The HC1, Happier Camper new trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
The HC1, Happier Camper new trailer

Has this been covered in another thread? Has anyone else been following the progress?

It looks to be well done and functional. Looking forward to seeing the modular and customizable interior.

The Happier Camper • The Ultra-Light Travel Trailer Coming Summer 2014
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Yeah, that's a teaser- I'm always interested in anything new and am looking forward to seeing it. It looks a little too retro for my taste but who knows?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Why doesn't the door fit right?
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
Has this been covered in another thread? Has anyone else been following the progress?

It looks to be well done and functional. Looking forward to seeing the modular and customizable interior.

The Happier Camper • The Ultra-Light Travel Trailer Coming Summer 2014
Yes mark that is the new camper being built by derek of happier camper. It is now in the mold stage and we hope to have the first one ready by mid to late summer. As some of you know Derek is the one who had two of his trailers stollen about a year and a half ago.shortly after that he decided that the demand for these little trailers was huge so we decided to build our own .the new hc1 named after hapier camper will be a 13 foot trailer similar to a boler or scamp but with some major differences and innovations. Renting out the original bolers and scamps among other trailers we own we have gotten a lot of input on what people like about these trailer and what they dislike there will be a lot of information forthcoming in the next few weeks and some you can see at happier camper . com. Some of the new features on the hc1 which might just look cosmetic but are actually functuall are the side wheel skirt which is not just for the retro look but are part of the mold and will give the bed 6more inches of length and will keep the bed more square although you won't notice from the out side. Another feature you will notice on first glance is the rear hatch that will open to open to give these trailers much more use as the interior will be completely removable . The plan is to have the hc1 completely versatlle and to meet many different needs as not everyone camps the same way. I will post more information on the progress and will post pictures in the coming weeks of the build as I know many of you will expect it. Thank you.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Why doesn't the door fit right?
David that is not the actually trailer it is a early photo shop picture of a 40 year old boler I knew some one would catch that
Old 06-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
It's always exciting to see some new innovations being added to the lovable eggs. Since the interior is changeable, I hope you are making the shells more rigid to compensate for the potential lack of interior stiffening elements.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
It's always exciting to see some new innovations being added to the lovable eggs. Since the interior is changeable, I hope you are making the shells more rigid to compensate for the potential lack of interior stiffening elements.
Yes mike theire will be a inner and outer shell as we'll as the latest Fiberglas stiffening techniques . The trolley roof will also be raised to make it stiffer.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cool Beans! A new all molded towable manufufacturer. That will make ALL the current manufacturers pay attention to the market. Which is good for ALL of us,

Wishing you much success...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Ontario
Thanks Donna and congrats on your new rig it's looking fabulous hope you have many enjoyable outings with it but when your ready to downsize hope you'll give us a call
Old 09-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #10

Name: Stephanie and Mark
Trailer: Trillium Sidekick 4500
Washington
Any new info?? This is the last weekend of Summer. I want to poke around inside!! At least virtually with a photo tour?? My husband is more interested in a new trailer and I want a vintage one I can decorate all I want. This new trailer seems to be the way for us to go. I am curious as to how the modular interior is going to work too. Thanks
sbergeron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Ontario
Thanks Stephanie for your interest in the hc1 I have just returned from las Angela's was there for three weeks to help Derek with the new trailer . Our original goal was to have the first prototype ready for late summer .the plug build and mould build went very well and it was looking pretty good to have it ready for early fall. But like a lot of projects of this scale and a lot of different innovations we are trying to incorporate in to the new trailer we have fallen a bit behind schedule . We are still hoping to have the first prototypes ready in the fall.for some reason building and keeping something simple can be very complicated
Old 02-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #12

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Any updates on the HC1?

I have been following along and the latest word was a prototype by the end of January. I hope to see this soon. I have been searching for a used trailer but would love to see this one first.
Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:51 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbybe View Post
I have been following along and the latest word was a prototype by the end of January. I hope to see this soon. I have been searching for a used trailer but would love to see this one first.
Donald thank you for your interest in the new HC1 the progress on the HC1 has been slow but steady , for a 13 foot trailer it probably has more separate moulds than any other we are at 20 + separate moulds . All parts have been pulled and at this moment are being fused together . The timelines for completion change day by day but baring any further delays we should have the first trailer together and ready for photos within the next few weeks.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:20 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Ontario
Breaking news on the HC1!! After an exhausting week attempting to get the new trailer assembled for Modernism Week in Palm Springs, we have managed to pull off a small miracle, and will have a prototype ready for viewing. While there are some finishing touches needed before the trailer is market-ready, the look and functionality of the HC1 will be on full display for anyone in the Palm Springs area to come check out.
We will also be doing a photo shoot in Joshua Tree National Park and will have photos of our flagship trailer available in the coming days.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:54 AM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Looking forward to the photos...
Old 02-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #16

Name: Mo
Trailer: Still looking
Texas
Sorry, I did not initially see wildbirder's original post on this topic, but now that I've found it: Prototype pics are here.
This looks good. I especially like that there is access from the back of the trailer if one opts to make the large dinette a permanent bed.
I like to call things like this avant retro, because it looks forward and glances back for design inspiration.

Side note: I hate to be a grammar/spelling killjoy, but happier camper and the Boler Armadillo folks could benefit from some basic proofreading on their respective web pages. A few simple edits could make a much more professional presentation.
June Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #17

Trailer: Boler 1984
This thread makes for an interesting advertisement , but nowhere does it mention weight or pricing. How much does the double walled style add in weight over my older Boler? Can it compare price wise to other 13 footers that are on the market?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:25 PM   #18

Name: Mo
Trailer: Still looking
Texas
Spent a few minutes looking at the pics again. Looks like there is storage molded into the inside of the door.
June Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #19

Name: Sean
Trailer: 1984 Uhaul CT 13
Georgia
Registry
I'm not sure the double hull will make that much of a difference in weight honestly. U-hauls have double hull and weights are right around the same as Bolers according to the "weights in the real world" thread.

This is an interesting design. Would love to see a spec sheet. I didn't see a stove?
My U-haul Camper Blog
knighth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:47 PM   #20

Name: Stephanie and Mark
Trailer: Trillium Sidekick 4500
Washington
Still want more info too

I know it will be coming but it has been a long wait and knowing that it is really going to happen is making it even harder to wait. I do want to know the Weight, tongue weight, and how the inside all works. I don't see any closet, and it doesn't look like a cook top is in the prototype. I wonder what the flooring will be-the photos right now look like industrial carpet. Not a fan if that is the case. But since at least in the beginning I bet they will be manufactured as the orders come in and hopefully certain things can be done to what the customer wants.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the modular system and how it can work for setting up things like a closet/wardrobe and dry food storage. All kinds of questions...
We are still looking for our first molded fiberglass trailer. We have a tiny teardrop and love it so we are willing to wait and find the best fit for us.
Cheers!
sbergeron00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper, hc1