The new 13' boler is back in Canada! It's now called the"Armadillo" - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-02-2016, 11:03 PM   #71
Name: Nancy
Trailer: Shopping
" I also ubderstand his reasoning for eliminating the front window as those that didn't have the rock gaurd would quite often get it punched out with a flying rock."
Wouldn't a standard "rock guard" make that a non-problem.
Scamp as well has eliminated the front window which is where the front bath is.

GirlGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #72
Name: Owen
Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Armadillo needs a tough shell to weather the criticism?

Nice to hear your assessment, Con! The wife and I saw the Armadillo as presented in the Armstrong Fair Parade, but lost track of Jason later and was not able to do a detailed "once over " as I would have liked.
My son, who is also an RV technician, had the opportunity and reported that He felt it was far better built and finished than either the Dolphin or the Trillium that we owned in the past.
I have felt a sense of disappointment in the reactions from some FGRV members. I felt that it would have been more in the spirit of our community to ask questions about what we didn't know instead of jumping all over someone trying to do something we know too little about.
The reason that I have been a member of this forum since 2003 is the quality of the people and the combined spirit of helpfulness displayed.
I will make an effort to get back to Enderby this fall and check this out further, as I am specially fascinated by the strength and load capacity of the axle and suspension systems that Armadillo uses.

When you retire, everyday becomes Saturday!
Owen & Rosemary
Formerly - 14'Dolphin, Looking for another!
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #73
Name: Con
Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300/2003 17' Bigfoot
British Columbia
The axle is a 3500 lb. torsion bar suspenion with I think it was 15' wheels. I forgot to ask him. One add on he had on the frame were some very near fold down stabilizers that I had not seen before. Mind you I haven't had a trailer for almost 5 years now so there is new products coming out all the time that I am not aware of. Also some very neat hold downs on his prototype propane tank cover

Over the years I have had trailers of various kinds (horse, travel RV's, snowmobile, utility) with spring, torson bar and neither types of suspention.
I would take the torson bar suspension over any thing else for simplicity, maintenance and rideability.

If you do decide to make a trip out here in the fall let me know and I would join you to do a tour of his plant. We are only 15 mins away from Enderby.
My address is 2411 Pheasant Ridge Drive, Armstrong, Ph 250 546-6325
Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #74
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
For some reason, today is the first time I've seen that little JEWEL! The exterior/interior changes are phenomenal and make the "retro" look SO much more "modern"- >>> MY PREFERENCE!

I'm afraid that the price WILL deter alot of people. I'm anxious to see it with a bathroom. But wow...the looks of it bumps up into the "Oliver" category of small trailers!

The only negative I have and it's affirmative- is the NAME. I've had to deal with Armadillos messing up my yard- divots and holes and they are NOT my favorite word right now. They may be ok up north but dealing with them in the south- and not to mention ROAD KILL kings right now- the name really needs to go. And seriously, if I was to have one built, they WOULD leave off the decal and any "decorative" tag on it in reference to Armadillo! In relation to that, when I had my Scamp built, I had them to leave off the so-outdated "racing stripe"!! I dont regret that at all!

Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote