Thoughts from the road - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Well, I visited the Scamp plant and now speak "Scamp". My first hands-on experience with Scamp trailers. I'm not sure what to think of all the "thru-hull" fittings, acorn nuts, and weird door hinges; and I'm not sure that rat fur is a progression from ensolite, especially in the shower. On the other hand, there was a very happy fellow from Virginia hooking up his shiny new basic 13 Scamp to a Honda Civic, who will be enjoying very economical travel for a long time to come.
By an incredible stroke of luck, at a picnic pull-off south of Kenora (Bunny Lake), I ran into a very nice couple returning to BC after three months on the road in their ESCAPE trailer. Apparently, they know the manufacturer, and their trailer was one of the first ones produced. Were they happy with it? When they set out on their adventure, they thought they would stay in a hotel once a week or so; after three months on the road, they had not spent a single night in a hotel! They were used to requests for a trailer tour, and showed me the features, even giving me a brochure on the trailer. You couldn't ask for better ambassadors for the brand. Trust me, an Escape trailer is a beautiful thing.
I hit one new-to-my-trailer province and three new states in my travels, and enjoyed Duluth and north shore Superior. If only my significant other had more vacation.....
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Cam, would their names be Wendy and Al, towing with a Honda???
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Cam, would their names be Wendy and Al, towing with a Honda???
Hi Doug I thought I passed them on Vancouver Island last Thursday ... some where between Port Alberni and Coombs..... perhaps it wasn't them after all... but it was a gray Van of some sort....

Also saw a last thursday same area a Casita - no idea who it was but I waved as they passed...

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:56 AM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
our trailer buddys (and the Trailer Goddess's retired workmate and her Hubby) had bought a used Escape from a local dealer (one of the very few used models around) last spring, have come to two of our meets and left mid summer headed to the far East Coast and returning back home here pretty soon. They'd told us they'd be gone about 3 months (total).
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote