The itch - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
The itch

Must be pretty strong. This morning I hitched up our EggCamper and we're not leaving for Texas until Friday. I already have a pile started in our living room of "stuff" that has to go with us. An aside, we got 14 inches of snow the other day and are supposed to get rain today so hitching up and moving it for better accessibility is how I rationalized doing it early. Hoping to run across some of you in TX.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Amazing how a couple of new camp chairs and an egg in the driveway will get you into camping mood, eh? I hope you don't have to fight your way out of the driveway on Friday!

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Bob

I was partly packed and loaded for the Scamp Camp that I ended up having to cancel on and I do know your pain!

I have the pile in the Living Room too now and it has to get redistributed back into the house now that I am not going after all.
So I got to get way up in anticipation and now I am crashing back down from reality,not that excited about it either!

Doesn't that make you grateful?

Ed
Old 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #4

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
RgRugg, Wishing you a save trip. Where in Texas are you headed?

I'm a Native Son of Texas by birth, a New Mexican by Choice. But you can take a Texan out of Texas, but hard to get Texas out of him. Ha!

I've been mulling it over in my head of taking a jaunt down to the Big Bend, been there only once. Might even wander down toward Comstock and Langtry, never been to the Seminole Canyon State Park & Historic Site. Langtry had a nice Texas Travel Information Center, but haven't been by that area in ages.

Safety Rest Area List

Also, The fabled history of the Wild West's most famous judge is recalled at the nearby Judge Roy Bean visitors center. For a Justice of the Peace, he made quite a name for himself. Not many JPs are known for hanging men. His brother, Sam Bean was Sheriff of Dona Ana County. Some of his relatives still live out this way.

Judge Roy Bean Visitor's Center, Texas

Judge Roy Bean in New Mexico | Suite101
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #5

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Yes where in our big beautiful state are you headed ? Lots of great things to see and do here for sure.

Have a safe,fun trip.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
We'll first go to Goose Island state park near Rockport. Some friends volunteer there for February leading bird watching walks. We'll spend a few days with them and then who knows? No further plans yet except to escape the snow. Getting out of our driveway should be ok since our tow vehicle is a 4x4.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #7

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Goliad State Park & Historic Site was a neat place when we were there some years ago. Lot of Early Texas History happened around there. As well as Mexican History.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-pa...historic-sites

Campground was nice as well.

Goliad State Park & Historic Site — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department