There is one less camper in the world today - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #41

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Yes, Beagles are special. Kitty was a true comedian. I swaer she would play tricks on you.. I know she liked to play Peek a Boo.. very strange for a dog.

I had to run an errand today, and when I got home, Sticky (The male) was anxiously waiting with tail going 90mph. He was so disappointed when I didn;'t have her with me. He truly loves the puppy, and I am hoping she will help him through this time. In fact, I knew this would happen and thats part of the reason I got her.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #42

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Awww, Gina, I'm sorry to hear about Kitty. She sure was lucky to have you as family though; I don't see how she could have done any better.

My pup is pretty much my only family and he's nearly 16. I know I'm going to have to face this too, and I just can't imagine it. He and I have been a team for so long now.

Here's to Kitty romping and playing in the land of endless green fields and very slow squirrels. Back to her frisky, puppy self. I'm sure she's thinking of you.

Raya

PS: I've been travelling the past couple of days and had stopped at a public wi-fi spot, so I took a quick peek at FGRV. I had to kind of duck my head and walk out quickly -- I just couldn't keep from tearing up while thinking about you and Kitty.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #43

Trailer: 2004 Scamp 13 ft
I'm so sorry for both of your losses Gina and Ron. It's so sad to part with a beloved companion. There's nothing like the unconditional love of an animal. I don't post much, but read often and wanted to express my sympathy.
Cheryl C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #44

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Sorry for your loss. We had to put our two to rest last spring. Like I was told, they were thankful for the extra time and love that we gave them. Replaced them with 3 little cats...
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #45

Trailer: Boler
Sorry to hear of your loss. I have a few pets that I have buried in the back part of our place. I does not get any easier. It's always a big loss out of your life.

I've found, though, a kind of silver lining from these experiences. It's seeing how closely your remaining pets are keyed into your well being. They sense your distress and know that things are not the same. Your buddies get closer to you and the bond grows stronger than ever.

Here's wishing you and yours well being.

jbandersen
jamesbandersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #46

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
I wish to add my condolences. Even though we are strangers I know exactly what and how you feel.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #47

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Oh Gina, what a big empty place there is in your life and your Egg just now. Tho' saying goodbye is the toughest thing, after all the years of love, joy & protection, we owe each of our fur-kids a dignified and peaceful end, as you and others have written.

Kitty was surely one-in-a-million and we, too, pray your memories and the other 2 pups will help get you thru. Hugs from the Geezers, and Ms. Minnie, too.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #48

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
One more heartfelt candle lit for your sweet dog. We know only too well how terribly painful it is to lose a doggy buddy. And it takes time to grieve - hope you and your other two beagles take some special walks, do some special trips and treat yourself gently. Only when a pet is gone and we sense that void does their omnipresence become so obvious, catching yourself thinking you feel their presence, see them out of the corner of your eye, hear them though they aren't there. They live on in so many ways, Kitty's spirit will still be with you

Penney & Mike

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #49

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Gina,

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Kitty. I have helped several of my pets cross over the bridge and anticipate the need to help my 16+ year old pup, Jesse, sometime in the near future. A friend sent me this card after I had to put Max, the cat, down after a long battle with lymphoma. Although we have never met, you and I have shared our love for our pets many times on this forum and I recognize you as a kindred spirit in this regard. I kept the card for times like these when someone else might receive some comfort from its' message. I hope it helps.

My deepest sympathies,
Lisa

A Simple Message From Your Pet
By Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell is better that to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and
returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these I am grateful and thankful.
I ask that you grieve not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives.

My life was fuller because you were there, not as an owner, but as my friend.
Today, I am as I was in my youth.
The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and
the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
I can run, jump and play and do all of the things that I did in my youth.
These is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.
We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
You live in our hearts as we do in yours.
Companions such as you are very rare and unique.
Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.
Give it to another like me and then I will live forever.
For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your pet in heaven.
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #50

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Gina and Ron,

I lost my Doberman, Domino, of twelve years last Feb, and than a rescue Basset, Bessie, in September, after only two wonderful years, quite suddenly. Domino had bone cancer, and stepped off of her futon, and her shoulder broken in half. The vet said that she was in so much pain, that there wasn't much hope. We put her down, only to hear about a lady at work whose dog also had bone cancer, and was put on a miracle treatment. They amputated her leg, and put her on chemo. She lived 6 more months, only to have to be put down as a result of a relapse. Bessie was the light of my life. She harrassed all my family members, was jealous of my husband, demanded to always sit by me...she was...one of a kind. I took her to the vets when she acted like she had the flu. She was 6, in the past ate a rock, and had surgery, so I asked for an x-ray to make sure that that wasn't the case. She didn't, was better in the afternoon, and died that night in the hospital. They didn't do a barium x-ray, and she had a blockage from her previous surgery in her intestine.

I read all the kind notes here, and ended up with tears in my eyes. I have children, and love them all dearly. However, the dogs...once they are house broken... don't ask for anything but your love. They give you adoration and acceptance, they don't yell at you if you don't meet their expectations...they don't go to the principals office, or walk away from you if you don't give them what they want.

Kids or no kids...the unconditional love a dog gives is hard to lose.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #51

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Crap, I'm crying.

This really got to me Lisa:
By Ken D. Conover
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #52

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Crap, I'm crying.

This really got to me Lisa:
By Ken D. Conover
I am sorry I have to take this opportunity to plug my special place.
The reason we moved to Kanab was because of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary where I still volunteer regularly (occasionally?). Best Friends is by far the largest no-kill animal sanctuary in the world.
If you ever watch the show "dog town" on national geographic channel it is filmed right here in my town at my favorite place. The tv show was so successful that NG has produced three more since the original. I know these people.. so thrilling.

So

Please rescue if you feel the need to add a new animal spirit to your clan. These dogs and cats were facing death before being cuddled by Best Fiends. If you have recently lost a close animal friend please consider calling them for an adoption. It you do adopt dinner in Kanab is on me!

ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #53

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yes, Lisa.. thank you. That is one I have not read before, and it is beautiful.

I have been sent "The Rainbow Bridge" a dozen times this week.. I still can not read it now, tho I have sent it to many others in the past. I can't see to type it... and rarely have.

I have the 3 left, and the youngest was purchased for just this time. (Sorry Ron, I know the plight and totally agree.. ALL my animals have been rescues but this pup.. BUT there are a variety of reasons on several levels I bought from a breeder this time.. please trust this was for the betterment of those I already had)

I take joy in the relationship my remaining 2 have with each other, they are the love of the century.. exactly what I had hoped to help ease the older male through this time.

And he is doing far better, and seems very active already. I am positive Kitty does not mind. She is with the love of her life now.. I expect he was at the bridge waiting for her since he got there 5 years ago.

These two don't even know I exist.. except at dinner time

Attached Thumbnails
oldpuppylove.jpg  
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #54

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
To Gina, Ron, and all that have lost furry critters over the yrs. SORRY FOR THE LOSS!
It seems like it never gets easier. I have lost a number over the yrs as I am "mature" to say the least LOL.
Beagles have always been my favorite dog from child hood. Love them dogs, and miss them so much. I still think of ones that I had a special part in making their lives a little happier way back when. They are long gone over the rainbow bridge but forever in my heart.
I still shed tears over little 3 lb Nicky (Maltese) that went to doggie heaven along with his Auntie Sondra last yr. Not a day goes by that those departed dogs are not thought about.
Our furry critters give more love than humans. They are unconditionally there, happy and glad to see us. Maybe that is why their name is GOD spelled backwards. GOD - DOG
If true that they will be there to meet us in Heaven, some of us will get stampeeded by the rush of happy dogs coming to greet us.
I look forward to being united with them all.
I could not even finish reading that poem :-( Will do so later.
Gina, I connected to you right away------------Beagles. My favorite of all the shedding breeds. Ron, Sorry for your loss also, they get old to quickly.Dogs sure are great to have around for as long as we have them.
Again, sorry for your loss!

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #55

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Oh Gina, I am so sorry to read about your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a dog who is so close to your heart and how very much she meant to you. Hang in there.
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #56

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Ron - thank you for the reminder about Best Friends Sanctuary. A friend used to volunteer there on occasion - it is a wonderful place! Thanx, too, for A Schweitzer's lovely poem.

Our condolences on losing Misty - hope you find healing for the grief in happy memories. L 'n D
Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #57

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
HeartBar won't be the same this summer and Destiny will sure miss Kitty!
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #58

Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
Dear Gina, There may be one less camper here on Earth but there's one more in heaven. Sorry for your loss. rb
Rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #59

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry
Gina I am so sorry to hear of your loss.Sending a beloved pet to the Bridge when the time comes is one of the hardest things we will ever do.It is also the one last gift of love we can give to those that love us so unconditionally.
Pat C is offline   Reply With Quote