Tipped our Boler a bit! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #1

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Tipped our Boler a bit!

I'm still shaking!! We found out the scary way that my husband forgot to put the rear stabilizers under the frame of our 13' Boler when he brought it home tonight.

We both sat in the rear corners at the same time and bang!!! Inched our way towards the front after the shock wore off and bang again as the front end went back down. It's dark here so I'm going to have to check out the frame and shell in the daylight before I head to work tomorrow morning.

Let this be a warning to all to remember your stabilizers!! 😳

Morgyn

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
better than most carnival rides! Hope all is well with the trailer too.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #3

Name: Dean
British Columbia
You're not the only one...neighbour and myself were sitting at the back first day I got mine and my wife and kid walked to back to join us and wham we hit the bumper. Then the wife and kid shifted to the front and wham the tongue hit. Lol ... We laughed so hard after !!!
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Pretty sure many here have done that. I did that alone in the back of a stripped down Trillium 1300. I remember trying to inch forward ever so slowly. Still, the tongue came down with a bang. No harm done though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:59 PM   #5

Name: Morgyn
Nova Scotia
Well the good part of those bangs is that the overhead dining light started working again! A wire must have shaken loose this evening when we were getting used to our new braking system as there were a lot of sudden stops happening. After the nose went back down, the light flashed on!!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:44 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Did it with my horizon awning out .bent the aluminum slide out legs and can't find new part to replace it ,not to happy that trip.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I had been wanting a set of stabilizer stands. Yesterday I opened the door of the downstairs garage and just happened to glance at a small shelf to the right and there was a brand new set of 4. I call my friends garage here at the workshop "Aladdin's Cave". It is certainly full of treasures. He did not even realize he had purchased them. They are now in use

I did almost tip my trailer the first day I had it but felt it move and backed out of the door before it moved more than an inch or so.

Not often that a senior moment turns out to be a good thing
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #8

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Had a similar thing happen early on. Parked parallel on the side of a steep hill in back of my father in laws house. Disengaged hitch to take truck into town on an errand. Was going to hitch up when I returned, but of course I forgot. Decided to sweep the 17' Casita out, so I walked to the back. The trailer jack went up, the trailer pivoted and started to go down the hill. The jack dug into the soft dirt and hit a large rock, which stopped it from going to the bottom of the hill. Father in law, mother in law, and wife, after showing superficial concern for my health, laughed...and laughed...and laughed, and told the neighbors, who laughed...and everyone at church, who laughed...
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
When I was a Scoutmaster in the 90's I had a scout who not only did not follow instructions well but also had a "get out of my way, I'll show you rookies how to do this" attitude. He climbed into our equipment trailer without putting the jackstands under the corners. The trailer tipped and dumped him out along with a lot of gear as the rookies looked on. This maneuver became known as Nick's Ride on the Reading as a reference to the Monopoly game. Ten years later, long after Nick was out of Scouts,it was still referenced as an admonition before unloading started on each camping trip. You're not the first or the last so don't feel bad.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Father in law, mother in law, and wife, after showing superficial concern for my health, laughed...and laughed...and laughed, and told the neighbors, who laughed...and everyone at church, who laughed...
...and now me.

Our Casita has two full propane tanks on the hitch and seems to be fine without the stabilizers extended. So, I've gotten a bit cavalier about this. Maybe my turn is coming soon...

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler