Thom and Cari's Parkliner - Page 25 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #337

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
XANTREX LinkLITE monitor...

A note to self.

Parkliner had been plugged in for over a week and had been showing 13.2v float on voltage reading, 0.0 on Amp Draw, 100% remaining in bank.

Unplugged from 30amp service at 1200 Saturday June 22 2013 in prep for Sunday's departure. Meter reading off shore power:
13.1v
-0.1 amp draw
100% remaining in bank.

Will monitor daily while on adventure and post results after return home.

Thom

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #338

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

We arrived back home on the Oregon Coast mid-afternoon Friday June 28th. We had a great trip and I will be posting a trip report with some pictures over at Thom & Cari's Adventure Blog here at FGRV forums.

Notes on Xantrex monitor reading: From unhooking TV-power and setting up camp Sunday night through Friday morning when we broke camp and hooked up the power from TV we used a total of 20 amps out of the battery bank. We had our daughter visiting from California and she used the Parkliner as her bedroom/bath. During the trip we each took a shower mid-week (bilge pump use). Did misc hand washing etc in kitchen sink (water pump) and had several LED lights on during our evening chill time. All electronics which included a Laptop, 3 android phones (no cell service but still used them for various tasks), a 10" android tablet, and two cameras were all charged via USB cables from battery bank. The MaxxFan was run for a total of about two hours at the third setting up from off drawing .5AH.

Notes on Butane fuel use: We utilized both butane stoves (12K BTU & 10K BTU) during the trip as there were meals better prepared using two burners. We used a total of 2 canisters and put a third canister in the smaller 10K BTU stove the last morning to boil our standard 32oz of water in the tea kettle to make coffee in the French Press. Basic use was as follows: ~3 tea kettles of 32oz water boiled during the course of each day. Two cooked meals each day. And three kettles of water for the three showers taken mid week (mixed with three room-temp kettles for _perfect_ camp showers). Butane canisters have been purchased recently from $1.50 to $2.00 ea. So total butane cost was about $1 per day for this 5 day trip.

Notes on Rocket Stove: This was our maiden voyage/use of our new 2 door StoveTec Rocket Stove. . .

Image shows cooking Chicken-Kabobs on a ceramic grill-pan (used 6 charcoal briquettes), and also with Coleman oven in inset baking two dozen (4 batches of 6 cookies) almond/dark-chocolate cookies @ 375 degrees, (used 8 charcoal briquettes). After the cookies came out we used another 4 charcoal briquettes to bake a loaf of almond bread (all our recopies we attempt to be as gluten free as we can.)

Notes on Camp setup: We were off grid along the Quartzcreek scenic byway west of Sweet Home Oregon. It is an area of river approximately 11 miles long set aside for public use and free camping at designated spots (fire rings mark an approved camp site, there are about 50 rings). This trip we were able to set up at one of Cari's favorite gold-spots of ring #34.

There's plenty of glittery stuff to go around so we don't mind sharing where we've been! It is Oregon prospecting so she doesn't expect to retire on the findings, but the hunt for her is enjoyable, and she always comes up from the river with something to show in her pans. This trip was no exception.

The camp had to be set up for wet weather camping, so we set up the two 16ft x 16ft Kelty Noah's Tarps as seen in this image:

After three days of fairly constant rain they had soaked through, though still ok to work and live under (looked like condensation drops, but not _dropping_). The van's Fiama f45 awning was out too. This was actually the first time we'd chanced keeping tarps/awnings up around the clock as the winds were mild and only came up for about an hour in the early afternoon (~15mph). From Monday morning through Wednesday night we stayed pretty much under cover enjoying the gentle rainfall, river, and each other's company ( our daughter was visiting from her airbase in the Sacramento area - Travis AFB ).

Thursday the clouds gave way to blue skies and our daughter & i put up the Gardner Mt 12ft x 12ft sun-shade type awning purchased on the good-recommendation of Tim another Parkliner owner:

Overall a fun trip. . . with more trip notes over at the blog thread.
Happy Trails, and thanks for stopping by!

Thom

Old 07-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #339

Name: Kristen
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Missouri
Hi, Thom.

I'm still considering the Parkliner and reading through all your posts for at least the 10th time. They are fantastic and full of so much info! I have some really basic questions specific to your choices. For the record, so no one feels the need to restate their concerns on your heating choices, I know my limitations and inexperience, so will NOT be using your choice of butane for heating. I will purchase the stock air conditioner and furnace. However, personally, I want as few additional built in systems/appliances as possible. I've thought about this a lot and I really think simpler is better for me. And I'm not concerned about resale at all because I intend to have this trailer forever... and, I haven't placed an order yet, so who knows how I may change my mind between now and then anyway. All that said, I will stick with the icebox, my own portable toilet (not sure what yet) and the latest is that I don't want the water heater. I really like your idea of the battery sprayer. I'd never heard of it before reading your info, but have since found a lot on the net about pump sprayer showers, etc. And heating water and taking a shower with some kind of sprayer seems like a lot less effort and needed knowledge than maintaining a water heater, having to fill it, waiting for it to heat, etc. The sprayer just sounds perfect for us! I also won't be purchasing the range. I figure I can get a portable electric cook top for indoor use and a normal camp stove for outdoor use. And we like cooking over the camp fire too. So I think, so far, my choices will be safe and fit our style perfectly! So, on to some questions specific to your other choices. I've copied some of your info from your build post and my questions are in CAPS:

From page 2 of the MSRP sheet:
1) Include sewer hose/housing but do not mount. WHY NOT MOUNTED?
2) Run shower plumbing to top of curb side chase and cap. Do Not install shower fixture. HAVE YOU MOUNTED THE SPRAYER SHOWER HEAD SOMEHOW? TAKING A ONE-HANDED SHOWER SEEMS DIFFICULT BUT SEEMS IT WOULD BE PERFECT OTHERWISE.
3) Install Pre-Bilge-Pump drain THIS IS STANDARD, ISN'T IT?
4) Install 15 gallon fresh water tank on curb side with exterior fill(s) also on curb side.(relocate parts as needed/discussed) WHY CURBSIDE?
5) Pre-wire for Solar as discussed (10g wire inside street-side chase.) WAS THERE A CHARGE FOR THIS? SOLAR FOR US WOULD BE SOMETHING WAY DOWN THE ROAD.
6) 2 additional 12 volt outlets: 1 near 120v outlet at galley, + 1 near street side wall on front face of forward facing street-side dinette seat. OK, IF OTHER QUESTIONS HAVEN'T SHOWN MY INEXPERIENCE THIS ONE WILL.. ARE THERE LIMITATIONS WHAT CAN BE PLUGGED INTO 12V OUTLET VERSUS 120V? I THINK I KNOW 12V IS BATTERY POWERED AND 120V IS SHORE POWERED. AND WITH THE CONVERTER, THE 12V SWITCHES TO 120V WHEN HOOKED UP AT A CAMPSITE, BUT THEN CAN BE USED LATER OFF BATTERY POWER IF NOT HOOKED UP. DO I HAVE THIS RIGHT? CAMPING WILL BE AT POWERED CAMPSITES UNTIL WE LEARN MORE AND GET MORE ADVENTUROUS. BUT DON'T WANT TO MAKE SELECTIONS NOW THAT WILL HINDER DESIRED CHANGES LATER. SO I THINK IF WE WANT EXTRA RECEPTACLES, THEY SHOULD BE 12V. RIGHT? NO IMPACT NOW AND WILL ALLOW FOR CHANGES LATER?
7) Replace/Credit Fantastic Roof Fan with (PTBD) MaxxAir MaxxFan 5100K deluxe manual opening fan. GOT IT, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A NO-BRAINER PER ALL THE COMMENTS.
8) Sani-Pottie – Delete/Credit. We will use our own pottie and will utilize door/storage area as designed. COUPLE OF QUESTIONS HERE. I'VE READ ALL THE TOILET OPTION POSTS HERE AND OTHER PLACES I CAN FIND. I'M ACTUALLY LEANING TOWARDS A DRY TOILET OPTION. JUST CURIOUS, IF YOU DON'T MIND SHARING, WHAT TYPE YOU USE. ALSO, I'D LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CUBBY AREA IN THE SHOWER. ARE THERE EVER ANY ISSUES WITH WATER GETTING WHERE IT SHOULDN'T BEHIND THE DOOR?
9) Microwave – Delete/Credit Microwave & Shelf. Mount existing light below sink area upper cabinet. NOPE, WE WILL KEEP THE MICROWAVE
10) Replace horizontal slider galley window with window similar in design to bathroom CAN YOU COMMENT MORE ON THIS CHANGE ALSO?
11) Cushion = Tab Tangerine, Curtains = Canvas Antique Beige

Thank you so much for anything you care to share and thanks again for all the information you've already posted. And to everyone else. I am so glad I stumbled on this site and such a wonderful group of nice and helpful people. Can't wait to someday have my dream trailer and actually get to meet some of you!

Sincerely,
Kristen
Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #340

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Hi Kristen & thanks for stopping by and sending some questions!

(Note to others...PLEASE dear visitor...no FLAME Wars. For sure our style of adventuring might be a bit out-of-the-box for many, but we've camped like this for years and it works for us. YOUR MILLAGE MAY VARY.)

I'll start off with thoughts on your closing paragraph. I too have enjoyed all the interaction with our fellow Egg'ers here at the forum. Like yourself this site has been great for research/development ideas and enjoyable reads on many topics. We all share in your excitement as you look forward to pulling your rig down the road and a meet up.

OK, onto your thoughts/questions. I will respond in blue text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen in MO View Post
I will purchase the stock air conditioner and furnace. However, personally, I want as few additional built in systems/appliances as possible...All that said, I will stick with the icebox, my own portable toilet (not sure what yet) and the latest is that I don't want the water heater. I really like your idea of the battery sprayer...
I will base my responses to your questions with this general-build in mind. One thought as it was not mentioned in any question as an FYI...cari & i now use the "Ice Box" as a place to store dry goods. We find our two 70 quart engel deep blue coolers to do a fine job and are more convenient in our style of camping...AND we can leave them outside in camp unattended because they are certified bear resistant...and we do camp in critter country!

Quote:
1) Include sewer hose/housing but do not mount. WHY NOT MOUNTED?
I knew with our mode of dry camping we would only have liquids in the grey tank so utilizing a standard garden hose would suffice. The "sewer hose" housing is about 3ft long and 4" diam. and IMO looks UGLY on the front of any RV. We have an expandable hose in a bag next to our 15 gallon water tank for filling the fresh tank and a regular garden hose coiled up in the same area for grey tank emptying use. IF you will have a standard toilet sending solids into the tank then i would go with the standard 4" sewer hose, otherwise a garden hose and appropriate fitting for park-end will do as the PL already comes standard with the 3/4" garden hose adapter on the grey outlet.

Quote:
2) Run shower plumbing to top of curb side chase and cap. Do Not install shower fixture. HAVE YOU MOUNTED THE SPRAYER SHOWER HEAD SOMEHOW? TAKING A ONE-HANDED SHOWER SEEMS DIFFICULT BUT SEEMS IT WOULD BE PERFECT OTHERWISE.
We find that holding the shower sprayer is fine. Even my wife with all her curly locks washes with the sprayer in hand. Though, we do have a clip on the handle that allows us to clip it to the built in upper shower curtain rod...but the hook is rarely used.

Quote:
3) Install Pre-Bilge-Pump drain THIS IS STANDARD, ISN'T IT?
There is no drain directly below the shower drain. The shower drain goes into some braided-vinyl tube/brass connectors. Chandler did not have anything to retrofit a drain into the loop before the bilge pump so this is something i still plan on doing. We took three showers the last 5 day trip and just pumped the shower water into the grey tank. BUT local regs would have allowed watering the plants with the water & bio soap...and i would have done that if the post-shower-drain outlet had been installed. My idea was to have a 3/4" garden hose fitting worked into the plumbing. This is what i will do on my own at this point.

Quote:
4) Install 15 gallon fresh water tank on curb side with exterior fill(s) also on curb side.(relocate parts as needed/discussed) WHY CURBSIDE?
Unlike your proposed _always plugged in_ camping mode, cari & i dry camp. The only time we plugged in so far was at the Spring Oregon Gathering at a state park. Our rig is parked as close as regs allow to one of several favorite rivers for ~5 days per trip...Monday through Friday by our choice and design. So....IF we ever do have to fill up with water, i want to be able to monitor progress from the Katadyn Gravity Filter set up from _camp/river_ side of rig...which is _curb side_. ALSO, since i asked the tank to be placed curbside to balance out the side-to-side-load (battery bank is street side) i felt the shortest plumbing run made sense. In our PL #35 there is ~18" of tubing from fill to tank. 9" from tank to pump. ~8ft from pump to kitchen faucet. ~5ft from faucet to grey tank. Shower is direct to bilge pump which is ~8" below and 8ft away from grey tank. Then it's ~2ft from grey tank to valve. Not much of anything to _go wrong_. and easy access to all of it.

Quote:
5) Pre-wire for Solar as discussed (10g wire inside street-side chase.) WAS THERE A CHARGE FOR THIS? SOLAR FOR US WOULD BE SOMETHING WAY DOWN THE ROAD.
This consists of two ~10ft lengths of 10 gauge wire that is not connected but simply pre-run from the converter box up the grey-tank vent area and left coiled up in an upper cabinet. I believe this is a no-cost option. There is no actual _wiring_ work done.

Quote:
6) 2 additional 12 volt outlets: 1 near 120v outlet at galley, + 1 near street side wall on front face of forward facing street-side dinette seat. ARE THERE LIMITATIONS WHAT CAN BE PLUGGED INTO 12V OUTLET VERSUS 120V?
Basically you have two completely different types of gadgets/items that go into one or the other. Think of the 12v outlets of the same general items you would plug into your car's cig.lighter socket...your cell phone or tablet charger, a map light, GPS charger etc. We knew we'd be using the side table quite a bit and wanted 12v power in that area so we could charge our devices. You will still most likely make good use of any 12v outlets you have. We have an aftermarket USB + Socket device plugged in all the time under the table for charging anything we bring along from cameras, cell phones, tablets...and yes even our _mood light_ IF we were to plug in we might bring our portable electric room heater and electric burner or electric kettle. ALSO, in addition to my requested 12v outlet at the side dinette location I would have had PL also mount a 12v plug next to the rear street side standard 110v outlet under the rear table (i will be doing this myself).

Quote:
7) Replace/Credit Fantastic Roof Fan with (PTBD) MaxxAir MaxxFan 5100K deluxe manual opening fan. GOT IT, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A NO-BRAINER PER ALL THE COMMENTS.
The MaxxAir MaxxFan should really be standard on all eggs! It costs the same as the FF and is so much more fan for the money!

Quote:
8) Sani-Pottie – Delete/Credit. We will use our own pottie and will utilize door/storage area as designed. COUPLE OF QUESTIONS HERE. I'VE READ ALL THE TOILET OPTION POSTS HERE AND OTHER PLACES I CAN FIND. I'M ACTUALLY LEANING TOWARDS A DRY TOILET OPTION. JUST CURIOUS, IF YOU DON'T MIND SHARING, WHAT TYPE YOU USE. ALSO, I'D LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CUBBY AREA IN THE SHOWER. ARE THERE EVER ANY ISSUES WITH WATER GETTING WHERE IT SHOULDN'T BEHIND THE DOOR?
First thing to remember is that we have our van set up for "toilet" duties day and night (see these images _1_, _2_) and we use the PL to shower in. That said, our model is totally duplicateable and in fact we did so during last trip when our daughter used the PL as her bedroom. She was able to use our simple system outlined below and made no fuss about it...and i can assure you she is all lady! even though she wears camo to work. The "Cubby" area measures 18"Deep X 18"Wide X 14"Tall. Under all but extreme cases i think it will stay dry in there.

As for what we use? Well...sorry if this is TMI for any visitor...but Kristen asked! First, my wife came up with this arrangement (just like the sprayer shower) so i will state again for the record...This was not a guy's call. It is designed & approved by an amazingly wonderful MacGirlver : )

(GOOGLE "Urine diverting toilets" for a better understanding on the "why" behind this design. We realize this is not for the faint of heart or those who insist on a _flush_ to get things out of sight... BUT then we don't have to wait in line to empty a tank!)

Liquids;
Hers: a very nice stainless steel ice bucket. YUP you read it right. No fuss, just tinkle in the SS bucket, put on the lid and it is sealed up till emptied before bed and again in the morning.
His: an easy to use motor-oil-jug. Then come the morning she dumps _hers_ into _his_ and He disposes of _it_ properly. This can be one of three ways;
1) Into built in grey tank that has kitchen sink and shower bio soap. Remember if one purchases the optional Macerating Toilet from Parkliner it all goes into the single tank.
2) IF in a park setting one could take the small sealed/no spill jug to the nearby toilet to be dumped...it's just liquid! Sheesh.
3) IF local regs allow, mix with some water and water the plants.

(GOOGLE "Squatting Position" we use the squatting position at home and on the road for its health benefits)
On SOLIDS:
1) 2 gallon frosting bucket (her pick/find)
use with;
(1st choice) DIY WAG Bag: line with biodegradable bag and put ~cup of arm & hammer kitty litter. Used bag is then placed into a brown paper bag (think lunch bag size) and then emptied in trash after each use.
(2nd choice if local regs require) WAG Bag. ~1.00 per day cost. Dispose nightly in trash.
No Fuss, No Mess, No tank to empty.

You know all those disposable kiddie & adult diapers full of poop? How about those _litter bags_ from the doggie walk in the park? The kittie-litter box? They end up in your local landfill too. Just sayin'. And WAG Bags are US Forestry, Dept.Of Agriculture, & BLM approved. This is super simple, and _wife_ approved She would rather take out the trash than wait in a line to dump the black tank. < Her words.

Quote:
10) Replace horizontal slider galley window with window similar in design to bathroom CAN YOU COMMENT MORE ON THIS CHANGE ALSO?
This is another item that should be standard on Parkliners. It does two things; 1) Allows plenty of ventilation in galley area rain or shine. 2) Allows ambient light with full privacy due to glazing. No curtains to put up like one would have to with stock window...and now there is a fire hazard with curtains so close to any cooking surface/appliance.

I think that about covers what i saw in your post. If anything needs clarifying ask away. It is never a both and quite enjoyable.

Happy Trails,
Thom
Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #341

Missouri
Thom, thank you so much. Yes, you answered everything and more. I think I would get along wonderfully with your wife - I love her very practical ideas! I appreciate all the info you share and I will let you know what we end up doing. And of course, I may be back with more questions.

Sincerely,
Kristen
Old 07-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #342

Missouri
Smile Icebox

Hello again! I didn't think I'd have another question so soon, but... regarding the icebox. Since I've never been inside a Parkliner, I have no idea if this would work or not. I read somewhere else that someone removed a fridge or icebox and replaced it with a cooler and were very happy with it. Would that be something to consider in a PL if one was sure they didn't want the refrigerator? Don't even get the icebox and ask for the space to be finished as an open shelf? Then place a normal top opening quality cooler. Or even install an extension shelf so you can pull that out and access the top of the cooler? Just wondering what you think? Thanks!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #343

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Hi Kristen, thx for the thx & kudos on my wife : ) she's a keeper.

On ice box... well... knowing what i know at this point...? I would ask Chandler if there were finish options for that area rather than having the ice box put in there. I'm not sure i posted the dimensions but i think the rough area is 20"Deep X 18"Wide X 20"High. So with that in mind you might be able to go with a high quality YETI cooler that would easily keep ice & sub 40 degree temp for 7 to 8 days depending on the ambient temp. Our 70qt would do that in 70 degree temps. It would be small...35 Quart size would be about it, but doable. OR if you wanted to go Certified Bear Resistant...the Engel Deep Blue 25 QT would fit in that space and be just a bit higher quality build and duration with the added security to know you would be in-regulation in national parks to leave your cooler out (many are now requiring bear certified if left outside).

I realize the prices for ice boxes of this quality are not for the faint of heart...BUT our YETI which we just sold for ~40% retail was on every trip we took from 2007 through last month's trip and the new owner just reported that there is still ice remaining in the cooler on day 9 and they are very pleased with it. SO one should realize these high quality coolers such as Engel, Pelican, and Yeti are used by commercial fishermen and guides because they work!

I might at some point remove the ice box again (my post on getting the hepVo to work at draining faster) and do some simple finish work with shelves and front opening netting for travel.

Cheers,
Thom
Old 07-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #344

Missouri
Thanks for commenting. Definitely a question I will ask when I finally order. Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #345

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Below is a re-post of what i believe is an important bit of information for current and future PL owners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I agree that something is not right...You could double check all of these with a multimeter - battery voltage, current input to the battery, etc.
Well i've done just that at this point.
Today after the trailer had been unplugged for over 24 hours i checked the two batteries' voltage. They were both showing 12.9 volts (hand held VOM on posts) and the Xantrex was showing 13.0 volts (on common + bus-bar). I checked voltage on PD4045 and it was a measured 13.2 volts two days ago before i unplugged from the 30 amp service. During the 3 months of active use i have never seen a voltage higher than 13.6 volts & 1.3 amps being delivered from the PD4045 to the batteries.

After going over (once again) all manuals (Optima batteries & PD4045) and discussing what i had seen/measured with both optima and progressive dynamics i have come to the conclusion (with their assistance) that the PD4045 is not set up to properly (fully) charge Optima Blue Top batteries. These batteries are looking for a minimum of 13.8 volts during normal charge with a max 10amps, and then dropping to 13.2v and 1amp during "float". The PD4045 is incapable of sending out more than 13.6 volts during normal charge, and sends out 13.2v during float, but at a very low rate ~0.1 amp. This rate is to low to properly maintain Optima Blue Top batteries for maximum life/health according to Optima techs and the Optima BT specs.

SOooooo, i have an Optima 1200 digital charger on order that i will hook up to the common bus which is connected to individual 60amp fuses and then to each D34M battery.

Once hooked up i will report back.

thom
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #346

Missouri
Hi, Thom. I'm not following. Is the PD4045 the factory converter? And it's not charging the now factory batteries enough? Is the optima charger necessary in addition to the PD4045 or instead of? And when I do finally get a PL, will this be something that someone with no electrical knowledge, but who can follow instructions/directions, be able to install? Thanks for your patience with all my questions.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #347

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Exclamation

Hi Kristen,

The PD4045 is a high quality converter that is in many RV's these days...and it came stock with our PL#35.

Here is my issue...I AM A MacGyver.. & enjoy knowing how things work. So in the case of our electrical system(s) i hook up redundant metering units (one hard wired in the bus-bar, one XANTREX LinkLite, one temporary handheld VOM). I now have just shy of 1000 hours of metering data from my setup and have not seen any voltage over 13.6 or more than 1.3 amps coming from the PD4045 even after being off-grid for 9 days use and running the bank down a (redundantly) measured ~30%. Once i even took my kindle reader out to the trailer when plugging in the unit and physically watched the meters for over an hour and still saw only the above info. One would think that was plenty of time to kick in a "Boost" mode? I will continue to test and maybe there is a PD solution...but in the mean time i will use the Optima charger as my battery maintainer.

Had i not been myself, and not wanted to know how things worked... i would have simply plugged the 30amp cable in and believed the batteries were being brought back up to 100% after each of our off grid adventures. I can imagine i am one of few peeps that go to this length of monitoring systems. And that is OK either way...it is just who i am...and who they are.

All i can say is what i've seen in my unit. And actually, i don't really care at this point since we only use the 12volt side of things anyway. . . so now i'll just be plugging in a ~25ft 14guage 15amp extension cord for the optima charger to do it's thing. This setup is very similar to what i used for several years in my Amateur Radio "Shack" and i know that AGM batteries are looking for particular specs out of a battery charger. I am happy with my decision to spend the $ on the optima charger for the two optima batteries in our rig, to me it is just part of good maintenance. I wish it could have been as simple (for battery health) to just plug in the PD4045...but 1000 hours of data later...i'm not seeing that is the case. (And our PD unit is apparently working according to specs per the PD tech folks.)

Dear Reader(s) Remember...all the above is on my particular Parkliner #35 built in April 2013 (that i still pinch myself as i spend time in...we luv it!)... your millage may vary!

Thom
Old 07-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #348

Missouri
Lol... Ok. It sounded like a major issue for all present and future PL owners when I read it the other day. But now not so much. All your detail is WAY out of my league, so sorry for all the questions. I do like reading all your posts about #35, I just have a long way to go before I understand it all.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #349

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
While we still like the layout of the ParkLiner, it is a bit disconcerting to me why the company is so disengaged from their existing and future customer base. Actually it worries me about their future prospects! For instance, on their Facebook page this morning, it looks like their last post was July 8 (today is the 27th). I'm not much of a fan of Facebook, but at least I check it every day. They have a slew of questions and comments there that have not been answered (a good one - what's the best time to call? no reply...). Why even have a Facebook page?

It worries me because I'm afraid if I buy one of these great little trailers, the company will simply disappear due to lack of customer engagement. It's just weird.

Don't mind me. Thinking of laying 20 some grand down for one of these trailers gets me thinking, always dangerous!

Frank
Old 07-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #350

Missouri
Yeah, I agree. But I'd also like the price to not go up any more before we buy, and that's what could happen if they staff more. And as small as their shop is, it's probably a lot of man hours to field questions from people who may not end up buying. And I'm guessing there's a lot of that in this market. So I'm just going to be patient and expect a wait when I finally place the order. And pester people here with my questions (thank you, everyone). And if they do fold before I get my trailer, I'm out $2000, I think. Not that I have that to throw away, but not enough for me to not risk placing the order either.

Tags
parkliner