The Big One - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1984
Well! The Wife and I drove the hour and a half, down the highway, to the Rv show yesterday.[Or call it stickbuilt heaven.] Other than T@ADA and TAB and one lonely little Trillium there was very little in the way of fiberglass trailers. Wife did like a $110,000 motorhome over the $300,000 model but No place to park it. No place to store it. No want to use it. Still nice to look at. Went to the Airstream display. The dealer had over 30 trailers there. Found that if I wanted to upgrade the Boler I would have to go to a 25 ft model before I found one with a bed any larger than the 3/4 size one that we have now. Although the 25 footer did look real good and the wife thought she could camp in it with no problem. These were easily the best units at the show and they stood out from the rest with their polished aluminum and well done interiors even if the price is way up there.[over 50 big ones for a 25 footer]

One reason for going was to have a look at the new Trillium, and it was real easy to find. Right at the end of the main central corridor through the buildings. It sparkled like a little gem amoungst the painted aluminum things. The windows seem larger making it brighter inside but in place of the overhead end cabinets it had little corner cupboards hardly bigger thad a small stereo speaker. Although if you want bigger windows I guess that you have to sacrifice something. Overall impression was that it didn't seem to have as much storage. Couldn't find a brochure or any other information.

We did buy a set of wheel chocks and got a lot of information for parts and suppliers for upgrading our little rig but we came away with the feeling that new and bigger isn't really a whole lot better. Our little fiberglass would still match or better most of the trailers that were even twice it's size. It was a fun experience but upgrading from a 13 Boler to a 16 0r 17 footer Fiberglass seems to be a better way to go.
Jim
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
It is amazing how much more space our 16' seems to have over our 13', even though I get lazy in the bigger trailer and rarely take the bed apart. In the smaller Burro, I took the bed down immediately every morning, because I felt claustrophobic if I didn't take it down.

Besides, having a fiberglass trailer and seeing another in your campground means that you have instant friends.

CindyL
Old 03-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Jim,
Did you happen to see a price tag on that new Trillium 4500?
Which one of the two models that are listed on www.trilliumrv.com did the company build? - Front dinette/bunk model, or the front washroom model?
Thanks
Jay

Quote:
One reason for going was to have a look at the new Trillium, and it was real easy to find. Right at the end of the main central corridor through the buildings. It sparkled like a little gem amoungst the painted aluminum things. The windows seem larger making it brighter inside but in place of the overhead end cabinets it had little corner cupboards hardly bigger thad a small stereo speaker. Although if you want bigger windows I guess that you have to sacrifice something. Overall impression was that it didn't seem to have as much storage. Couldn't find a brochure or any other information.
Jim
Jay Moeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
I made a big mistake. As soon as I mentioned that we had a Boler and wanted to see the new Tril the sales person immediatly lost interest in us and dissapeared. I was so impressed with him that we didn't stick around to look at what else he was offering. After all there was four buildings full of trailers to look at. Next time I'll just tell them that I used to have a pop up and want something else.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote