The one mistake I made when I bought my Casita, was getting the... - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #81

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
water tank

our 13f scamper has one under the bed never used it and I don't think the previous owner ever used it either since everything is unhooked.

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:06 AM   #82

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Tom View Post
Thank you for posting your thoughts that a person might as well get the 25 gallon tank since the space remaining space is not really good storage. I am in the process of ordering a Casita, and changed my order to the larger tank.
Welcome to FGRV Tom. You didn't say which model/size you ordered and a 16'er may be different as it's a lighter trailer but you won't be disappointed by getting the larger tank for a couple reasons....at least to my experience with my SD 17. The little storage loss you'll have is almost moot. Although thinking about it now, when I pulled the bench out to add a deck plate to the top of the tank for easy clean out, I could have moved the tank an inch or so to the rear for a bit more access room through the hatch door....I'll put that on my maybe list . Second, being the 17's are tongue heavy I run with a full water tank, unlike a lot of folks here, to lighten the TW a bit which has been between 365-375 at the trip start. I adjust the TW with interior gear loading as the water level changes rear to front as the holding tanks are taking the extra weight. Anyway, having the on board capacity is great, how much you fill it depends on your camping interests, hookups or like the boondocking I do.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:58 PM   #83

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2018 Casita 17’ Freedom Deluxe
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy P. View Post
Oh but it is usable. Very much so.

We have the same trailer and the 16 gallon tank. For us, this is the preferred set up. We get close to a weeks worth of water and in the space saved with the smaller tank I store our Anderson levelers, wheel chocks, spare wood planks and stabilizer adjustment bar. I may even have more jammed in there but I find the space to be extremely convenient. Particularly for often wet and dirty items.

It's really a trade off. For the OP it sounds like he would prefer the additional water which I fully understand due to his personal circumstances. For me, I'll take the outside accessible storage space and top off the tank on the few occasions a year it's necessary.

I originally ordered the big water tank, but changed the order back to the standard 16gal tank. I’m glad I did for the same reasons you stated. I also have a bunch of 2 1/2 gal DEF jugs I’ve rinsed out real good and can carry extra water if it’s needed..
mike in ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #84

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Minnesota
Mike, the size of the water tank ordered was an item I gave a great deal of thought. There is no right or wrong here. You just have to ask yourself what type of camping you intend to do and realize it is a trade off. For us, the space we gained was more useful then the additional water for the majority of our needs.

I have a collapsible 5 gallon container I can bring with if I think a topping off may be required. If I frequently boon-docked for over a week, no question I would get the larger tank but this set-up works the best for US and our style of camping.

Randy
Randy P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita