The saddest UHaul this side of the Mississippi - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Originally Posted by SnappleofDiscord View Post
David- Woof. that is a project. You're wise to avoid. Go for a more relaxing camper. The door's actually pretty solid on this one too, just ajar in the photo and.. ya know.. covered in years of layered weather stripping.
Actually, I offered him $500 for that trailer. No response. I might have gone higher. I need a frame. My problem is, I need a trailer that can't be saved. If it can, (and many would give up on the Cantaloupe) I will want to save it.

Last year, I found one of the three that I consider un-saveable. On kijiji, there was a Trillium 1300 that had the dinette, gaucho, (couch/bunk bed) and kitchen, cut out of it. I couldn't tell, from the pictures, if it had a closet. The elephant skin had been ripped out. The guy said he did this to use it as a fishing shack, but found a better one. I seriously considered buying it. I offered him $500 as well. No response either.
Someone Please Stop Me!
Now I wish I had paid the $950. I would have used the frame, (main reason) windows, door, (especially the latch) the rock shield on the window, (great on the back of a Trillium) it never had a fridge, so I would cut out a 4' wide piece from the belly band down to the frame to get the logo on the road side. Then big chunks for patches. Heck, the roof could have been transplanted to fix the first trailer.

As it is I am probably going to buy the frame from Joe Thoen at Outback/Trillium. He has the third trailer that I consider un-saveable. It is a Surfside TM-14 that is completely gutted. No windows or door even. The frame seems similar, but some mods will be necessary. It is longer then a 1300. Since, I don't weld, I am probably going to pay Joe more then $950 for it in the end.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #16
Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13

cool part is you have all winter to redo her. come spring your gonna be a campin fool.

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so, some have entertained angels unaware.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote