Three Casitas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Three Casitas

We were parked in Myrtle Beach State Park with three Casitas for 3 days, none were members of FRV. I spent a fair amount of time happily answering questions whose answers are readily available on this site.

This is a marvelous site.

Sometimes some percentage of members come across too strongly. Mostly it is unintentional and the result of quick responses without considering the potential 'tone' that might be read into their post.

We need to be careful to police ourselves and always consider others so we can continue the magic of this forum. It is a wonderful tool for all of us.

Equally well each of us must not be too sensitive to mildly aggressive posts. I believe the intentionally agressive response is rare. In some measure it is all too easy to read intent into these short posts.

Sometimes simply ignoring a disagreeable post fixes it. Often the next post redirects the conversation to more reasonable line.

This is a marvelous site with a broad range of experienced and inexperienced RVers. It's important that we all consider each others as friends, ignore small transgressions and recognize that not anyone is having a good moment or even a good day.

As well when things really go out of bounds, there are a number of people watching who work to keep this an informative and civil site. Though the moderators exist to fix things and keep things civil, each of us also carry the responsibility to show kindness in our communications.

With happy thoughts for all, now near the Georgia border.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
....?
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryNPaul View Post
....?
You said it! I'm puzzled too.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Norm, where are you now, we are in Myrtle beach state park right now, heading to Huntinton beach tomorrow, then Edisto the next day with our final destination of Jekyll Island on Wednesday.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #5

Florida
Mary and Bob,

Sorry we missed you. We're normally a little slower in our travels but we got stuck in NH on family matters and are moving a little quicker than normal. We are now in St Mary's, GA. What is your ultimate destination.

By the way we're in Big Wheel RV park in St Mary's, a very nice Passport park.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 11-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
My reaction to the earlier post was the Norm and Ginny, as moderators of this site, were giving a gentle reminder to posters that they need to be sensitive to how posts may be taken by others. I know that I've run across several posts that seem to be a bit "know it all" or short, but I think that is usually because of the medium we are using. Many posts are coming through smartphones and the texts are short, leading to seemingly harsh comments. Other times, posters have a very definite opinion about something and this comes through, too.

Now, as to why Norm and Ginny chose to title this thread "Three Casitas???" I think that was just a lead-in to address that many questions have already been asked and answered, but we should never be to busy to help or guide someone needing assistance.

Of course, this isn't an English Lit course and I may be totally misinterpreting the authors' purpose!!!!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #7

New York
We are at Huntington beach state park SC,moving edisto park today,final destination is Jekyll Island GA on Wednesday. We took the ferry from ST Marys to Cumberland island a few years ago, nice trip. Bob
Old 11-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #8

New York
While we were at Huntington Beach campground, there was a 17 foot Casita a few sites down from us. They were not aware of this site, but didn't seem too interested when I told them about it. Us being first time owners of a fiberglass camper, this site has been extremely helpful. I certainly appreciate all the help I have received on here, and the generosity of the members. Great information here. Bob
Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #9

Florida
At Myrtle I gave the three Casitas my business card with the FRV site written on the back; they all wanted to know how to make their rigs shine. Next time I porint cards I intend to add the site to it.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 11-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #10

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
They were not aware of this site, but didn't seem too interested when I told them about it.
I have found that people who don't already have a molded fiberglass trailer are more likely to be interested. If they approach you, then they're interested.

I have struck up conversations with people who had a Casita who said they don't spend much time on the internet.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #11

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita Spirit Delux
Virginia
Registry
Very strange post!
TomB44 is offline   Reply With Quote