This is getting out of hand. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #21

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Do you think any of those over rich people ever Boondocked in a state park? NOT.
Why does that make them bad? I'm puzzeled by your apparent hatred.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #22

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Do you actually think anyone should have, or is worth that kind of money? If so then we should no longer converse. Do you ever stop to think how many hungry people could be fed with the money those people waste every day? Have you ever thought about the homeless people that don't get to watch the 1/2 hr sitcom where the star just banked another million $'s, Yeah I'm angry I spent a lot of my life away from my family trying to make a living and the over rich spend more on dinner than a normal hard working real person makes in a week. EAT THE RICH!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:35 PM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Every single person has been given the same 24 hours a day. No one gets more. How you spend that 24 hours a day, whether it's sleeping or getting an education or working is up to you. Each one of us could have CHOSEN to go into a profession that could reap us millions. Most do not. It is what risks you're willing to take and hard you're willing to work in order to reach that money milestone. Most want it, but don't have the fortitude to go for it.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:34 PM   #24

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Quote:
Do you actually think anyone should have, or is worth that kind of money? If so then we should no longer converse. Do you ever stop to think how many hungry people could be fed with the money those people waste every day? Have you ever thought about the homeless people that don't get to watch the 1/2 hr sitcom where the star just banked another million $'s, Yeah I'm angry I spent a lot of my life away from my family trying to make a living and the over rich spend more on dinner than a normal hard working real person makes in a week. EAT THE RICH!

Thanks Greg - you've made yourself perfectly clear
Old 03-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
De Niro earned a spot on Barron's list of top philanthropists for 2010 for his work on the post 9-11 TriBeCa Film Festival, facilitating and celebrating "cooperation and rebuilding in Manhattan's Tribeca...in a striking case of art spurring economic the development, the first festival, in 2003, generated an estimated $50 million for local merchants. The event has now drawn 2.3 million moviegoers to the downtown neighborhood."

Maybe his monster RV had a use after all?

The World's Top 25 Philanthropists -- Barron's Ranking Based on Impact - Barrons.com (see #14)

Regards,

Matt
Old 03-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool Would YOU work for free?

Quote:
maybe they should pay more, then Cali wouldn't be broke. You know people out there that are doing 1/2 hr sitcoms for 1 million an episode, they should pay it all.
That is a good idea! We'll begin with you. YOU will work for free from now on.

Yes, stars make a lot of money. But consider what they give up, their privacy. They need money in order to afford to go to places where dorks like us won't mob them every minute, "Oh, Mr DeNiro, I LOVED you in your last movie!" etc. Plus the number of 'normal' happy marriages, lives, etc lived by them is mighty low. I think they give up a lot for their 'craft'. Would you enjoy doing a job where someone else is watching your every move and criticizing you? Doing the same thing over and over "until you get it right?"

"If all the world's problems were placed in a big pile, we would each rush to retreive our own."

If you think that you can be made happy from something external to yourself, understand why you are so miserable.

Stop going to movies or buying DVDs.

BTW 1/2 hr sitcoms are not filmed in 1/2 hour.
Friends - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #27

Paul Newman has been quoted as saying he quit giving out his autograph when he was standing at a urinal and someone asked for an autograph. I can't even think of a word to describe that.... money and fame come at a price most aren't willing to pay.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #28

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I agree with Greg,
I worked harder in my life than my boss ever did. He is the multi millionaire because he and his wife hired what he called "low life scum" and paid them next to nothing to do their dirty work. Hey I was lucky, I made an extra $1.00 an hour than those low life scum.
I for one am jealous (SORRY) as I would love to be out there with that big RV and never have to worry about the price of gas. Those rich people can not ever relate to us normal working folks. Yep, let them get us all out of debt with the taxes, as they would not even miss it.
Enough said, Hope I didn't over step my boundry and big mouth here. If so, just deleate this post.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #29

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Every single person has been given the same 24 hours a day. No one gets more. How you spend that 24 hours a day, whether it's sleeping or getting an education or working is up to you. Each one of us could have CHOSEN to go into a profession that could reap us millions. Most do not. It is what risks you're willing to take and hard you're willing to work in order to reach that money milestone. Most want it, but don't have the fortitude to go for it.
Very well said and I couldn't agree more. Thanks, Donna D.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #30

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
OK everyone, let's step in a little closer to the nice warm campfire . . . take a deep breath . . . "Kumbaya . . . . . ."

Ahhhhh, much better, now.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
OK everyone, let's step in a little closer to the nice warm campfire . . . take a deep breath . . . "Kumbaya . . . . . ."

Reality check, I like it!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I guess if you would explain what "Eat the Rich" means I may be more happy around that campfire. When I see some of my rich friends I want to thank them for paying most of the bills for this country. I wish there were more rich people in the USA. I wish I could have been one.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #33

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
I agree with Greg,
I worked harder in my life than my boss ever did. He is the multi millionaire because he and his wife hired what he called "low life scum" and paid them next to nothing to do their dirty work. Hey I was lucky, I made an extra $1.00 an hour than those low life scum.
I for one am jealous (SORRY) as I would love to be out there with that big RV and never have to worry about the price of gas. Those rich people can not ever relate to us normal working folks. Yep, let them get us all out of debt with the taxes, as they would not even miss it.
Enough said, Hope I didn't over step my boundry and big mouth here. If so, just deleate this post.
I like you, you are a real person unlike some others.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #34

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
That is a good idea! We'll begin with you. YOU will work for free from now on.

Yes, stars make a lot of money. But consider what they give up, their privacy. They need money in order to afford to go to places where dorks like us won't mob them every minute, "Oh, Mr DeNiro, I LOVED you in your last movie!" etc. Plus the number of 'normal' happy marriages, lives, etc lived by them is mighty low. I think they give up a lot for their 'craft'. Would you enjoy doing a job where someone else is watching your every move and criticizing you? Doing the same thing over and over "until you get it right?"

"If all the world's problems were placed in a big pile, we would each rush to retreive our own."

If you think that you can be made happy from something external to yourself, understand why you are so miserable.

Stop going to movies or buying DVDs.

BTW 1/2 hr sitcoms are not filmed in 1/2 hour.
Friends - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Do you actually think being an actor is work? Ok then what about a Pro basketball player, oh I hurt my finger, I can't play today but I'll still expect my 6 figures to sit here on the bench.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #35

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
I guess if you would explain what "Eat the Rich" means I may be more happy around that campfire. When I see some of my rich friends I want to thank them for paying most of the bills for this country. I wish there were more rich people in the USA. I wish I could have been one.
" Eat the rich" Is a song title, a couple of rock bands have different versions of the song. If one day at the campfire some strange looking folks come out of the woods and eat your rich friends, Oh well. Then you'll understand
Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #36

Quote:
" Eat the rich" Is a song title, a couple of rock bands have different versions of the song. If one day at the campfire some strange looking folks come out of the woods and eat your rich friends, Oh well. Then you'll understand
Wow, you really cleared that "Eat the rich" question up. Now when the Rich are all eaten I am sure we can depend on you and all of your friends to pay the bills. I feel better all ready. Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #37

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
Wow, you really cleared that "Eat the rich" question up. Now when the Rich are all eaten I am sure we can depend on you and all of your friends to pay the bills. I feel better all ready. Thanks again.
Whatever Atlanta, what do you spend on rent in that big city now? Me and my friends wouldn't help you because you probably can't help yourself. Go hang out with your rich buds then when it gets really bad see where your left, hungry, cold, eating from a dumpster because the rich will not care about you.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #38

I think it's time to stop the nonsense... don't you? I find I can't miss what I've never had.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 PM   #39

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think it's time to stop the nonsense... don't you?
I think this discussion has run it's course.