Thom and Cari's Parkliner - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #155

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
You may not be old enough to remember, but with all those cupboard doors standing open, I felt just like Andy Griffith in "No Time For Sergeants" when he got all the toilet seats in the latrine to pop to attention for the General.

No Time For Sergeants - Toilet Salute - YouTube

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #156

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Precisely! Thanks!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #157

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
You know...looking at it again, I'm thinkin' your solution is the one that works- the props both Glenn and I posted look like they're for doors that close flat on the frame surface...

Francesca
Yup. My doors do stand proud of the frame. I would think there is probably a version or installation technique for flush fitting doors though.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #158

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
You may not be old enough to remember...
well not when it was a new release anyway! i was only a year old...being the Sputnik Baby that i am.

Thanks for sharing the video, way funny.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #159

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
When I get ready to load my cupboards, I'll just ask Francesca to come over and hold the doors open for me. Problem solved! (although that solution might lead to other problems, like trying to explain to my wife...)
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #160

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
O.K...

But don't expect me to make 'em all salute at the same time!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #161

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
When I get ready to load my cupboards, I'll just ask Francesca to come over and hold the doors open for me. Problem solved! (although that solution might lead to other problems, like trying to explain to my wife...)
It shouldn't be to much of a problem....remember Francesca "might not " be real....after all she "has Never been sighted". Sooooo if you can't see her maybe the wife couldn't ether .Of course you might have to explain your way out of how you got the doors to stay open for you????

Although I do suspect that Francesca is Real...I mean after all someone using that name does have some very nice & helpful post....of course well you just never know for sure ...untill someone is sighted
Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #162

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Another simple prop is to use a spring mounted to the door and to the cabinet, all you do is open the door and the spring becomes a straight prop like the dowels, but when you want to shut the door, you just give the spring a little tap in the middle to bend/flex it and the weight of the door shuts it as the spring is now a "U" shape.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #163

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Another simple prop is to use a spring mounted to the door and to the cabinet...
THX David, i did see a post on that and even saved the images to my PC. When i visited HD to look for parts i priced things out and the springs we had available that i thought would be properly sized ended up being ~$3 each x 10 upper cabinets, plus epoxy to glue wood blocks to inside of fiberglass cabinetry/frame, plus wood put the project at around $40ish...so i stuck with the dowel idea. . . at ~$6ish.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #164

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Many thanks to Brian (PL#034) for doing the research on replacement LED bulbs for the interior lights in our Parkliners. Here are some images and captions. I really like the light of the LEDs, easy on the eyes for reading.

You will need six of these bulbs from dyersonline.com it took ~5 days from order to receiving them:

Here is what you will receive (All packs contain both dual pin and bayonet style adapters. The only bayonet style bulb is the one on the ceiling) :

Here is a comparison of bulbs outside of housing:

Here is a comparison of bulbs in use:

Cheers!
Thom
Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #165

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Brian, Nice job on your cabinets also, the camper looks great.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #166

Upstate New York
Registry
The great thing about this forum is the way people work together to find easier/better solutions for all of us. Thom has given me some great ideas, like the cabinet props. I'm just glad I was able to return the favor. I found a source for these lights when retrofitting our teardrop and really like the whiter color. If you and Rita had not been so hospitable, we would not have a ParkLiner sitting in our driveway now. Which I will start prepping (draining anti-freeze) tomorrow for the spring "Icebreaker" on Lake Ontario this coming weekend. It is so great to know that there is a history of of experience going back for decades on fiberglass RVs. If you need an answer to a question, someone has probably had the same problem and has a solution. What a great resource!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #167

Upstate New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Many thanks to Brian (PL#034) for doing the research on replacement LED bulbs for the interior lights in our Parkliners. Here are some images and captions. I really like the light of the LEDs, easy on the eyes for reading.
Thom, (PL#35)
Glad these worked out for you. We prefer the whiter color and were pleased with these when we retrofitted our teardrop. Should extend battery life considerably! We got the bulb and amber lens for the porch light, which I described to you previously. The lens was an exact replacement for the OEM clear lens and we are well pleased.

Have a great time at the NOG if anyone lets you have any spare time between tours. We are headed to Lake Ontario this weekend for a "Spring Icebreaker" and are looking forward to being on the road! Thanks for all the great photos. We hope to take a lot at the "Icebreaker" and will put them up next week.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #168

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

So today's project actually began last nite...

I filled the fresh tank with water and turned on the water pump, turned the kitchen faucet on and watched...as the sink filled up with water! Then, very slowly, over the next ~20 minutes i watched the water level go down until the sink was cleared of water. I knew something must be up. I remembered there was talk of a new style of P-Trap in the sink and i wondered if something was out of adjustment. Also knowing that the cooler would benefit from some more insulation i went ahead and removed the cooler. Here is a picture of the stock placement of the "HepvO" waterless P-Trap:

And while i was poking around i noticed that there was no cooler-frame-screw support wood on the right side of cooler like there was on the left side...so i epoxied some wood for support just in case.

So after some measurements and research on the HepvO and realizing that the flow rate could be improved typically by simply installing the HepvO from the stock horizontal position to an approved vertical placement i went to the plumbing store and picked up the appropriate parts (less than $11.00)...here is how it looks before placing cooler back in:

And here is a close up. It rests nicely on top of bubble foil insulation on top of cooler:

Last for this project is a close up of the grey tank inlet. As noted in image text i re-routed the flex tube and made it as efficient a path as possible:

That's it! Easy mod with really nice benefits. And the HepvO really works. It truly is a one way valve. No way smells or fluid is coming up that thing into sink/cabin!

Happy trails,
thom

Tags
parkliner