There is nothing cuter than - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #15

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Hey Gina, beautiful puppy! Beagles are sooooo cute!
Beagles are one of my favorite dogs. My preference are Maltese, Beagle and Redbone. My dad was a hunter and I love those hunting dogs with the longer ears. We always had Beagles until a few yrs ago. I do miss having one around the place. Ours usually lived to about 17 or 18 yrs of age. They make great family pets. Thanks for sharing the pictures of all your doggies. I love doggie pictures. Hope you sleep tonight. :-)

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Quote:
The old girls camping days are coming to an end, it takes too much out of her. She won't go on anything longer than a weekend trip anymore.

sigh
I know exactly what you mean. My "Little Old Man" turned 16 in September and he's finding it tough just to take a walk around the block with the other dogs. He routinely gets his Trader Joe's glucosamine with chondroitin and the occassional Rimadyl on really bad days. It helps. I carry him up and down the stairs and he whines if the other guys are upstairs with me and he has been left out (usually because he was sound asleep on the hearth.) His paw pads are delicate and gravel roads are painful for him, so I bought him a little red wagon with side-slats and a custom cushion to pull him around campgrounds. It's hard to watch him decline but I treasure each day I have with him and relish inventing new ways to make him more comfortable. But he still hollars when the cat touches him and gives a short chase so there's still some onery in him. Yeah. . . I love old dogs.

One of these days the boys and I will make it up the mountain and see you and yours. Congratulations on your new addition. She's adorable!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #17

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Toooooooo Cute! A new fur baby! Enjoy! Robin
Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #18

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,

So now you have your first "child"! At least the sleepless nights should come to an end a little more rapidly than with a human child. Relieving the pup within 15 minutes after it has eaten will prevent experiencing many accidents, particularly since diapers don't work nearly as well as they do with human babies.
Congratulations,
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #19

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Gina,
I'm wondering how the pup and
'poopfest' are coming along?
The initial shock over yet? Any lab results?
Roy
Old 11-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #20

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Gina,

What a cute puppy. Look forward to meeting her at the Oregon Gathering.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #21

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Thx Joy and all.

Roy, she has done the food transition well, and so she is over that and other shocks.

Labs results were not a surprise, Tape, Round and Giardia. She had treatment # 2 yesterday but the "fest" was more managable because of the good food, her being more clear and me understanding better when it's time for "outside". She even went to the front door on her own today and scratched.. I ran with that one and let her out, she immediately did the deed in her isolation poop area, and we had a BIG party.

I am sure that was a fluke.. :-P
Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #22

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Question?
Being the hounds that they are, Do they sing for you yet?
The Howl-a-lou-ya Chorus
Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #23

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
LOL.

The puppy is learning to make "O's", so I suspect she will be a howler when she wants. She is actually very quiet. I have only heard her bark a few times, and that was when she is playing with the others. She does "O's" sometimes when she gets put in her pen, but they only happen for a few seconds. In the litter, the other 3 were yapping up a storm, and she was silent. One of my reasons for selecting her over the others.

She is being monitored by the neighbor who says she doesn't make a peep during the day. I may have gotten lucky with this one. Not all hounds are barkers or howlers, but, no question, Beagles do have a tendency to do this.

The adults... well, someone had the male debarked, so he can't howl and has made no mouth motions like he is.. and the female has never howled, but she is a barker under certain circumstances

My previous boy was a howler for sirens and he had quite the separation anxiety issue when I got him. Fortunately, he was young enough to work with and the behavior was corrected with much work.

The current male must have been a big problem, he is constantly "Squeaking", but since he doesn't have enough volume there to be a problem, I never even tried to correct it. It's very sad as the tone of a bark is meaningful, and I can't tell what he is "saying". I don't know if he is being aggressive or playful when he squeaks, I also don't know if he has been hurt. There was an accident with my trailer door slamming on his leg, and I could not hear him yelp. He also fell off the golf cart and got drug at full speed a few feet this summer, and he had his mouth open, but no noise came out.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #24

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
I am sure that was a fluke.. :-P
I hope you were referring to the event and not the worm.

If it was the event, I'm sure it is the start of good behavoir becoming the norm.
Keep on partying, it works.

At 10.5 months - we have no idea what our hounds O's are all about. Much harder to distinguish meaning than other dog sounds. I'm thinking it must be like the inflection of tone in the asian languages. If memory serves me correctly in the mandarin dialect; "Ho Ho" means very good with a rising tone and grandmother with a flat tone.

I wonder if Santa had a very good grandmother?