The Leocraft..is MINE .. wa ha ha! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #41

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Well, I'll be up that way as I have found some long lost relatives of my Mother's just outside Portland, plus I've got to go see my Cousin in Salem. I'll probably be in that area for a couple of weeks. Let know what campground you'll be at and I'll swing by.

Family things here are still dicey so I don't think I'll make Quartzsite this year.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #42

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Gina, Welcome home. It's so darn cute! It sure doesn't look bad from the pic's! But knowing you, you will have it dialed in with lot's of great upgrades soon. Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #43

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Leocraft Quality

Hi Gina! Glad to hear that you are so pleased with your trailer. One of the things that caught our attention about 'Stubby' was the fit and finish inside. It must have really looked sharp new. You said that you slept on the front dinette. Is the L-shaped guacho convertible to a bed as well like ours? If not I can let you know what we did to ours. What do you think of those HUGE windows? Fabulous for light and viewing ! We look forward to more of your experiences as you start the renos. Did you find the info I sent you about the construction to be accurate or are there some differences from a 77 to 79 model? Keep in touch. Dennis
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #44

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Dennis, Yes, the L Gaucho does make into a bed, but it also takes up a lot of real estate when out, so.. to maximize floorspace for the pups and give me a permanent bed, my best choice was up front. I really have no use for a dinette, and since the floor is sloped there, I couldn't just take it out as I did with my other rig.

I also have a cat and he needs a "room", so this area under the dinette will be his private space with his, er, "Lounge" in there.

Another pleasant surprise.. a working Gravity feed furnace! Oh how I have lusted after one. Unfortunately, the former owner.. Bubba.. used Krylon Hammer Finish paint on the outside vent, and even from outside.. when it gets hot..oh THE SMELL! I need to pull it out, strip it down and use stove black on it.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #45

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I like the idea of a permanent "bedroom" in the front with the "lounge" underneath! I see there is a headboard (or footboard) shelf for glasses, books and such. Sounds and looks like Bubba was very creative.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #46

Registry
oh... Bubba was a real gem. I'll post pictures when I start pulling stuff out and start a "How not to" thread..
Old 01-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #47

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Bubba had a brother who owned the single axle 5th!

Looking forward to seeing you back here doin' what you do!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #48

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina D. View Post
I also have a cat and he needs a "room", so this area under the dinette will be his private space with his, er, "Lounge" in there.
Wilson has a "Lounge"? Like at the Opera? Does it come with an attendant who hands out little soaps and towels?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #49

Registry
you know too well that cats have servants.

I will put his "Facilities under the door side bench with his cat door facing the furnace. The underside of the bed will hold outdoor things and amzingly emough, I am going to use the clothes hamper as.. a clothes hamper

Its a good feature, and yes Liz, it is good for a lamp and drinkie holder.

The TV will go on the divider wall with the furnace so I can watch from the gaucho OR the bed.

I have to put up a nice wall of sorts by the stove. Sir Sticky has already figured out that counter surfing is effortless with this rig as configured.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #50

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Cat Surfing

Gina, We also have a cat named October. We found him as a stray in October 13 yrs ago. It's Toby for short. He too likes to walk on the counter. His bed is on the clothes hamper which you have as well. To help keep him stay off the stove, we use a colored piece of plexiglass permanently attached to the outside edge of the counter beside the stove and attached it to the wall by the window. Works well. Now we have to figure out how to stop him from jumping from the table to the counter ( ain't gonna happen LOL). He also likes the large windows for chipmunk watching. I wanted to mention that I divided the hamper in half. The top half is for clothing & the bottom half we made into a 'cubby' which is accessible from the door we put on outside. Very handy. Looking forward to more of your experiences. We'll be watching with interest! Dennis
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #51

Registry
Dog surfing

Dennis, Sticky is actually a 35lb Beagle

I will come up with something hefty yet attractive.

Got it "home" no disasters or anything. I put new tires on it and it towed true and nice. Hubs stayed cool.. guess thats all OK. Amazing for something that has sat unmoved for so long.

Tomorrow, I am actually going to patch all the zillion screw holes in the wall and try to find a nice interior paint/paints for it. I am going to actually move into it after the paint dries. There is nothing going on inside that I can't do while living in it.. time to get out of the old and into the..old :-P

My fiberglass guy has had a look and sees nothing that can't be tidied up quickly.. just some sanding and smoothing out the bad looking jobs that were already done.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #52

Trailer: Aliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina D. View Post

My fiberglass guy has had a look and sees nothing that can't be tidied up quickly.. just some sanding and smoothing out the bad looking jobs that were already done.
That's great news, Gina!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #53

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I love the layout of that trailer. Very very looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #54

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hi Gina,

Please bring us up to date with your progress. We haven't seen a post here for a month.

Also, can you tell us where you will be around Mt. Hood? We are going to do the OR run again this summer and if we can swing by wherever you are it would be fun to visit.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #55

Registry
Nancy.. I am moved into it. There was a scheduling change with my old trailer. My friend had a need for it right away, so my reno plans have been set back. I wanted to do all the work and THEN move.. didn't happen.

All I have done to it is deep clean it inside, redo some of the 12v wiring, ripped out some of the redundant stuff and reran things where they needed to be. New battery.

It is covered with a tarp and car cover at the moment.. he used roofing tar as a sealant and we are slowly scraping it all off and prepping it to redo correctly with Dicor and Eternabond.

Took the awning off the old trailer today and its sitting outside waiting to be modified to fit the Leocraft.

The gravity feed furnace caught on fire (YES!) and I am pulling it out, will put my Blue Flame in its place.

Bought curtains :-P Covered ugly 70s earthtone cushions with Red.. hung a couple towel holders.

Nothing worthy of a picture YET.

I will be on the Clackamas River all summer. PM me if you think you can come out and I will be more specific then!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #56

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
...from the Clackamas R. over to Taidnapam...

...is hardly ANYTHING but a skip and jump, mileage wise! Could you get away to our Washington meet on the FREE fishing weekend of June 7, 8, 9, & 10th?

We would ALL love to see the LEOCRAFT, and of course, see YOU, as well!

All the best,
Barbara
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #57

Registry
Barb, I am a Forest Service campground host in the summer. It is impossible for me to take weekends off, as you know, thats when the campground is busiest.

I have to check the NOG dates. I report to work on April 15.. may not even be able to make that!

Today is more scraping. I have the wierdest roof vent in the bathroom.. THAT is picture worthy. I don't think there is any hope of replacing it.. the max air cover will have to work for me!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #58

Registry
OK, here are some unpretty pictures. Things have to get uglier before they get better. My friend that I gave the Kit Companion to is paying for it by helping get the icky roofing tar off, and the silly way Bubba tried to cover the cracks in the roof,, I suspect its Bondo.

I will be sanding it off and using epoxy.
Attached Thumbnails
leocraftrexroof.jpg   leocraftroofcrackfixbad.jpg  

Old 02-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #59

Registry
Bubba was a cheap old bird. Not only did he use roofing tar to seal the Max Air style covers, he REUSED broken covers and attempted to compensate for the broken flanges by piling on tar. It was 1/2 to 3/4" thick in some places.
Attached Thumbnails
leocrafttarvent.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #60

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Hi Gina, so glad you are back with us here and I am looking forward to all your mods, etc to your new Leocraft. It looks nice and roomy for you and the furry critters. I am excited for you.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote