the new Trilium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Thought I would pass this along. I went to www.trilliumrv.com to see what I could find out about the new Trillium. This was my response from my e-mail there and I let him know that I saw his website on this one.
Thanks for your inquiry.
I am in the process of restarting the Trillium Company. I don't expect any difficulties, since over 13,000 trailers were built under my watch.
I am contracting the "Outback" trailer manufacturer to build the early models. They obtained a couple of the molds over the years, and are doing a good job of building a quality product. I've visited them several times recently to be sure of the quality of workmanship.
I will bring the trailers to the San Francisco Bay Area for the final finish and upgrade for the "Trillium" look. Later in the year, the entire trailer will be built here.
I haven't settled on the final items as standard equipment, so a price list won't be ready until about Dec. 20. Actual pictures can't be taken until I have the final product, which won't be until sometime in January. I am making pictures and layout drawings available from the old Trillium brochure. Of course, they're 25 years old, but the layout won't change. The interior will also be the same, but with updated cushions, curtains, appliances, and cabinet doors. I should have this as an additional web page sometime tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest.

I will advise you when I have new information available.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear about this? I've only had the site up for a few weeks.

Thank You

Tom Young
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: Former 1989 Bigfoot owner
Thankyou for the new link to Trillium website http://www.trilliumrv.com/
As an ex - 1977 Trillium 13 footer, this was interesting to see.
I'm confused though, I thought the new Trillium "Outback" was already going full blast, but maybe they stopped production. Hope the new 1300 and 4500 is better priced - can't see paying 20000 bucks for even a trillium.
Too bad they can't keep the old window system - that was the key ingredient for the Trillium.
Harry Gaudier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 72 Boler
Hi All

The Trill Trailer is also made in Calgary AB web site is
www.trilliumtrailers.com.
This one is the outback I belive anyway check it out.
The base price was around $11000 Cdn.
Lew
Lew King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Oh how very cool. I do hope he is successful. It may encourage others to try to start up again.
(Somebody please buy Burro and this time do it right)
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:00 AM   #5

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Oh WOW

I wonder how they will merge the 2 operations or if they will be separate. I gotta get a look at the the new 4500's when they are available.

I wonder how much will be changed from my 2005 Outback? Very intereesting developments.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
If these folks had a dealer in the USA it would be great. I emailed a while back and they informed me there was no dealer in the USA.
Gary Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote