They're Everywhere... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2003, 04:25 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
They're Everywhere...

On our trip to Backus, MN to pick up our new Scamp 5er we saw several FBG rigs. Tried to put down descriptions so I could share with you. We waved at everyone possible but since we were without our egg I'm sure you all were wondering who those crazy people were that were waving their arms at you. So here's a long list and if you recognize your rig or the location a hearty hello from us to you.

Near LaSalle-Peru, IL on 8/2/03 16 Scamp/older gray auto
Near Rockton Rd in IL 16/17 Casita heading south on 51 8/2/03
Parked At River Road CG near Hayward, WI 13' Scamp on 8/3/03
Parked in yard on Hwy 13 near Washburn, WI 16' Scamp 8/3/03
Red Cliff, WI in parking lot 13 Scamp/white PU with map 8/3/03
Hwy 13 & Cnty O near Superior, WI in the yard of a yellow farm
house Scamp 13 with white sport side PU 8/3/03
In Superior, WI on Hwy 2/53 Scamp 13' /terra cotta car 8/3/03
Pine Mntn CG Backus, MN new owner Jim and his 13' Scamp right
next to our new 5er - both picked up the same day at Backus -
referred him to this website for help, info, chats 8/5-6/03
I 74 in IL west of Bloomington 17' Casita/red and black jeep 8/10/03

Now today I had the pleasure of seeing a 16/17 Casita pulled by a gray van going right past me on Hwy 121 south in Mt Zion (Decatur) IL while I was waiting at the stoplight to turn the corner to go to my house just a block and a half away. Gawked at you and should have waved but I was so pleased to see you so near my home that i just sat there. Thought about waving you down and having you come by to see our new rig but thought you might think me crazy. If you come back north on 121 and stop near 121 and Ashland/Wildwood intersection hang a left and come on down Wildwood about 1 1/2 blocks to see our new 5er. She's parked out front and we'll gladly show her off. Sorry for the length of this but I'm so excited now that I'm eggspotting along with everyone else and I hope I havn't invaded anyone's privacy!!!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 04:37 PM   #2

spotted a few on the way myself

Neighbor around the corner just painted his U haul to match his jeep nice copper color . need to stop in someday and introduce myself.
3 scamps and something iam not sure what it was across the divide on intestate 95. the unkown was big looked about 20 foot was old glass brown and white in color . thats the one of the many trobles with the intestate they gone before you see em .
hugs:cheers

Old 08-18-2003, 04:53 PM   #3

I can smell the Beans

:wave

Hey Debbie,

I'm originally from Decatur and my Father (God rest his soul) worked at Staleys for 45 years. How well I remember the smell of Beans burning. We used to say ,"old man Staley has his feet out the window again,".

I moved to Lincoln, IL in 63 and out to God's country (Colorado) in 1987. Yes, little Debbie, there is life after Decatur. Just kidding, it's a great place to be from :E :E .

My Daughter and her Husband are still there and when we get back that way again, I'll slide the Tahoe and 17 footer by your house for a chat. Certainly, if you're out this way, give a yell.

Just had to ''touch'' another Decaturite. Enjoy your Egg. We sure like ours.

Regards,

Old 08-18-2003, 05:42 PM   #4

>>Near Rockton Rd in IL 16/17 Casita heading south on 51 8/2/03

That was me! We were running to Illinois Beach State Park.

I've also been to Mt Zion ... pulling with a grey Suburban ... but not on the 15th.

We will be at Forest Bo Woods campground, ( Army Corp of Engineers ) near Decatur, on Lake Shelbyville for the three day Labor Day weekend ... visiting our son, who lives on Baker Woods Court, in Decatur (near the airport, off 121 ... isn't that technically Mt. Zion?).

Old 08-18-2003, 09:32 PM   #5

Ahhh yes - that smell...

Yes Keith that smell is still here although in the Mt Zion area we seldom have to deal with it. Location is everything when the wind blows the smells around. But after living in oil country in west Texas I would be hard pressed to tell you which is worse!:o But I am not from here originally. I grew up in a small town northeast of here near Gibson City (Elliott to be specific). Come to think of it Gibson City could rival Decatur when the bean plant there was cranked up to full speed. It is a unique bouquet unto itself.

Old 08-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #6

Glad I got to "see" you

:wave I'm glad I saw you even though it was just in passing. I had so much fun looking for fellow eggers on our trip but my biggest problem so far is that I get so excited about spotting one that I forget to look at the vehicle, the people and anything else that I can further identify folks with. I can't wait to get out more with our rig and get reactions from others too.

As to Baker's Woods it is actually Decatur. I believe it is Mt Zion school district though. However those of us that live around this area refer to the Walmart and other stores in that area as well as the airport as being in Mt Zion - wishful thinking. And like I said before to everyone else if you get down this way to visit the family or you're passing by here and have the time please don't hesitate to stop by and introduce yourself. We'd be happy to meet and chat with you and to show off our new rig.

Old 08-19-2003, 03:26 PM   #7

About a week ago, up the road to So Mineral CG in Silverton CO, there were two Scamps in the CG (one was the RatHaus, of course), plus a Perris Pacer and a Trillium in the dispersed camping. In town, I have seen several Scamps and Casitas, plus two Burros with Texas tags.

Pete in the RatHaus

Old 08-19-2003, 06:19 PM   #8

other eggs

july 10 hwy 50 about 40 miles east of nevada , casita, east bound. a single guy?

Old 08-19-2003, 08:20 PM   #9

We've only had our Boler for a few months, but have already logged several thousand miles in western Canada...each time we hit the highway we have a "Spot the Boler" contest. I think my highest score was 7 units on one trip, and that's not even counting Trills and BigFeet.

At least once every trip we see a street rod pulling a Boler with a matching paint scheme going to opposite way. I always feel like turning around and flagging them down to snap a picture to add to my Website Collection.

Those car club guys sure do love the little FGTT's :wub

Mike

Old 08-20-2003, 05:24 PM   #10

Eggs on the 101 8/12 - 8/19

We recently drove north to San Francisco and back on the 101.

On Wednesday, 8/12 while heading north our Trillium 4500 was passed by a Trillium 1300 near Gilroy. It looked like a pretty nice one...their lettering was not all crummy-cracked like ours!

On one of the streets that backs up to the hills in Milpitas we saw a nice looking Boler in a driveway. We were too shy to leave a card...

Now that we're home we'd love to know who owns these "passing ships".

And on the way back we camped just off the 101 at a county park in San Louis Obispo and parked next to a very nice couple with a Burro and a brown dog.

Funny how eggs are everywhere when you look for them!

Old 08-20-2003, 05:26 PM   #11

hummmm do i see and egg hunt in the future

just kidding but sound like a lot of fun too . run it like a gps hunt
:cheers