The WannaDago? ( WonaDayGo ) Smallest, Cheapest & NEW - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The WannaDago? ( WonaDayGo ) Smallest, Cheapest & NEW

This has gotta be about the smallest, most basic and cheapest camping trailer offered in a long time.

Can't say that I would want this box on wheels, but it's an idea.

Scroll down in the link for more pics

https://www.saferwholesale.com/Produ...RC-RWAYTRAILER

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Looks like a step up from a teardrop (if you don't want the cooking area.)

There was a time I'd have loved it.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Would be good for the deer woods for sure.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #4

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
5 grand? Wow (not) It is all plywood and 2x4's. That cost more than my Boler!
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #5

Just like on many other RV's, MSRP is only a guessing point to allow for big discounts,,,
Current sales price is about $2500.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
" WannaDago"????

It's "WonaDayGo", Bob...but your spelling got the pronunciation right, according to the voice at the link.

Gotta wonder how that name's gonna go down with folks of Italian extraction!
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
Gotta wonder how that name's gonna go down with folks of Italian extraction!
I am Italian. I am small. I am agile. But I am definitely not empty. And I certainly am not cheap.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #8

NE Oklahoma
Maybe they will be hearing for Winnibego?
Old 02-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #9

I checked with my ex (both parents from Italy) and she said that she hadn't heard anyone use that term in 20 years. Maybe it's time has returned>>>>>

Actually she said that she would settle for a WannaKraut if it was still interested.....

Old 02-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #10

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Not something I would want. The inside view looked like it might have a crack or two. I'm still happy with a well used Trillium for less than that thing - and we got electrical wiring, fridge, stove top, sink and furnace - apart from beds and storage.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #11

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Not really sporting to compare the cost of used to new - but I think I'd pass on this one myself. The teardrops have a lot of utility to them: kitchen hatches in the back, water & propane systems commonly, storage cabinets inside etc. They also have it going in the style department, lots of nice swoopy curves. This is just a box on wheels - flat front, flat back... very dull looking.

Honestly, I'd think that someone thinking of this would be better off buying a standard cargo trailer and throwing a futon in the back.
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #12

NE Oklahoma
This was the tear drop I was looking at:

Camp-Inn Teardrop 560 Ultra

Then I found I could get a Lil Snoozy for the same money.
Stand up room, toilet/shower, inside kitchen, queen bed.
A couch/bed for our daughter.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #13

Oh, I'll also add - the name is foolish. I'm sure they're trying to play off of "Winnebago", but going with a name that includes an ethnic slur is, at best, a distraction to your product which you don't want to do.

Kinda like Chinese restaurants that insist on serving "Chow Yuck" or "Poo Poo Platters". When we lived in Portland Oregon, there was a place called the "Hung Far Low". I didn't dare ask...

There was also a bar called "Wanker's Corner" - with no thought to what the term was slang for, much to the amusement of the English guy in the lab.

Here in town there is a funeral home who's name includes a certain slang term for a lesbian. It happens to be the name of the family who runs the place, which is all the more unfortunate, but people DO make jokes about the name. I haven't heard anybody getting offended, but it is a distraction.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #14

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Watters View Post
There was also a bar called "Wanker's Corner" - with no thought to what the term was slang for, much to the amusement of the English guy in the lab.

That "bar" (now in Wilsonville) brought the name with it from the original location that it came from: a combination store/restaurant/bar that constituted most of the place called Wanker's Corner, Oregon.

My Mother's place in Stafford was only a few miles from Wanker's corner, and believe you me, there's a long and honorable history associated with the name, which not only has no relation to that term but doesn't even have English roots.

I was so flabbergasted at the above perversion of the history of West Linn that I looked it up, SURE that you must just be repeating bartalk or something heard somewhere. Imagine my horror to find that even that Bastion of Supposed "facts", Wikipedia, contains an entry related to this almost-hundred-year-old-actual-place-in Oregon that gives nothing whatever of its history but does make a sniggering reference to the British street-trash perversion of the word.

That place was settled by John Abraham von Wanker, who came there in the 1890's. Local lore has it that the family dropped the "von" from the name due to intense anti-German feelings during WWI. It was one of John Abraham's sons who built the grocery store that earned the place an actual place-name on Oregon maps. That was sometime in the 1930's.

End of rant...for now. But the ladies of the Clackamas County Historical Society are gonna be hearing from me about this Foul Calumny on the County's honor. And then look out Wikipedia. They don't even know what trouble is until a bunch of local Historians get all riled up!
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #15

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Hung Far Low is still in biz, but has moved to 82nd. The large sign was restored and is in the original downtown location, however..it is a Portland landmark. The name, contrary to legend, is not a joke or play on words, it means "almond blossom fragrance"..story here:

Wankers corner is alive and well and rockin every weekend.

The name for this teardrop is actually "WonaDayGo", not wannadago as posted, so don't discredit the manufacturer for insensitivity..you CAN discredit them for a dumb reference to a vitamins name tho.

The Italian slur is actually Dego. We aren't easily offended, especially by terms long dead.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:53 PM   #16

Didn't know the history on Wanker's Corner. Similar to the funeral home here - a family name, just one that lends itself to humor.

The Chinese restaurant's just a matter of not thinking about how something comes off in English. Pretty common really. I remember Jay Leno doing newspaper clippings and really losing it on one reporting a fire at the "Fu King" restaurant.

As for the WonaDayGo, I'm in no position to know if somebody's gonna be offended or not - but I think people ARE going to notice and, like I said, it's a distraction.

Of course, We tried to get the university here to stop abbreviating "Analytical Math" as "Anal Math" - without success. The response was "our students would never think of that". Uh... sure. There's a reason it's called Sophomoric humor.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:03 AM   #17

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
I'd probably just go with a teardrop over that or a simple enclosed trailer. I could insulate one and haul my 4 wheeler to.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #18

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Nice concept but after a day of camping in rain or bad weather with this kind of unit your gonna wana go home. Most tear drops I have seen have storage and kitchen out back but this unit has nothing. And the ad says you can get your ATV inside but the side door is way too small for that, and there is no back door to get it inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
This has gotta be about the smallest, most basic and cheapest camping trailer offered in a long time.

Can't say that I would want this box on wheels, but it's an idea.

Scroll down in the link for more pics

https://www.saferwholesale.com/Produ...RC-RWAYTRAILER
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #19

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
With all due respect to the ladies of Clackamas County, John Abraham Von Wanker still sounds to me like a character in a Mel Brooks movie.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #20

Hmmmm. I guess I better take away the Grandkids DVD of the "Shaggy Dog" story. They might get the wrong idea about what consenting adult Canine's do in the privacy of their doggy house.

But enough about plays on words.....