This is getting out of hand. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
"eat the rich"
That might be a bad idea considering that in California the rich pay 45% of all personal income taxes collected.

Shouldn't that thing have outriggers?
Attached Thumbnails
RV-AC192B_RICHT_G_20110325183327.jpg  
__________________

__________________
Peter_Crowl is offline  
Old 03-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Crowl View Post
That might be a bad idea considering that in California the rich pay 45% of all personal income taxes collected.

Shouldn't that thing have outriggers?
maybe they should pay more, then Cali wouldn't be broke. You know people out there that are doing 1/2 hr sitcoms for 1 million an episode, they should pay it all.
__________________

__________________
Greg H is offline  
Old 03-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Yup but think on all the people who are employeed by that 1/2 hour sitcom and spending what they make. ;-)
__________________
Carol H is offline  
Old 03-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
Member
 
Name: Julie
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 and 1985 Scamp 16
Nebraska
Posts: 43
Registry
I remember seeing this on a TV special a few years ago and remembered it was owned by Robert De Niro. I googled it and found several articles about it. Here are a few:

10 Famous People Who Love RVs

10 Famous People Who Love RVs

Recreational Vehicles are not just the favorite means of travel and living for the average Joe. However, in recent years, a number of celebrities have fallen in love with the freedom provided by RVs. Touted as the perfect home away from home, more and more famous people are queuing up to nab an RV.
Here are some of the big names involved.
8. Robert De Niro

Whilst comfort is key for a number of stars, many also prefer RVs because of its convenience in different work situations. Hollywood star Robert De Niro is one such RV owner. His $2 million motor coach has made headlines because of its lavish amenities but it has also served useful for his particular profession.
Thus, his three-story motorhome doubles as a makeup room and dressing area as well as being capable of housing close to 30 people. Of course, there are a number of fancy features that are present as a bit of luxurious indulgence like the 11 plasma televisions and climate control system.

Wheel Life: Robert De Niro's motor coach hit of Pennsylvania RV show

Robert De Niro's motor coach hit of Pennsylvania RV show

Robert De Niro’s luxury $2 million dollar motor coach was the hit of the 38th annual Pennsylvania R.V. and Camping Show in Hershey, Penn.

In a New York Times article, Cindy Price writes: "Mr. De Niro’s unusual vehicle is a tractor-trailer designed as a two-story moving makeup, wardrobe and dressing room with room enough for 30 people to view daily footage during the shooting of a movie."

"De Niro uses his R.V., which has a retractable second floor, a winding staircase, a pull-out bed and 11 plasma televisions — for film shoots. Ron Anderson, whose company, Anderson Mobile Estates, designed the vehicle, said it has also frequently been used by other stars, including Mariah Carey, Will Smith and Vin Diesel. The cast of “American Idol” recently sat on the curved leather banquettes, and a few weeks ago Tyra Banks’s stilettos left dimples in the wood floor," writes Price.

Read more in "R.V. Shows: Over the Top and on the Road"

Image: FEATURE ATTRACTION Robert De Niro’s two-story R.V. made a stop in Hershey, Pa., on the R.V. show circuit. Taylor Umlauf for The New York Times.
__________________
Julie T. is offline  
Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #19
Member
 
Name: Julie
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 and 1985 Scamp 16
Nebraska
Posts: 43
Registry
Here's another one:

RVs in the News: Hollywood stars compete to build biggest RVs

Sunday, September 30, 2007 Hollywood stars compete to build biggest RVs

Hollywood stars are vying for more than Oscars these days. Some are duking it out to see who can build the biggest, baddest motorhome., Will Smith and Robert De Niro are among the big names that are building behemoth .

So far, De Niro is winning, with a three-story coach that's 1,192 feet of living space, complete with a super climate control system that can cool the inside to its optimal temperature within 15 minutes. Just about everything in the coach can operate by remote control including its 12 high definition TVs. When the star wants to screen a new film, he can invite his friends to the 30-seat home theatre.


Other celebs with super comfy coaches include Mariah Carey, Vin Diesel, Nicole Richie, Ice Cube . . . to name a few.

The interiors of each are plush, modeled after luxury yachts -- designed with each of their owners in mind. Smith's includes cowhide pillows, African masks and chessboards. And for when he wants to "make some music," there's a studio where he can do it while the kids stay occupied in their own playroom. Oh, yes, there's a dance floor, too.

Don't look for any of these rigs in your local National Forest campground.

Photos: Robert De Niro at the of an RV, and the inside of his luxury rig.
__________________
Julie T. is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie T. View Post
I remember seeing this on a TV special a few years ago and remembered it was owned by Robert De Niro. I googled it and found several articles about it. Here are a few:

10 Famous People Who Love RVs

10 Famous People Who Love RVs

Recreational Vehicles are not just the favorite means of travel and living for the average Joe. However, in recent years, a number of celebrities have fallen in love with the freedom provided by RVs. Touted as the perfect home away from home, more and more famous people are queuing up to nab an RV.
Here are some of the big names involved.
8. Robert De Niro

Whilst comfort is key for a number of stars, many also prefer RVs because of its convenience in different work situations. Hollywood star Robert De Niro is one such RV owner. His $2 million motor coach has made headlines because of its lavish amenities but it has also served useful for his particular profession.
Thus, his three-story motorhome doubles as a makeup room and dressing area as well as being capable of housing close to 30 people. Of course, there are a number of fancy features that are present as a bit of luxurious indulgence like the 11 plasma televisions and climate control system.

Wheel Life: Robert De Niro's motor coach hit of Pennsylvania RV show

Robert De Niro's motor coach hit of Pennsylvania RV show

Robert De Niro’s luxury $2 million dollar motor coach was the hit of the 38th annual Pennsylvania R.V. and Camping Show in Hershey, Penn.

In a New York Times article, Cindy Price writes: "Mr. De Niro’s unusual vehicle is a tractor-trailer designed as a two-story moving makeup, wardrobe and dressing room with room enough for 30 people to view daily footage during the shooting of a movie."

"De Niro uses his R.V., which has a retractable second floor, a winding staircase, a pull-out bed and 11 plasma televisions — for film shoots. Ron Anderson, whose company, Anderson Mobile Estates, designed the vehicle, said it has also frequently been used by other stars, including Mariah Carey, Will Smith and Vin Diesel. The cast of “American Idol” recently sat on the curved leather banquettes, and a few weeks ago Tyra Banks’s stilettos left dimples in the wood floor," writes Price.

Read more in "R.V. Shows: Over the Top and on the Road"

Image: FEATURE ATTRACTION Robert De Niro’s two-story R.V. made a stop in Hershey, Pa., on the R.V. show circuit. Taylor Umlauf for The New York Times.
Do you think any of those over rich people ever Boondocked in a state park? NOT.
__________________
Greg H is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 12:53 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Do you think any of those over rich people ever Boondocked in a state park? NOT.
Why does that make them bad? I'm puzzeled by your apparent hatred.
__________________
Peter_Crowl is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
Do you actually think anyone should have, or is worth that kind of money? If so then we should no longer converse. Do you ever stop to think how many hungry people could be fed with the money those people waste every day? Have you ever thought about the homeless people that don't get to watch the 1/2 hr sitcom where the star just banked another million $'s, Yeah I'm angry I spent a lot of my life away from my family trying to make a living and the over rich spend more on dinner than a normal hard working real person makes in a week. EAT THE RICH!
__________________
Greg H is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,434
Every single person has been given the same 24 hours a day. No one gets more. How you spend that 24 hours a day, whether it's sleeping or getting an education or working is up to you. Each one of us could have CHOSEN to go into a profession that could reap us millions. Most do not. It is what risks you're willing to take and hard you're willing to work in order to reach that money milestone. Most want it, but don't have the fortitude to go for it.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Do you actually think anyone should have, or is worth that kind of money? If so then we should no longer converse. Do you ever stop to think how many hungry people could be fed with the money those people waste every day? Have you ever thought about the homeless people that don't get to watch the 1/2 hr sitcom where the star just banked another million $'s, Yeah I'm angry I spent a lot of my life away from my family trying to make a living and the over rich spend more on dinner than a normal hard working real person makes in a week. EAT THE RICH!

Thanks Greg - you've made yourself perfectly clear
__________________
Peter_Crowl is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #25
Moderator
 
Matt in SV's Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Posts: 987
Registry
De Niro earned a spot on Barron's list of top philanthropists for 2010 for his work on the post 9-11 TriBeCa Film Festival, facilitating and celebrating "cooperation and rebuilding in Manhattan's Tribeca...in a striking case of art spurring economic the development, the first festival, in 2003, generated an estimated $50 million for local merchants. The event has now drawn 2.3 million moviegoers to the downtown neighborhood."

Maybe his monster RV had a use after all?

The World's Top 25 Philanthropists -- Barron's Ranking Based on Impact - Barrons.com (see #14)

Regards,

Matt
__________________
Planning our next Escape!
Matt in SV is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Roger C H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Posts: 2,172
Registry
Cool Would YOU work for free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
maybe they should pay more, then Cali wouldn't be broke. You know people out there that are doing 1/2 hr sitcoms for 1 million an episode, they should pay it all.
That is a good idea! We'll begin with you. YOU will work for free from now on.

Yes, stars make a lot of money. But consider what they give up, their privacy. They need money in order to afford to go to places where dorks like us won't mob them every minute, "Oh, Mr DeNiro, I LOVED you in your last movie!" etc. Plus the number of 'normal' happy marriages, lives, etc lived by them is mighty low. I think they give up a lot for their 'craft'. Would you enjoy doing a job where someone else is watching your every move and criticizing you? Doing the same thing over and over "until you get it right?"

"If all the world's problems were placed in a big pile, we would each rush to retreive our own."

If you think that you can be made happy from something external to yourself, understand why you are so miserable.

Stop going to movies or buying DVDs.

BTW 1/2 hr sitcoms are not filmed in 1/2 hour.
Friends - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,434
Paul Newman has been quoted as saying he quit giving out his autograph when he was standing at a urinal and someone asked for an autograph. I can't even think of a word to describe that.... money and fame come at a price most aren't willing to pay.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Karalyn's Avatar
 
Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Posts: 844
I agree with Greg,
I worked harder in my life than my boss ever did. He is the multi millionaire because he and his wife hired what he called "low life scum" and paid them next to nothing to do their dirty work. Hey I was lucky, I made an extra $1.00 an hour than those low life scum.
I for one am jealous (SORRY) as I would love to be out there with that big RV and never have to worry about the price of gas. Those rich people can not ever relate to us normal working folks. Yep, let them get us all out of debt with the taxes, as they would not even miss it.
Enough said, Hope I didn't over step my boundry and big mouth here. If so, just deleate this post.
__________________

__________________
Karalyn is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Hand At A Restoration TerryV Modifications, Alterations and Updates 26 01-23-2011 07:01 PM
hand water pump Sharyl Allender Classified Archives 4 09-11-2010 04:20 PM
I'm hearing this second hand Doug Mager General Chat 17 12-19-2009 03:30 PM
Hand pumps anyone? francene Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 16 08-17-2009 10:20 PM
No more hand rocker pump.... kentj Modifications, Alterations and Updates 7 07-18-2008 02:15 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.