This was a true team effort! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2017, 02:55 PM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
This was a true team effort!

Read this today---and it involved the Lance trailer community. This is a heartwarming story, to be sure.
And I know, deeply, that should anything like this situation arise within our own forum-family, we would all band together and offer a similar resolution!

From RV-travel newsletter:

"Full-time RVer and Lance Owners of America member, SiverHooligan (aka Catherine), had a minor car accident after which an unrelated medical situation caused her to have her driver’s license suspended over 1,000 miles from her next destination.
Making matters more complicated, Catherine had two dogs with her and her truck was totaled in the accident. She posted her situation on the LOA forum and asked for recommendations.
A few minutes later, the LOA community started working the problem. They discussed hiring RV moving companies but quickly determined they were too costly. They contacted Lance Campers to see if there was a possible backhaul, but there was not one available.
By that afternoon, something remarkable happened. LOA members started to volunteer to transport Catherine, her two dogs, and her Lance. By the next morning they were discussing the idea of breaking up the trip into segments and conducting a relay.
Over the next few days, the volunteers were signed up for the relay and LOA members devised a route to avoid potential winter weather issues. On the forum, volunteering members were listed with the routes they would drive. It was all coming together.
When the last legs of the relay were filled, and the timing around everyone’s schedules worked out, the beginning of the relay was planned for Thursday, February 2nd, 2017. Then the next wonderful chapter unfolded.
On February 1st, an LOA forum member suggested that the community could help fund the relay for gas and other expenses. A half hour later they launched a GoFundMe account, and the money started flowing in.
Between the LOA community and a donation by Lance Campers, the GoFundMe account eventually reached $1,250. That was more than enough to cover the fuel and other expenses for the volunteers.
Thanks to the LOA community, Catherine, her two dogs, and her Lance are now all safely delivered. This amazing event speaks volumes for the dedication and heart of the camping community, something many of us have witnessed and experienced first hand. Way to go LOA!"

Campers are good people. FGRV campers are exceptional people --after all, consider our good taste in trailers!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: theresa p...
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
And I know, deeply, that should anything like this situation arise within our own forum-family, we would all band together and offer a similar resolution!

Great story, thanks for sharing. On more than one occasion I've seen members here go above and beyond, so like you I'm sure the group would pitch in if the need arose.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
What a wonderful experience for all that were involved.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Great story. Always good to be reminded that in fact there is more goodness within people than bad, as the latter is usually the one that gets publicity.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:43 PM   #6

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
Awesome story.
A year ago I was in Florida with my two sisters and brothers-in -law and my one brother-in-law became ill and had to be hospitalized for an extended period. As we all know, campgrounds are pretty much booked in March so we were pretty much out of luck for a place to stay and be with them during this ordeal.
I posted the situation on this forum and the response was unbelievable. Many people gave very good advice and many offers to stay on their farms, driveways, front yards and so forth. I am still very grateful for all the help. My brother-in-law passed while we were there but we were able to get through it with the help of the folks on this forum. Many thanks, Charlie
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:05 PM   #7

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Yes, this IS a wonderful story. And the response from the Lance community was fantastic.

But even more compelling is Charlie's story. I am sorry for your loss, Charlie, but reading your post above warmed my heart and reaffirmed to me that the folks on this forum are compassionate, caring people.

Hats off to all those who offered assistance to Charlie in his family's time of need!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote