Thom and Cari's Parkliner - Page 13 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #169

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Exclamation

A post script on the above info on the kitchen sink mod...
Chandler did a great job researching how to work in so much into such a confined area (though it sure feels like the fourth dimension sitting inside!). There is only so much room inside cabinetry...and the typical RV P-Trap would not have worked in this design. So Chandler spent significantly more time/money putting in the HepvO trap to solve the space/ptrap issue.

I'm grateful for Chandlers creativity! I've spent nearly every afternoon inside #35 since it arrived. I LOVE just chilling out in it. Since i get WiFi from my Mobile Suite internet setup i just bring the netbook out, setup at the side dinette and enjoy the surroundings.

Cari & I are 100% happy with our choice to go with Parkliner. Never think that my tweaking here and there reflect negatively the rig...all of us have our little OCD moments and ideas...Thank goodness manufacturers don't have them !

Cheers,
Thom

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #170

Astoria Oregon
Registry
So i posted a side view of our van and trailer a page or two back:

You will notice that there is ~35 feet of gleeming white...that is how we like our rigs. The first thing off after driving home from any showroom is the brand-badging on the sides...only rear remain on tow vehicles or trailers. That's just the way we roll. It would not matter if the brand was Lamborghini...if there was a logo on the side it would come off. OCD LOL. De-badging on the side is NO reflection on Pride-Of-Ownership or lack thereof (which is definitely not the case with us...we are happy and proud owners of our two rigs and it shows in how we keep them up!)

So off came the side logos on the ParkLiner!

and then i added 3" silver numbers to proudly display our build number on the rear logo area:

On a silly note...I'm pleased with the stock white steel rims being a mini-version of the aftermarket rims we put on the van. I will be painting the PL wheels black and masking off the inner race of each rounded triangle and leaving that edge white...from afar we believe the two sets will closely match

Happy Trails,
Thom

Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #171

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I should probably warn you that those of us with X-ray vision can see that Oregon plate number, Thom...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #172

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Wink

LOL! Ya think?

i first started visiting vehicle related forums sometime around 2003?? I noticed that nearly every image that included a plate had it smudged out or hidden in some way...I suppose someone could do something with a plate online like research location/address...who knows. Anyway i've just always tried to make a habbit of doing the same.

I think i ordered a set of those xRay glasses when i was a kid. I was truly saddened to say that they did not work in the school yard
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #173

Registry
You must have gone to Catholic School where the girls were forbidden to wear patent leather shoes 'cause "the boys can see undies reflected in them". Naturally, the boys all sent away for X-ray vision glasses instead.

Public school boys labored under no such onerous regulations...

Francesca
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #174

Astoria Oregon
Registry
HaHa!
Where was i when those shiny shoes were around. Funny.

Public school for me, but i missed alot of Saturday morning cartoons because of catechism school! I do recall getting sent to some nun's office after dipping a girls hair in the ink well The super power i apparently needed was common sense.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #175

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
HaHa!
Where was i when those shiny shoes were around. Funny.
Since patent leather's still around, could it be that you were looking, shall we say "elsewhere" on the girls?

A prediction:
From this moment forward, you will not be able to stop yourself from looking at the feet of every woman you meet.
Better don a helmet for all the "upside yo' head" whacks you'll be getting from Cari!

Francesca
Sometimes I think I'm Evil Incarnate...other times I know for sure!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #176

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0
Manitoba
Thom or anyone else with a Parkliner

I'm new to FG RV Forums, we're looking and leaning toward an Escape but I just found out more about the Parkliner and I am intrigued. We're going to be visiting in Hope Mills NC next week, is it worth making a 2 hour trip up to Gibsonville to visit Parkliner? Who should I talk to there before heading up?

Adrian
Old 04-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #177

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Chandler is the owner, Cameron is the office guy now. I love my ParkLiner. Its my first caravan and I'm real happy I bought it. Second trip this coming weekend. Can't wait!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #178

Manitoba
Thanks Deryk

Think we'll make the trip then. We used to camp with a 13ft Gypsy - with five of us, so 15ft will seem roomy for only the two of us!

Any problems towing with a RAV4, we are going to have to get another vehicle once we buy a trailer.

Since you said "caravan" are you a Brit? I was but came to Canada 60 years ago in June at age 3.

Adrian
Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #179

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
The ParkLiner is a solid built fiberglass trailer...with the bunkbed option sleeps 4...and once the kids get big enough....happy birthday..here's a tent lol

I'm part British, but was born and raised here...caravan is really the appropriate word for them.. and I'm just odd that way. The rRav4 is ok but has a soft rear end I would go with something more solid and heavier built... works for me but I'm alone.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #180

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Greetings Adrian and welcome to the forums.

The Escape is a very nice trailer. High quality and nice looking.
For Cari and i, since nearly every trip sees rain no matter the season (we have two here in the Pacific Northwest... Rain, and Not So Much Rain
we had to look at a trailer that we could open up for ventilation rain or shine with jalousie (hinge from top) style windows. With Escape's standard slider fair-weather-windows we looked at other designs (they may have an option, but it was never mentioned as a positive in any of the correspondence).

Aesthetically we also did not want any primary furnishings/cupboards/walls made with wood or vinyl wrap. This ruled out such brands as the Escape. We had already decided to go fiberglass outer shell over bonded or aluminum skins...so we also began to narrow our search to those manufacturers that were utilizing primarily fiberglass interiors...such as the Casita, Scamp, TrilliumRV & Parkliner.

You can also contact Chandler or Cameron directly through their emails at _InsertTheirNameHere_ At Parkliner DotCom Cameron is easily reached and that is actually where i would begin contact...Chandler is mighty busy building trailers! But reachable...he returned a call last night from somewhere in the hills of NC after transporting a rig.

Best wishes on your hunt for a trailer.
Thom
Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #181

Astoria Oregon
Registry

"odd that way"

U R 1 Funny Guy deryk
Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #182

Manitoba
Thanks Thom, glad you replied, I really like the way your new PL looks from the pics in this thread. We'll go check them out. We're going to see an Escape 5.0 in Hope Mills and an Escape 19ft in PA on way home (home now is Southern On) but we're moving to Manitoba sometime this year and retiring. So we won't have rain and more rain like you, but snow and more snow, then lots of mosquitos in the summer but plan to travel a lot and see these great countries of ours. (There's someone I correspond with whom we've never met not far from you - in Washougal WA and I have a cousin in Seattle)

I'm now looking at going a bit smaller since with the PL we can leave the queen bed set up and have the two person diner which can become a couch and a berth for when we take our grandkids camping, plus I don't have to buy a huge tug.

You are right about the wood, I think I now prefer the more sleek look of just the wood doors (although Reace does a beautiful job on his Escape wooden cabinets).

Adrian

Tags
parkliner