The excitement is setting in! - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #1

Name: Amber
Trailer: 1978 Scamp 13'
Illinois
The excitement is setting in!

I have been, since we picked up our Scamp just under two weeks ago, anticipating this feeling. I am so excited for our first adventure with the newest member of our family! Not everyone gets it, but they don't need to. Thats what makes it all that much better (I think so anyway)! Much work has been done and in the next few days we will continue to try and get every last thing done that we can for this trip. Sure, there are things we wanted to do before we go that are finding their way onto the "to do after our trip" list, but we also want to do it right. Just wanted to share with you the anticipation, the excitement, and my appreciation to find such a welcoming group such as yourselves as owners of these diverse little travel trailers. They're all just a little bit different aren't they? Just like we are and what we need them for. I've decided that I will be starting a sort of not so fancy scrapbook that is to be kept in our Scamp at all times. We will document our mods, repairs, memories, and adventures there.
This is the BEST investment we have made in a long time.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #2

Name: Neil
Trailer: Boler
California
Registry
I know the feeling well. We got our little Boler a few short months ago. We were so happy to be able to stop at any place we wanted and set up for the night. It's soooo much easier to travel with out 7 month old when we're towing it. Diaper change? Feeding? No problem! Just stop at the nearest rest stop and top him up!

The heater also makes it possible for us to get out with the boy and not worry about the elements so we aren't stuck at home when we'd rather be out.

I'm sure you're going to love your purchase!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #3

Name: Amber
Trailer: 1978 Scamp 13'
Illinois
We made a trip to NC a few years back and ended up staying overnight in WV. Now instead of that hefty hotel bill, we can camp for the night, or just catch a nap. We can now travel/ camp more efficiently. (We have always been tent campers, but feel much better bringing our son in safety into the wilderness at night). Vacation time always seemed somewhat limited, but now I feel like visiting the 48 contiguous states can be a realistic goal. (perhaps someday the other two, one with the Scamp, one without). The heater is definitely on our wish list!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #4

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Amber as the years and miles go by with my little trailer I still very much look forward to every trip - no matter if its only 2 nights or for 2 months.

I also keep a book (although not a scrap book) in the trailer and record in it all the trips taken and where I stayed and note any special camp site I might pick if I was to return to that campground as well as any interesting events or things I did there. Also make notes on places I saw along the way that I might like to camp if ever in that area again. I also note in it when the wheel bearings were repacked or replaced or new tires, battery, brakes etc added etc so I can look back to see if I am due to replace something or need to do some maintenance. Time flys by and its easy to forget how long ago something was actually done.

Have fun and safe travels.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #5

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Good luck on your first trip! You will keep learning about new ways to do things (and things to avoid).

Our next trip is to the Michigan rally north of Detroit the weekend after Labor Day and I'm already excited, too!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #6

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
If you want to do a road trip there is a ralley in Algonac Michigan on Sept 7,8,9. Algonac is about 50 min. north of Detroit on the St Clair River. We have about 24 "Eggs" signed up so far. My Scamp was found under a tree where she had been sleeping for the last 9 years. It was in almost new vintage condition, all I had to do was clean about a inch of growth off the roof, replace tires, rims and carpet. I wish you the best on your maiden voyage.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #7

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Egg Rally

Kevin, I look forward to meet you in Algonac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Good luck on your first trip! You will keep learning about new ways to do things (and things to avoid).

Our next trip is to the Michigan rally north of Detroit the weekend after Labor Day and I'm already excited, too!