There Are More MFG Campers Than I Knew! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Mr Lynn's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Posts: 325
There Are More MFG Campers Than I Knew!

Or than are listed on the FiberglassRV Home page!

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I just came across a Trailer Life 'roundup' of fiberglass trailers,

Fun with Fiberglass

currently being made. It includes such oddities as the Dub Box (molded from a VW camper bus), and the Happier Camper, which gets the hands-down award for ingenuity; the article says, "Think Legos."

They did leave out the ParkLiner, which has resumed production, and the Lil Snoozy, but they did include the Egg Camper, which is currently on hiatus. Go figure.


/Mr Lynn
__________________

__________________
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
That's a fun article.
__________________

__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,558
Registry
Published in December, before Parkliner was restarted under new ownership, which explains the omission And I believe EggCamper normally shuts down in the winter.
__________________
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
There are tens upon tens of orphaned all-molded-towable manufacturers too. I often encourage those that are looking to buy to look at the list on the home page to make themselves knowledgeable about former builders. It would be sad to see a local sale for a "Liberty" and not know it may be precisely what someone wants, but doesn't recognize that name: FiberglassRV Home Page
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Mr Lynn's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
There are tens upon tens of orphaned all-molded-towable manufacturers too. I often encourage those that are looking to buy to look at the list on the home page to make themselves knowledgeable about former builders. It would be sad to see a local sale for a "Liberty" and not know it may be precisely what someone wants, but doesn't recognize that name: FiberglassRV Home Page
Good point, Donna, but to be fair, the article was focused on current manufacturers.

I was surprised there were some that are not on the Home Page.

/Mr Lynn
__________________
"The Molded Fiberglass Obsession"—From a Pickup Cap to a Casita

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,558
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
...I was surprised there were some that are not on the Home Page...
I believe the moderators have mentioned that the software no longer supports updates to the home page, so it's essentially frozen in time. I don't recall if they said anything about the "Manufacturers" tab at the top of the forums page. The two you mentioned, Happier Camper and Dub Box, are quite new to the field. But you can be assured there have been many conversations about both. Beyond those two, have you heard of Armadillo, a Canadian maker of semi-custom 13'ers using old Lil Bigfoot molds? Or Relic, a US-based start-up making semi-custom 13'ers using 50's/60's styled molds that never made it to production and came up for sale on eBay?

Lots of interesting things happening in the world of molded fiberglass. This site is primarily a platform for discussions, not a molded fiberglass encyclopedia, nor a trade publication like Trailer Life. I've only been active for a little more than two years, but I've learned a ton just by reading and asking questions.
__________________
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Mr Lynn's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
. . . Lots of interesting things happening in the world of molded fiberglass. This site is primarily a platform for discussions, not a molded fiberglass encyclopedia, nor a trade publication like Trailer Life. I've only been active for a little more than two years, but I've learned a ton just by reading and asking questions.
Well, excuse me! I'm new here, and when I first saw it, thought the list on the Home page was impressive, if not encyclopedic. Sorry to hear they can't update it—I'll bet there are knowledgeable members of this group who could help remedy that. It's a useful reference, especially for newbies, as Donna pointed out.

/Mr Lynn
__________________
"The Molded Fiberglass Obsession"—From a Pickup Cap to a Casita

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Well, excuse me! I'm new here, and when I first saw it, thought the list on the Home page was impressive, if not encyclopedic. Sorry to hear they can't update it—I'll bet there are knowledgeable members of this group who could help remedy that. It's a useful reference, especially for newbies, as Donna pointed out.

/Mr Lynn
There's a ton of information in the archives and lots of knowledgeable, kind members here willing to answer questions and help in many ways. It really is too bad the home page can't be updated, but it is what it is... that's why the rest of us standby with information to assist
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mr Lynn's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Posts: 325
". . . but it is what it is"

My least favorite expression; too often an admission of defeat.

/Mr Lynn
__________________
"The Molded Fiberglass Obsession"—From a Pickup Cap to a Casita

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:38 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
". . . but it is what it is"

My least favorite expression; too often an admission of defeat.

/Mr Lynn
Unfortunately that's just what it is when it comes to the home page... sigh. BUT, they could simply do away with it and everyone always comes to the forums... like at least one other all-molded towable site I know about. Then all those orphan trailer names on the home page would be history...
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Mr Lynn's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Unfortunately that's just what it is when it comes to the home page... sigh. BUT, they could simply do away with it and everyone always comes to the forums... like at least one other all-molded towable site I know about. Then all those orphan trailer names on the home page would be history...
Are you a moderator/administrator? Why not put out a call for some IT/Web Design folks who can tell you how to edit the Home page? It can't be rocket science.

This is off-topic of course. I just posted the article because I thought it was interesting to hear of MFG campers that I didn't know about. Imagine if the Happier Campers approach were taken to larger campers!

/Mr Lynn
__________________
"The Molded Fiberglass Obsession"—From a Pickup Cap to a Casita

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:33 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Are you a moderator/administrator? Why not put out a call for some IT/Web Design folks who can tell you how to edit the Home page? It can't be rocket science.
Once upon a time I was a moderator, then an administrator here on FiberglassRV. No more, just a member.

Since this is now a for-profit website, I'm sure Social Knowledge is handling this site just the way they prefer. They own more than 50 web forums.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:49 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Mr Lynn's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Posts: 325
I wasn't aware that this forum was owned by a. . . forum conglomerate?

Anyway, there are presumably moderators. Perhaps one could tell us whether it's possible to edit the Home page of this forum, to include more MFG manufacturers (past and present). It seems unlikely that any page is fixed in stone; maybe it just takes someone to assume the role (and responsibility) of editor.

/Mr Lynn
__________________
"The Molded Fiberglass Obsession"—From a Pickup Cap to a Casita

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 4,367
I presume, Mr. Lynn, you are volunteering?z
__________________

__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
States require you to register car/trailer in that state if there more than 30 days Ransom Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer 32 09-20-2016 08:03 AM
Separate Bedrooms/Separate Campers---doesnt get much better than this! Vickie B. General Chat 5 09-02-2013 10:49 AM
There are more important things than winning Donna D. General Chat 2 02-20-2009 10:35 AM
I wish I knew more... Matt O'Bryan General Chat 2 02-16-2007 02:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.