This forum... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
This forum...

Is great! When I read the nearest large city newspaper online, there are comments posted. It's hard to believe the vitriol spewed back & forth the posters when they disagree. I'm so impressed with the friendliness and readiness of you all to help others. Best of the forums that I go to. Will there be another gathering next summer in Colorado or is it too early? I'd love to go to the one at Camp Hale but that's the week we have our three grandkids. Thanks for being here. We're taking our Egg Camper on the afternoon of the 4th and going to Traverse City, MI state park for a few days (I think there ought to be spaces available, I hope).
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
When I read the nearest large city newspaper online, there are comments posted. It's hard to believe the vitriol spewed back & forth the posters when they disagree. I'm so impressed with the friendliness and readiness of you all to help others.
We moderators and administrators work to keep it that way.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #3

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I find that unmoderated forums get really toxic - it's kind of terrible.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Certainly praise goes to the moderators, (not counting me because I'm too new). Equally praise goes to the members. I find RVers generally be considerate people. In part our lifestyle requires it, the close quarters and all.

Over our time as RVers we have found that RV couples actually like each other, sometimes more important than loving each other. I believe the quality of the people on the forum has a great deal to do with the forum's success.

One real difficulty is that it's always written, no face to face, and sometimes this leads to crisp and not well thoughtout responses. I know I've done it myself and a moderator at least on one occasion pointed it out to me. WHen I reread the post I saw that I could have been more considerate with my response and could have created a better tone.

Life is about learning and making good choices. (Making good choices - I've been to my young nieces gymnastic classes and the teacher talks to these very little kids about making good choices. How wonderful)

I believe the group is doing well. Our purpose is to share and in the process become better RVers enjoying our life style as much as possible.

A joyous 4th to all, we are blessed that someone in our family choose to come to North America,
Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
This is one of the best -- if not best -- forums I have ever seen. I belong to a couple of retriever training forums that are just awfully unfriendly. I find myself logging on here several times a day!

All of the moderators do a terrific job of keeping things friendly, on topic, and informative. I often find myself sending PMs to either Frederick or Donna asking them to take a look at my thread because I know they will add pertinent info and links to whatever technical questions I am posing.

If I have problem, I search this forum's archives first. I cannot begin to thank all of the posters for their thoughtful and valuable ideas and pictures.

Finding this forum became a major motivation for my eventual purchase of a Bigfoot (as opposed to a Casita or Scamp), as it opened my eyes to the fact that there are lots of great options in the world of molded fiberglass trailers.

My only regret is schedule conflicts which prevent me from attending Rally's. I'd love to meet the people behind so many great posts!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks everybody. It's nice to hear people like what we do. Sometimes it's hard to balance everything... and I agree with Norm, this is an awfully nice "community" of people!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
I agree - RV'ers are the nicest folks and this is a wonderful community. One of the coolest aspects is that members take the time to help others. Members also help out the site team by using the report post button where there seems to be an issue that requires some attention. Keep the good vibe going
Old 07-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #8

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Agree with all that has been said... over the years I have both RECEIVED as well as (hopefully) assisted other folks. It is a GREAT forum
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote