Tired. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #21

Name: del
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Utah
I had read enough here to know these things go fast.

I had cash and time.

I called one five or six units, waited to talk with my wife and then called back the next day....sold sold sold.....so I learned these things sell within hours of the adds being posted....unless they are total wrecks!!!!!

I got lucky with an add that had left off the contact info.....did some detective work and got an email....next morning, Thursday I got a return email with phone number... bingo!!!!!

The sellers were wonderful, honest and willing to hold the trailer for a day while we drove 550 miles to pick it up.....kind of felt bad for the guy who planed to drive out to look at it on Sat morning.

The sellers did get their number on the add after talking with me and said they had over 30 calls within 24 hours one after 11 pm....even had many calls while we were there picking it up.

When I asked about the tires and bearings and told the seller how far we needed to drive, he packed the bearings for us....what a great blessing that was having a little peace of mind!!!!

I did not talk price over the phone and after seeing the great condition of the Burro I never offered a lower than asked price....they did knock off $100 when I handed them cash...told us to dine out!!!!

Do not think we will be selling any time soon, but it is good to know selling will be easy....lol

So far I'm getting the feeling that these little eggs must attract a special type of people.....very friendly......not snobbish...lol

Del
papas34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by papas34 View Post
So far I'm getting the feeling that these little eggs must attract a special type of people.....very friendly......not snobbish...lol

Del
I would agree completely. Look how many nice folks posted advice, and offered their stories about what it took to finally get one. I admit I have been doing most of the things people have suggested.. So I do feel better about the wait. I was beginning to think I was doing something seriously wrong.
Again, thanks everyone.

.......or maybe my whole problem is just the 80's teen in me who still wants instant gratification!!!!
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #23

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminbuddha
We were on Vancouver Island last summer, and counted 3 Bolers that were parked out in the fields, looked like they were unused, unloved, under appreciated..Point being, they're out there, gems waiting to be dug up...
I live on VI, we have a lot sitting in fields...we have asked about most of them, I'm sure, in our own search, and the ones sitting driveways, looking ignored & abandoned.

Each & every time the people told us they get offers frequently (one said once a week) and are just....hoarding...ahem, keeping them for, let's see, a spare bedroom, a racing workshop for his friend, a memento etc.....it was honestly the most frustrating part of our search! There is my rant (sorry!) We ended up buying one from a Used Stuff website.
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #24

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomni View Post
I live on VI, we have a lot sitting in fields...we have asked about most of them, I'm sure, in our own search, and the ones sitting driveways, looking ignored & abandoned.

Each & every time the people told us they get offers frequently (one said once a week) and are just....hoarding...ahem, keeping them for, let's see, a spare bedroom, a racing workshop for his friend, a memento etc.....it was honestly the most frustrating part of our search! There is my rant (sorry!) We ended up buying one from a Used Stuff website.
I know how you feel. I once saw a 16' Deluxe that had been hacked and mostly gutted so it could be used as a garden shed for the mower, etc....
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #25

Name: del
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Utah
Here is something interesting!!!!

1987 Scamp Motorhome Camper Travel Trailer Fiberglass Camper *** NO RESERVE** 1987 Scamp Motorhome Camper Travel Trailer Fiberglass Camper *** NO RESERVE** | eBay
papas34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #26

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
well, take your time. it will be worth the wait if you get the one you want rather then settling for something less.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #27

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
that will bring big money...it's really rare
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #28

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Back when the above was new, those were not called class C. There were called a micro mini and what we now call a class C were called a mini motorhome. That's being offered for sale about 25 miles from where we live.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #29

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M View Post
I am sooooooooooooooooo tired of looking for a Scamp!!!! I just got beat out on a really nice local one again too. I'm sorry, but I just had to vent, and I would bet most of you can relate!!!
Have you see this ad? No Marine bath, but looks like a good price.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-oh-51248.html
Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #30

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
well, take your time. it will be worth the wait if you get the one you want rather then settling for something less.
Exactly!!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #31

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Have you see this ad? No Marine bath, but looks like a good price.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-oh-51248.html
I did see that one. I am looking for one without the side dinette though.
But thanks anyway!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #32

Name: Dorothy
Trailer: currently shopping
Minnesota
Smile persistence and gut feeling

We've only actively looked for a month, but both my husband and I were poking around various sites. We looked without bidding until we found one we were both excited about. Our ace in the hole? Willing and able to travel to get the right egg at the right price. Although we live 4 hours from the Scamp factory, the Scamp that found us lives in Florida. We're happy to have an excuse for trip. Your egg will arrive.
The Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #33

California
Thanks Dorothy. In the last week or so there are sure a lot more popping up for sale, so I am hopeful I will get to camp this summer.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #34

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
For what it's worth I first heard about the scamp I ended up purchasing when a co-worker rescued it from a long period of neglect, a few years later he mentioned at staff meeting he was going to sell it. Wife agreed to drive out that night and we towed it home. "Yours" will come to you and when it does you will know it was meant to be yours. And be very happy.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #35

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
For what it's worth I first heard about the scamp I ended up purchasing when a co-worker rescued it from a long period of neglect, a few years later he mentioned at staff meeting he was going to sell it. Wife agreed to drive out that night and we towed it home. "Yours" will come to you and when it does you will know it was meant to be yours. And be very happy.
I know it will, and then I will be happy for holding out 'till the right one comes along. I think the change in the weather has fueled my impatience!