Took the plunge today - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #1

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
Took the plunge today

Having had our 5th wheel up for sale for two years, and the weather turning nice & warm, I decided I needed to do something about it. Soooo all that was left to do was to trade it in. Now molded fiberglass people do not trade, so I had to go elsewhere. It is still fiberglass though. I traded for a Rockwood hardside popup A frame, 17 footer A122. It has a permanent bed and a booth with stove and sink & microwave. No bathroom, but has a porta potty. Having owned an Aliner previously, I knew I would like it. This one is just bigger than the Aliner. I did not enjoy changing the table over to a bed every night.
I will be going back at the end of the month to pick up the camper.
I hope I am still welcome on this blog, as I have enjoyed visiting it on a daily basis.
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Sure you are still welcome, just don't ask us how to repair! If you can, bring your new camper up to Bemidji, MN for our gathering in June, or Duluth in Sept.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #3

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
It doesn't matter what you are camping in...a tent,a fiberglass rig,or a 40 foot diesel rig.It's all about socializing and meeting new people,sitting around a fire,sharing recipes ,and having a good time.Maybe playing some music.
ScampBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Laura June, we know molded fiberglass trailers aren't for everyone, otherwise... that's the only thing folks would own. Love the one you're with! That's my philosphy and I'm sticking with it. I hope you enjoy every moment of ownership of your Rockwood hardside popup A frame, 17 footer A122, truly. When you have Q&As regarding your particular brand.... you'll need to find answers elsewhere tho. I think you know that already.

Safe travels... now, go out and make memories!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #5

Name: Al
Trailer: 1982 13 foot Scamp
Wisconsin
Duluth in Sept...I'll be in the U.P. the end of August (the Porkies)and then headed for the Washburn area,into the Chequamegon.Just a hop skip and a jump across the border.
ScampBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #6

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
Thanks everybody, I am just so happy to be rid of that big rig. And Donna, I will try to take your good advice and be happy with what I got. Thanks
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura June View Post
And Donna, I will try to take your good advice and be happy with what I got. Thanks
There's another really good forum that's owned by Social Knowledge (owner's of FiberglassRV) IRV2.com. I truly believe it's important to connect with owners of any particular brand of trailer that you own to solve problems or post questions
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
And of course, you might get answers here to questions about problems that are common to all units, such as appliances, wiring, towing, etc. And you prolly can give advice pertaining to camping in a molded fiberglass 5th wheel.

Congrats on your new trailer! The main thing is to get out and go camping!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #9
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
We used to own a Chalet. I am sure you are aware that the biggest problem is when you stop for a break and set up to use the facilities you are going to draw a crowd. Don't forget to close the curtains Good luck on the new rig. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #10

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura June View Post
Having had our 5th wheel up for sale for two years, and the weather turning nice & warm, I decided I needed to do something about it. Soooo all that was left to do was to trade it in. Now molded fiberglass people do not trade, so I had to go elsewhere. It is still fiberglass though. I traded for a Rockwood hardside popup A frame, 17 footer A122. It has a permanent bed and a booth with stove and sink & microwave. No bathroom, but has a porta potty. Having owned an Aliner previously, I knew I would like it. This one is just bigger than the Aliner. I did not enjoy changing the table over to a bed every night.
I will be going back at the end of the month to pick up the camper.
I hope I am still welcome on this blog, as I have enjoyed visiting it on a daily basis.
that a122 is exactly the one we considered very strongly. i loved all the windows in it.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #11

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Smile

Pictures? as Donna always said we love pictures, yes your welcome!
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Congratulations! I've long been drawn to the A frames also. Thought about and looked at the Rockwood before I bought my current trailer at this time last year, and if they had made one then with a shower inside I might have gotten it.

Time to update your profile!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote