The Era of the Clueless - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #41

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
jeeze the way old guys brains work......

all this talk about radioshack,,i recall when they had bins full of transistors and bits and pieces...
then of course that reminded me of heathkit. you could build some awsome radios amplifiers and stuff with kits bought at heathkit,,,,now i gotta do a websearch and see if they still exist.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #42
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
My dad's first color t.v. Was a Heathkit!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #43

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
My gripe is Best Buy being 60+ you go in there to buy anything and the help will walk right over you ( after standing there for a while ) to help the 20 year old who just walked in.
They are so bad around here I do not go into Best Buys period.
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #44

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
When the hubby or I are in a Best Buy or other technology store, we often serve to answer questions.

There is so much more to retail these days though. My daughter left JC Penny's where she was a training supervisor and does not miss it a bit, except for the discount. She would have to train the new clerks but they also used her almost as an assistant manager. She had to serve as baby-sitter for kids running all over the place, intervene with rude customers, and clean up the messes that rude customers left. Happily, she could do an MA in Accounting through me and now works for a bank but not in the customer service part.

I was in Bass Pro shop with her last weekend. She had to stop herself from grabbing someone's lost and misbehaving child.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #45

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Well since the subject was brought up by someone else (rude customer's) I have dealt with customer's basically for 30 plus years.
I will have to say that the old therory of the " customer is always right" Is bull hockey! But do believe that even the rude, ignorant, crazy customer deserves the best service as well. Just cause they don't believe they got good service doesn't mean the didn't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post

misbehaving child.

CindyL
Ewwww, Grrrrrr! Now that is a whole other topic! LOL......... I could write a book on other peoples mis-behaving children.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #46

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Ewwww, Grrrrrr! Now that is a whole other topic! LOL......... I could write a book on other peoples mis-behaving children.
Oh!.... So you met my crew.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #47

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Oh!.... So you met my crew.

Perhaps! LOL.

We had one guest from Alberta that had a brewed of kids, They were wonderful children, he was the jerk! LOL...........

He's one of those guest that I will never forget! Ever!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #48

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Imagine going into a Best Buy to buy things to install and having to "Interface" with the Geek Squad?!?!

Every day for me as I buy a lot at retail to install.
I have a store where they know me and I can get in and out fast if the guys I know are there but if not.......

A few weeks ago I was getting 4 50" Plasmas from a new guy and was about to walk out when I heard laughing and of course it was two of the guys I do know watching the whole thing. They told me they had a bet to see how long it would take for me to become NASTY!

I have no idea what they meant?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #49

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
What I love about "Worst Buy" is getting an answer to a question such as "will this work with a ...." and the brain surgeon takes the box out of my hands and begins to read what it says on the side.
Now hear this:
I have already read the damn box!
I am asking about something that is not printed there.
I am not illiterate!
I can read!
If you do not know the answer then either just say so, or find someone who does know or I'll go somewhere else where they maybe do have staff who actually got past 5th grade!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #50

Name: Angela
Trailer: Unknown
Michigan
I would bet that there are as many stories of irritating sales people as there are people in the world. Just remember that most people are just there to provide an income for their family or themselves. Most do not have some inherent love of electronics or home repair and not everyone can understand that stuff. Often they aren't paid enough to stick around for the years it takes to learn some of it. We're all human.
Amcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #51

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Imagine going into a Best Buy to buy things to install and having to "Interface" with the Geek Squad?!?!
Best Buy?
Never been there.

I have cultivated friends who are first adopters of new technology. When they just "have to" have the latest thing, I get their hand-me-downs of recent technology that is perfectly functional but has been replaced by their new latest thing. I use stuff until it is no longer repairable. I haven't had to buy a TV set, DVD player or Computer printer in years.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #52

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I understand that Fred.
Everyone that knows me has a 35-40" CRT TV that I took in a few years ago when people had to have new TV's but couldn't figure out what to do to "Dispose" of the old ones.
Some were 5 to 8 thousand dollar sets when new and are a little heavy too.

I still take everyone I am offered and there is a GoodWill store at the top of my street that gets the overflow.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote