they share?? Norm & Ginny are the best,
Ron
Ron Humerickhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #4

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
I'm very new here, but I already feel very much the same way
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:42 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Norm always sets an example of good behavior and niceness.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
I sincerely hope that my start of a thread about travelling with pets that quoted Norm and Ginny was not seen as insult to them. I never meant it to be. I have high regard for their comments and advice as shared on this site and enjoy the stories of their time spent in various places. They are always helpful and considerate.

I am truly sorry if I have hurt feelings in using the quote to start a thread. I have enjoyed the stories on the thread (both sides of the issue) and hope others have too. Guess I thought that quoting an esteemed "pro" would be an advantage. Maybe not so much.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Oops

Bob,

It was nice of you to post. I have absolutely no memory of an insult and I am sorry if I responded to something harshly or in a cryptic fashion. Ginny and other good friends have let me know that I am sometimes short in my responses, mostly on the internet where I can't see anyone's face, and get no immediate feedback.

When I was a moderator I would read every post but no longer do that, restricting myself to a smaller field of posts. I really should try to read responses to what I write .

Ginny is never at fault, she sometimes reads but rarely writes and is certainly more thoughtful than I.

We have nothing against pets, having had a number. With our travel style we feel it wouldn't work for us or a pet.

Wishing you well Bob

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
I sincerely hope that my start of a thread about travelling with pets that quoted Norm and Ginny was not seen as insult to them. I never meant it to be. I have high regard for their comments and advice as shared on this site and enjoy the stories of their time spent in various places. They are always helpful and considerate.

I am truly sorry if I have hurt feelings in using the quote to start a thread. I have enjoyed the stories on the thread (both sides of the issue) and hope others have too. Guess I thought that quoting an esteemed "pro" would be an advantage. Maybe not so much.
Oh, no, this isn't why I started the thread. I had been reading all the detailed info that "Norm" was giving in the Full-timing area of the forum. All too often, I don't think we show the appreciation that we have for those people that put forth superior effort. The feeling I get is that Norm is one of those people that doesn't need "thanks" but, by golly, I thought he should be publicly thanked here.

I try to go out of my way in general to thank those that do go above and beyond but I also go out of my way to point out when someone is being a horse's behind but don't do that publicly. Well, I try not to, sort of but it does depend on the situation.

Not a lot people would go to the effort that Norm does with his posts. I know once I was studying carefully what clothing they were taking to see how my needs would match up. It basically sets up a template that you use to tweak to individual circumstances.

Know that there are others here whose contributions are so valuable to this community also but I have been following Norm faithfully for some time because of a desire for long term travel.

And, the "pet and travel" thing? Sadly, many people should not be traveling with pets and we have been out there enough to see it, hear it, step in it......... That is a good thread though that was started to help others understand why we travel with pets, the ups and downs, and maybe let that irresponsible owner reading know they need to get their act together!

Isn't this the benefit here, sharing thoughts, experiences and opinions?
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by emij View Post
I'm very new here, but I already feel very much the same way
Ditto for me. I appreciate the willingness to share knowledge and experiences. It raises the comfort level and confidence in what I'm about to jump in to!!
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:09 AM   #10

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
I am guessing that "Ginny" is the good woman behind the good man in this case. She looks so sweet and kind in her photo.
Now you know his "secret", a good partner keeping him on track.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #11

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I don't post much on the threads that Norm starts. This is mainly because Norm's posts don't seem to need any additions. Thank you Norm and Ginny you are a big part of the soul of FiberglassRV.com
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #12

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Let me express my feelings towards

Norm and his better half this way, if they were running for President and vice President, they would have my vote!
Have a wonderful day EVERYONE!
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #13

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Thank you Norm and Ginny for all the great and informative posts. My wife and I really enjoy readying you posts.
We enjoyed your newsletter and reading about your travels around the U.S. I'll be retiring in 2 years and hope to someday follow your footsteps in both marriage and travels.
Marky

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:07 PM   #14

Florida
Benefit of on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyVasquez View Post
I'll be retiring in 2 years and hope to someday follow your footsteps in both marriage and travels.
Marky
Thank you Marky.

Sincerely hope the road rewards you and your wife. It is a marvelous opportunity to share time together in the environments of your choice.

Safe travels, your time is coming.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 06-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #15

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
I also enjoy all the posts by Norm. Hope our paths cross in our travels.
Anita
"Soon to be 'Tiny Living in Retirement' LOL "
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #16
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Norm is the man!!

If we ever get the time to get our rig back on the road again the credit will mostly go to Norm for his inspirational travel logs.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #17

Florida
Ginny and I are heading down to the beach to see the Wednesday night fireworks, the same as some 50+ year ago,,,,,,

Life is good particularly nice to have Internet friends.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 06-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #18

Florida
The Time Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
Norm is the man!!
If we ever get the time to get our rig back on the road again the credit will mostly go to Norm for his inspirational travel logs.
Wayne,

Time, one part of life that runs out.

We had hoped to make it out your way this summer but selling the house is winning out.

Thanks for the kind thought.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #19

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
Thanks to Norm, Ginny and Cathy for a generous spirit. Enjoy the camping experience.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #20

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Would like to add my thanks to Norm too. Norm, you are not only full of good information and helpful advice, but you've also been an inspiration to me to remember what's truly important in life and to not let the accumulation of "stuff" get in the way of having a good and meaningful life.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote