This MUST be the most unusual trailer I've ever seen! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #15
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The original Bombardier company has evolved into a transportation operation, primarily in trains and aircraft. Lear is no longer a competitor to Bombardier's Canadair aircraft: Bombardier bought Lear years ago. They eventually decided to get out of the business of snowmobiles and other recreational products, and the Bombardier family bought that division to revive it as Bombardier Recreational Products, which still produces Ski-Doos, among other motorized toys.

1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #16
Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Thanks Brian, great saved me the trouble......

Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:52 PM   #17
Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
These types of Bombadiers are still used for ice fishing on the larger lakes in Manitoba, mainly Lake Winnipeg......It`ll usually put a sleigh with the nets on it and have an auger mounted on the rear also to drill the holes for setting the fishing nets.....a small stove inside supplies the heat.......some of the fishermen graduated many years ago to using the Bombadier track tractors , i.e. J-2 type to pull the sleigh with the nets .....and many prior to that also used to use Ford Ferguson tractors with a half track mounted on it with an idler wheel ....there are till a lot of diehards around North of Winnipeg that still use the Bombadiers as they were/are the best for the purpose.....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:36 PM   #18
Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Yeah, it's a snowmobile.

The modern equivalent might be those tundra trucks in Churchill, Manitoba they use to do polar bear tours.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #19
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
They call them snowcoaches now, and use them in Yellowstone National Park in winter for transportation within the park, between Mammoth, Old Faithful, West Yellowstone...and smaller versions for coach tours.

Yellowstone in Winter

Yellowstone is a whole different world in winter. The campground at Mammoth is open all year, has the restrooms open, but no hook-ups. You would need lots of propane for heat....but what a place to be! You can also stay in the lodges. Cars can access Mammoth Hot Springs, to stay in the lodge there, then you snow coach to the other lodges within the park. It is very interesting to stay in the outlying cabins at Old Faithful, then ski into dinner at the lodge nightly.

Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote